Lecce vs Sassuolo Prediction: Serie A Betting Odds, Team News & Analysis
- Feb 25, 2023, 10:04:08 AM
Lecce and Sassuolo will battle it out on Saturday, February 25th, in a Serie A clash at Stadio Via del Mare. Both teams have a lot to play for as they seek to improve their league position. Lecce, in particular, will be looking to continue their impressive form after a recent run of good results. Here is our prediction for the game, complete with team analysis, betting trends, and public betting data.
Lecce has had a commendable ride on their return to Italy's top division, occupying 13th spot heading into round 24. Despite losing their top scorer from last season, Massimo Coda, to Genoa last summer, they have managed to compete admirably in Serie A. They recently stunned Atalanta 2-1 in Bergamo and held Roma to a 1-1 draw at Via del Mare two gameweeks back. Their wide attacker Gabriel Strefezza has carried the can for Baroni's troops, finding the back of the net seven times in only his second campaign in the division.
Sassuolo has been disappointing this season, languishing in 15th place. There is a threat of being sucked into a relegation battle, although they sit seven points clear of 18th-placed Hellas Verona. They have never been beaten by Lecce in league football, going five unbeaten against this weekend's opponents, having won the reverse fixture 1-0. Domenico Berardi should return to the team after being an unused substitute in their last match, and Andrea Pinamonti could replace Gregoire Defrel at centre-forward.
According to Kingpin.pro, Lecce has a 39% chance of winning, while Sassuolo has a 33% chance of coming out on top. The odds of a draw stand at 28%. The Over/Under market is set at 2.5 goals, with the Under priced at -115 and the Over at -105. The spread is currently Lecce -0.25, meaning they are slight favorites.
Public Betting Data
The public betting data shows that 46% of the wagers have been placed on Lecce to win, while 35% are backing a Sassuolo victory. The remaining 19% of bets have been placed on a draw.
Lecce has scored in all but one game at Via del Mare this season, so there is a likelihood the Salentini find the back of the net against a side that have not kept an away clean sheet since September. Five of the home side's 11 games in Puglia have ended 1-1, and another low-scoring tie could be in the offing this weekend. Our prediction for the game is a 1-1 draw.
If you are looking to bet on this game, our pick is Lecce -0.25. With the odds currently at -107, this offers good value, given the betting trends and our prediction. Don't forget to check out the Kingpin.pro iOS and Android app for more analysis and insights.