Birmingham City vs. Luton Town Prediction: Championship Clash Preview
- Feb 25, 2023, 7:37:00 AM
Birmingham City vs. Luton Town - prediction, team news, lineups
Birmingham City will host Luton Town in an important Championship clash on Saturday afternoon. The hosts have been struggling with a lack of energy and injuries, whereas the visitors are in high spirits despite their recent defeat. This article provides team analysis, betting trends, public betting data, and a prediction for the game.
Birmingham City suffered their third-straight defeat in the Championship against Norwich City earlier this week. The club's key players have been struggling with fatigue and injuries, making it difficult for them to compete at their best. The absence of Dion Sanderson for the rest of the season will be a significant blow to the team's defense. However, the inclusion of Krystian Bielik or Reda Khadra could change the course of the game.
Birmingham City possible starting lineup:
Ruddy; Colin, Dean, Trusty, Longelo; Bielik, Hannibal, Gardner, Chong; Jutkiewicz, Hogan
Luton Town may have lost their last game against Burnley, but they will take confidence from going toe-to-toe with the league leaders. Rob Edwards's men are currently in the top six of the Championship and inside the playoffs. The absence of Tom Lockyer and Cody Drameh will be a significant blow to the team's defense. However, Daniel Potts is a reliable replacement for Lockyer.
Luton Town possible starting lineup:
Horvath; Burke, Potts, Osho; Doughty, Nakamba, Mpanzu, Bell, Clark; Morris, Adebayo
Betting Trends and Public Betting Data
According to the latest betting trends, Luton Town is the favorite to win the game. The visitors have a 55% chance of winning, whereas Birmingham City has a 28% chance of winning. The remaining 17% of the bets are in favor of a draw. The public betting data also shows that Luton Town has received more bets than Birmingham City.
Considering the team's recent form and injury concerns, Luton Town is likely to come out on top in this game. The visitors have been playing with high spirits and have the quality to overcome Birmingham City's defense. Our prediction for this game is a 2-1 victory for Luton Town.
Pick: Luton Town ML