Grand Canyon vs Southern Utah Prediction 3/11/23

Grand Canyon vs Southern Utah Prediction 3/11/23

The Grand Canyon Lopes will face off against the Southern Utah Thunderbirds in a thrilling NCAA basketball matchup. The game is set to take place on March 11, 2023, at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The game will air on ESPN2/ESPN+ at 11:30 PM ET. Both teams have put up a strong fight this season and have a lot to prove in this game. In this article, we will take a closer look at both teams, analyze their strengths and weaknesses, and provide our prediction for the game. We will also discuss the latest betting odds, injuries, and trends to help you make informed bets on the Kingpin.pro iOS and Android app.

Grand Canyon Lopes

The Grand Canyon Lopes have had a successful season, with a record of 23-11 and 11-7 in conference play. The team is led by guard Royce Harrison, who is averaging 17.3 points per game, shooting 43.8% from the field and 76.2% from the free-throw line. Guard Rashad Smith is also a key player for the Lopes, averaging 14.6 points per game and shooting 38.4% from beyond the arc.

The Lopes are a strong defensive team, allowing only 66.9 points per game to their opponents. They are also good on the glass, with an average of 36.8 rebounds per game. However, they struggle with turnovers, averaging 12.3 per game. If the Lopes can tighten up their ball security, they have a good chance of winning this game.

Utah Thunderbirds

The Southern Utah Thunderbirds have had a great season, with a record of 22-11 and 12-6 in conference play. Guard Tevian Jones is the team's leading scorer, averaging 17.7 points per game and shooting 39.5% from the field and 84.1% from the free-throw line. Guard Dre Marin is also a key player for the Thunderbirds, averaging 13.7 points per game and shooting 42.9% from beyond the arc.

The Thunderbirds are a strong offensive team, averaging 83.0 points per game, which is significantly higher than the Lopes' average of 75.1 points per game. However, they struggle defensively, allowing an average of 74.0 points per game to their opponents. If the Thunderbirds can improve their defense and limit the Lopes' scoring opportunities, they have a good chance of winning this game.

Betting Trends:

The betting trends for this game heavily favor the Southern Utah Thunderbirds. According to ESPN Analytics, the Thunderbirds have a 52.8% chance of winning, while the Lopes have a 47.2% chance of winning. The PickCenter consensus pick for the spread is +1 in favor of the Lopes, with an over/under of 148.5.

Public Betting Data:

The public betting data for this game is not yet available, but it will be interesting to see which team the public favors. Based on the betting trends, it is likely that the Thunderbirds will be the more popular pick.

Injuries:

Both teams appear to be relatively healthy heading into this matchup, with no major injuries reported on either side.

Prediction:

This game between the Grand Canyon Lopes and the Southern Utah Thunderbirds promises to be a highly competitive one, with both teams boasting strong offenses and defenses. However, we believe that the Lopes have the edge in this matchup.

Grand Canyon has been playing some excellent basketball down the stretch, winning their last five games and covering the spread in each of those contests. They have a talented and experienced roster that knows how to win big games, and they will be highly motivated to take down a tough Southern Utah team.

The Thunderbirds, meanwhile, have had an excellent season and are coming off of a three-game winning streak of their own. They are a well-rounded team that can score from anywhere on the court and play lockdown defense when necessary. However, they may be a bit fatigued after playing three games in the past week, while Grand Canyon has had an extra day of rest.

Ultimately, we believe that Grand Canyon's recent hot streak and overall talent will be enough to carry them to victory in this matchup. Look for them to take control of the game early and never look back, en route to a comfortable win over the Thunderbirds.

Pick: Grand Canyon Lopes (+1)

Winnings $94,500
last 30 days winnings $0
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 308 - 140 - 2
Winnings % 68%
Winnings $31,130
last 30 days winnings $0
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 404 - 267 - 5
Winnings % 60%