Tigers vs Red Sox Prediction MLB Picks 4/9

Tigers vs Red Sox Prediction MLB Picks 4/9

© Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports

 

Red Sox vs Tigers - MLB Game Preview - April 9, 2023

The Boston Red Sox will take on the Detroit Tigers in an American League clash at Comerica Park on April 9, 2023. Both teams will be hoping to get their season back on track, following a mixed start to the campaign. The Red Sox have won three of their opening seven games, while the Tigers have managed just two wins out of their first seven outings. MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer, and MLB picks emp predictions suggest the Red Sox will be the favorites to win this contest.

The Red Sox have a talented squad that features stars such as Adam Duvall and Jake Rogers. They will be hoping to use their experience and quality to get the better of the Tigers in this matchup. On the other hand, the Tigers will look towards their young guns such as Dillon Dingler and Tarik Skubal to step up and make an impact. Both teams will head into this game with a point to prove, as they look to climb up the American League standings.

 

Red Sox: Pitching Analysis

As the Red Sox enter the 2023 season, their pitching staff is a major talking point. So, what do the MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer, and MLB picks emp predictions say about the team's performance on the mound? On April 9, 2023, the Red Sox faced off against the Detroit Tigers. With a 3-4 record, the Red Sox had some work to do to improve their standings. The pitching matchup for the game was Kutter Crawford, a right-handed pitcher with a 0-1 record, and Matthew Boyd, a left-handed pitcher with a 0-0 record. According to PickCenter analysis, the Tigers were predicted to win with a 59.3% chance. The Red Sox had a 40.7% chance of winning the game. The experts also predicted that the game would have an over/under of 8.5 runs. Looking at the Red Sox's pitching statistics for the season, they had an overall record of 3-4. Crawford, who started the game against the Tigers, had an ERA of 15.75, a WHIP of

Red Sox: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to the Red Sox offense, experts and computer MLB picks and predictions have been favoring them in the early season. MLB today experts and parlay picks have also shown confidence in Boston’s lineup. With the likes of Adam Duvall and Matt Vierling leading the team in batting average and RBI’s, the Red Sox have shown plenty of power at the plate. In terms of best MLB bets for today, the Red Sox hitting with the spread has been a popular choice. However, some MLB picks for today have shown concerns about the team’s consistency due to injuries to key players like Trevor Story and James Paxton. Despite their injury concerns, the Red Sox offense has been putting up solid numbers, as they lead the American League in runs per game and total bases per game. The team’s slugging percentage and extra base hits have also been impressive, while their runs batted in and on-base percentage show a well-rounded approach at the plate. Looking ahead, the Red Sox will face a tough pitching matchup against Matthew Boyd of the Tigers. However, with their strong offense and consistent performance, the Red Sox remain a solid pick for a

 

Tigers: Pitching Analysis 

When it comes to pitching, the Detroit Tigers have struggled in recent years. However, there is potential for improvement this season. Matthew Boyd has shown flashes of being an ace in the past, and if he can regain his form, he could be a solid number one. Spencer Turnbull has also shown promise, especially with his no-hitter last season. The addition of Eduardo Rodriguez could also be a boost to the rotation. In terms of the bullpen, there are a few question marks. Jose Cisnero and Tyler Alexander seem like solid options, but the rest of the group is unproven. If they can step up, the Tigers could have a decent pen. Overall, experts and computer MLB picks and predictions don't have high expectations for the Tigers this season. However, if their pitching staff can perform better than expected, they could surprise some people. As for MLb picks, the odds aren't in their favor, but that doesn't mean they can't pull off some upsets. It will be interesting to see how this young Tigers pitching staff develops over the course of the season.

Tigers: Hitting Analysis

The Detroit Tigers have struggled to generate offense so far this season, ranking near the bottom of the league in several key hitting categories. Expert MLB picks from computer models and human analysts alike have not been kind to the Tigers, predicting continued struggles at the plate. However, there are some bright spots in the Tigers' lineup. Catcher Jake Rogers has shown potential, hitting two home runs and driving in four runs in the early part of the season. Center fielder, Akil Baddoo, has also had some notable moments, including a walk-off single in the team's first win of the season. Overall, the Tigers will need to improve their hitting if they hope to have any success this season. The team will need to rely on younger players to step up and contribute, while also getting more consistent production from their veterans. MLB picks and parlay bets may not be favoring the Tigers at the moment, but anything can happen in baseball and this Detroit team still has plenty of time to turn things around.

 

Injury Report:

As with any sport, injuries can play a major role in the outcome of a game. For today's matchup between the Boston Red Sox and the Detroit Tigers, both teams have players on the injury report. For the Boston Red Sox, relief pitcher Wyatt Mills is listed on the 15-day injured list with an undisclosed injury, while second baseman Trevor Story is on the 60-day injured list with a right shoulder strain. Pitchers Garrett Whitlock, Brayan Bello, and James Paxton are also on the 15-day injured list. On the Detroit Tigers side, starting pitcher Tarik Skubal is on the 60-day injured list with a left elbow injury, while pitcher Beau Brieske is on the 15-day injured list with a right shoulder strain. Catcher Dillon Dingler is listed as day-to-day with a right thumb contusion, while relief pitcher Elvis Alvarado is also day-to-day with an ankle injury. Outfielder Austin Meadows is on the 10-day injured list with a strained right quadriceps. 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Wyatt Mills Boston Red Sox RP 15-day IL (Apr 4)
Trevor Story Boston Red Sox 2B 60-day IL (Apr 4)
Garrett Whitlock Boston Red Sox RP 15-day IL (Apr 8)
Brayan Bello Boston Red Sox SP 15-day IL

 

Prediction

After analyzing the data and consulting with our MLB picks experts and computer models, our pick for today's game is the Boston Red Sox. While the Detroit Tigers have struggled in many areas including offense and defense, the Red Sox have shown consistency and strength in their batting order and pitching staff. With a solid win-loss record and current lead in the American League East, the Red Sox are the clear favorite in this matchup. 

 

Pick: Red Sox

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $83,830
last 30 days winnings ($260)
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1299 - 1121 - 96
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $77,680
last 30 days winnings ($320)
Yesterday winnings $770
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 636 - 420 - 12
Winnings % 59%