Tigers vs Pirates Prediction MLB Free Pick 5/16

Tigers vs Pirates Prediction MLB Free Pick 5/16

© Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports

 

Game Preview: Pirates vs Tigers (May 16, 2023) Pregame

The Pittsburgh Pirates will face off against the Detroit Tigers in an exciting MLB matchup on May 16, 2023. This game will take place at Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan, and is expected to be a thrilling display of top-notch baseball. MLB experts have analyzed the teams' performance and are predicting an intense game, making it an exciting opportunity for MLB picks and parlay bets. The best MLB bets today and MLB picks for today are likely to include this exciting game. The Pirates, with their 22-19 record and 12-10 away record, are hoping to take home a win against the Tigers. Meanwhile, the Tigers, with their 18-21 record and 9-9 home record, will be looking to defend their home turf and come out on top. With the gamecast predicting a close match, the matchup predictor gives the Pirates a 50.5% chance of winning, while giving the Tigers a 49.5% chance of winning. The game is scheduled to start at 6:40 PM on May 16, 2023, and the weather in Detroit is expected to be 67 degrees. The probable pitchers for the game are still undecided for the Pirates, while Michael Lorenzen will take the mound for the Tigers. Some key players to watch for in this exciting matchup include Andrew McCutchen and Bryan Reynolds for the Pirates, while Jake Rogers and Riley Greene are expected to make an impact for the Tigers. Stay tuned for a full-length prediction article, which will provide detailed insights and the best MLB picks with spread and odds, making it an exciting opportunity for MLB picks and parlays.

 

Pirates: Pitching Analysis

The Pirates have been performing well this season, but much of their success can be attributed to their pitching. Michael Lorenzen has been a standout player thus far, with a 1-2 record and an impressive 2.18 ERA. His ability to strikeout batters (27 Ks in 28 IP) and limit home runs (only 1 allowed) has made him a valuable asset to the team. While the team has yet to announce their other starting pitchers for the series against the Tigers, Roansy Contreras and Mitch Keller have both shown promise. Contreras has a 2-2 record and a 3.68 ERA, while Keller boasts a 2-3 record and a 3.54 ERA. If both players can continue to improve, the Pirates will have a solid rotation. In terms of the bullpen, Robert Stephenson and Duane Underwood Jr. have been consistent in their performances. Stephenson has a 2.70 ERA and 16 strikeouts in 13.1 innings pitched, while Underwood Jr. has a 3.00 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 15 innings pitched. The Pirates will need their bullpen to continue to perform well in order to secure wins. Overall, the Pirates have a solid pitching staff that has helped them achieve their current record. If their starters can continue to improve and their bullpen can continue to perform well, the team has the potential to make a playoff run. MLB experts are split in their predictions for the upcoming series between the Pirates and the Tigers, but with the Pirates' strong pitching and solid overall play, they have a good chance of coming out on top. MLB picks and parlays suggest that the Pirates are a good bet to win both games, while MLB experts picks today also favor the Pirates. When making the best MLB bets today, keep an eye on the Pirates' pitching staff and their ability to shut down opposing hitters.

Pirates: Hitting Analysis

The Pittsburgh Pirates have been playing decent baseball this season, currently holding a 22-19 record. Their hitting has been a key factor in their success, with several players stepping up to contribute. Bryan Reynolds leads the team with a .293 batting average and 23 RBIs, while Andrew McCutchen has hit 7 home runs so far. Experts have been taking notice of the Pirates' strong offense and have been making MLB picks and parlays in their favor. MLB experts picks today often include the Pirates as a solid bet. In fact, the Pirates have been one of the best MLB bets today, with a 22-19 record against the spread. When it comes to spread betting, the Pirates have also been a strong choice for MLB picks with spread. Their solid hitting has allowed them to cover the spread in many games this season. Looking at the matchup against the Detroit Tigers on May 16, 2023, the Pirates have a slight advantage according to analytics. The Pirates are favored to win with a 50.5% probability of victory, while the Tigers have a 49.5% chance. If you're looking for the best MLB picks and parlays, keep an eye on the Pirates' hitting performance. They have the potential to be a profitable team to bet on.

 

Tigers: Pitching Analysis

As the Pittsburgh Pirates take on the Detroit Tigers in the May 16, 2023 matchup, the pitching analysis is crucial in determining which team will come out on top. MLB picks experts and MLB picks and parlay professionals have been analyzing the game and providing their insights on the best MLB bets today. For the Pirates, the pitching situation is currently undecided, which leaves some uncertainty heading into the game. Meanwhile, for the Tigers, Michael Lorenzen will be taking the mound as the starting pitcher. Lorenzen currently has a 1-2 record with a 4.18 ERA, 1.212 WHIP, and 27 strikeouts in 28 innings pitched. MLB experts picks today suggest that Lorenzen could potentially have a strong performance against the Pirates, as his strikeout rate and WHIP have been solid this season. However, the Pirates' offense could also pose a challenge for him. MLB picks with spread and MLB picks for today indicate that the Tigers are currently favored to win by -125 on the moneyline. The over/under for the game is set at 9 runs. Overall, the pitching analysis suggests that the Tigers may have the upper hand in this matchup, but with the undecided pitching situation for the Pirates, anything can happen on the field. MLB picks and parlays professionals will be keeping a close eye on this game to see how it unfolds.

Tigers: Hitting Analysis

As the Tigers take on the Pirates on May 16th, 2023, MLB picks experts are closely analyzing the hitting stats for both teams to make their MLB picks and parlay predictions. Currently, the Tigers have a batting average of .237 and have scored 139 runs this season. Bryan Reynolds leads the team with a .293 batting average and 23 RBI. On the other hand, the Pirates have a batting average of .241 and have scored 176 runs. Andrew McCutchen leads the team with 7 home runs and an average of .246. MLB experts picks today suggest that the Pirates will have an advantage in this game, as they have a better overall record and are performing better defensively. However, the Tigers have the potential to make a comeback with their strong pitching and base stealing capabilities. For those looking to place their bets, the best MLB bets today may be to take the Pirates with the spread or to bet on the over/under of 9 runs. Either way, this game is sure to be an exciting matchup between two competitive teams.

 

Injury Report:

Heading into the May 16th matchup between the Pittsburgh Pirates and Detroit Tigers, both teams are relatively healthy. The Pirates have no players currently listed on their injury report, while the Tigers have two players listed as injured. Right-handed pitcher Trey Wingenter is currently on the 15-day injured list as of May 12th, while starter Spencer Turnbull was also placed on the 15-day IL on the same day. Kervin Castro is listed as day-to-day on the Tigers' injury report as of May 14th. Both teams will be hoping to stay healthy as they look to continue their early season success. As always, injuries can play a major role in the outcome of any game, so fans will want to keep an eye on the injury reports leading up to game day.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Noinjuredplayers Pittsburgh Pirates N/A None
Trey Wingenter Detroit Tigers RP 15-day IL (May 12)
Spencer Turnbull Detroit Tigers SP 15-day IL (May 12)
Kervin Castro Detroit Tigers RP day-to-day (May 14)

 

Prediction 

After analyzing the stats, the current roster, and the probable pitchers, our MLB experts have made their picks for the Pirates vs. Tigers game on May 16, 2023. Our best MLB bets today include a parlay of Pirates moneyline and under 9 runs. Our MLB picks with spread favor the Pirates -1.5. While the Tigers may have a slight advantage at home, the Pirates have been performing well on the road and have a strong defense to back up their offense. Therefore, our pick for this game is the Pittsburgh Pirates. 

 

Pick: Pirates ML

Winnings $74,767
last 30 days winnings $15,090
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 248 - 8
Winnings % 59%
Winnings $79,704
last 30 days winnings $4,760
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 241 - 147 - 5
Winnings % 61%