Tigers vs Mets Prediction MLB Picks Today 5/4

Tigers vs Mets Prediction MLB Picks Today 5/4

© Kirthmon F. Dozier / USA TODAY NETWORK

 

Mets vs Tigers (May 4, 2023) Pregame: Experts Make MLB Picks, Predictions, and Parlays

On May 4, 2023, the New York Mets will face off against the Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park, and the game promises to be an exciting one. As the teams prepare for the matchup, MLB picks experts, computer MLB picks, and MLB picks' em predictions are rolling in. Expert MLB picks are predicting the Mets to come out on top, but the Tigers are not to be underestimated, and anything can happen in baseball. Both teams have had a mixed start to the season, with the Mets sitting at 16-15 and the Tigers at 12-17. However, the Mets have the advantage in terms of their overall record and their away record, while the Tigers have a decent home record. The Matchup Predictor is giving the Mets a 61.3% chance of winning, but nothing is set in stone. MLB picks and parlay bets are shaping up to be interesting for this game. Some experts are sticking with the favorite Mets and making their picks accordingly, while others see potential upset from the Tigers. 

 

Mets: Pitching Analysis

The New York Mets have a solid pitching staff that is projected to perform well throughout the 2023 season. According to MLB picks experts, computer MLB picks, and MLB picks and parlay predictions, the Mets' pitching staff is expected to be one of the best in the league this year. The Mets' starting rotation is led by veteran right-hander Justin Verlander, who is expected to deliver a strong performance this season. He is joined by left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez, who has shown great promise in his career so far and is expected to continue to improve. The bullpen is also expected to be a strong point for the Mets this year. With pitchers like Tommy Hunter, Joey Lucchesi, and David Robertson, they have a solid group of relievers who can shut down opposing teams and keep the score close. Overall, the Mets' pitching will be a key factor in their success this season. Experts predict that they will finish with a strong record and make a deep playoff run. If they can continue to perform at a high level on the mound, they will have a great chance of bringing a World Series championship back to New York.

Mets: Hitting Analysis 

The New York Mets are set to take on the Detroit Tigers on May 4, 2023, and fans and experts alike are already analyzing the matchup. MLB Picks experts and computer predictions have weighed in on the potential performance of the Mets' hitting lineup. Looking at the Mets' offense value, they rank #15 in the league for win percentage at .516. Their batting average sits at .241, which is #18 in the league. However, they have a slugging percentage of .395 and an on-base percentage of .330, which ranks them at #17 and #10, respectively. The Mets' hitting leaders include Pete Alonso with 11 home runs and 28 RBIs, batting .250, and Brandon Nimmo with a .304 batting average, .398 OBP, and .438 SLG. When it comes to the Mets' run line performance, their overall record is 16-15, with a 10-9 away record and a record of 9-12 as favorites. Meanwhile, their opponents, the Detroit Tigers, have a 12-17 overall record, with a 7-7 home record and a record of 16-13 as underdogs. Based on MLB Picks and computer predictions, the Mets are favored to win with a 61.3% chance, while the Tigers have a 38.7% chance of winning. The Mets are favored with a -178 moneyline, while the Tigers have a +150 moneyline. The over/under for the game is set at 8. Overall, the Mets' hitting lineup shows promise for their upcoming matchup against the Tigers. As the date approaches, fans and experts will continue to keep a close eye on their performance and make their predictions accordingly.

 

Tigers: Pitching Analysis

When it comes to predicting MLB games, there are a variety of resources to turn to. MLB picks from experts, computer MLB picks and predictions, and MLB picks and parlays are all popular options for fans looking to make informed bets. As for the Mets vs. Tigers matchup on May 4, 2023, the experts are favoring the Mets, with a 61.3% chance of winning. Looking at the pitching matchup, the Mets will send Justin Verlander to the mound. Verlander has a record of 2-2 with a 2.10 ERA, WHIP of 0.87, and 30 strikeouts. On the Tigers' side, Eduardo Rodriguez will start. He has a record of 2-2 with a 6.22 ERA, WHIP of 1.35, and 30 strikeouts. Despite Rodriguez's struggles, he has held the Mets to just one run in his previous start against them. In terms of betting options, the Mets are favored with a moneyline consensus pick. However, if you're looking for more value, consider taking the Tigers with the spread of +1.5. The over/under is set at 8, and recent trends suggest taking the over. Overall, the pitching matchup leans towards the Mets, but the Tigers could surprise with a strong outing from Rodriguez. Keep these factors in mind when making your MLB picks for today's game.

Tigers Hitting Analysis

Heading into the May 4, 2023 matchup between the New York Mets and the Detroit Tigers, MLB picks experts and computer predictions are favoring the Mets. The Mets have a win percentage of .516, whereas the Tigers have a win percentage of .414. Looking at the hitting analysis for the two teams, the Mets hold the advantage in several categories. They have a higher batting average at .241 compared to the Tigers’ .226, and a higher slugging percentage at .395 compared to the Tigers’ .350. The Mets also have a higher runs per game average of 4.55 compared to the Tigers’ 4.52. However, the Tigers have some key players to watch, including first baseman Pete Alonso who leads the Mets in home runs with 11. For the Tigers, third baseman Nick Maton and right fielder Matt Vierling will be looking to contribute at the plate. Overall, as the Mets and Tigers take the field on May 4, 2023, MLB picks and experts predict that the Mets will come out on top based on their superior hitting performance this season. Fans can stay tuned for the live score and analysis of the game.

 

Injury Report:

As the Mets and Tigers get ready to face off on May 4, 2023, both teams will have a few key players sitting out due to injuries. The Mets will be missing pitcher Stephen Ridings, who is on the 60-day injured list after suffering a shoulder injury on May 1. The Tigers, on the other hand, have a longer list of injured players, including shortstop Ryan Kreidler (day-to-day), left fielder Austin Meadows (60-day IL), relief pitcher Trey Wingenter (15-day IL), starting pitcher Beau Brieske (15-day IL), and designated hitter Miguel Cabrera (day-to-day), who was pulled from a game on May 3 due to back stiffness. With both teams missing key players, expert MLB picks and computer MLB picks may be more important than ever when making MLB picks and parlays. MLB experts picks today should take into account the current injury reports and make the best MLB bets today based on the odds and spread. Regardless, the game is sure to be an exciting one for fans of both teams.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Stephen Ridings New York Mets SP 60-day IL (May 1)
Ryan Kreidler Detroit Tigers SS Day-to-Day (May 1)
Austin Meadows Detroit Tigers LF 60-day IL (May 1)
Trey Wingenter Detroit Tigers RP 15-day IL (May 2)
Beau Brieske Detroit Tigers SP 15-day IL (May 2)
Miguel Cabrera Detroit Tigers DH Day-to-Day (May 3)

 

Prediction

As the Mets and Tigers gear up for their matchup on May 4, 2023, experts and computer MLB picks and predictions are flooding in. Evaluating the teams' recent performances and player statistics, the consensus pick is for the Mets to win. However, some experts suggest taking the underdog and picking the Tigers to pull off the upset. Our pick for the game is the Tigers. While the Mets have a better overall record and lineup, the Tigers have been performing well lately and have the advantage of playing at home. With a few key players stepping up and contributing to the team's recent success, we believe the Tigers have what it takes to surprise the Mets and come away with a win. 

 

Pick: Tigers ML

Winnings $79,704
last 30 days winnings $6,820
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 241 - 147 - 5
Winnings % 61%
Winnings $71,767
last 30 days winnings $13,090
Yesterday winnings ($3,000)
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 251 - 8
Winnings % 59%