Tigers vs Mets Prediction MLB Free Picks 5/3

Tigers vs Mets Prediction MLB Free Picks 5/3

© Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

 

Mets vs. Tigers (May 3, 2023) Pregame: MLB Picks and Predictions

As the New York Mets take on the Detroit Tigers on May 3, 2023, MLB experts and computer MLB picks are gearing up for what promises to be an exciting match. The Mets come into the game with a 16-13 record and 10-7 away record, while the Tigers sit at 10-17 with a 5-7 home record. With both sides looking to make a mark and climb the rankings, there are sure to be plenty of MLB picks and predictions in circulation before the first pitch. Stay tuned for the full-length prediction article, which will delve into the matchup, roster analysis, and expert MLB picks and parlay for this exciting game.

 

Mets: Pitching Analysis

The New York Mets have displayed a strong pitching performance throughout the season, ranking 18th in earned run average with a 4.48 ERA. They have shown a consistent ability to limit opposing teams to fewer runs. This has made the Mets a popular choice among MLB picks experts, with many using computer MLB picks to make their predictions. The Mets' pitching rotation is anchored by ace Max Scherzer who has a 2-1 record and a 2.13 ERA. His dominant performances have made him a top pick among MLB picks and making him a staple in many MLB picks and parlays. The Mets also have Joey Lucchesi and Tylor Megill, who have shown flashes of brilliance this season. The bullpen has also shown its worth with John Curtiss, Tommy Hunter, and Adam Ottavino providing reliable options for Mets manager, Luis Rojas. The Mets' bullpen has a combined 3.41 ERA, making it one of the best in the league. 

Mets: Hitting Analysis

As the New York Mets take on the Detroit Tigers on May 3, 2023, MLB Picks experts, both human and computer, have made their predictions for the game. The Mets have been performing well lately, with a 16-13 overall record and a 10-7 record away from home. This has led to MLBToday experts and MLB Picks and Parlay analysts favoring the Mets with a 63.4% chance of winning compared to the Tigers' 36.6%. To make the best MLB bets today, it's essential to examine the team's stats and performance leading up to the game. Looking at the Mets' offense, their ranking value for win percentage is in the top 10 with a solid 0.552. Their run game is consistent, averaging 4.66 runs per game, while their batting average sits at 0.242, ranking 18th in the league. However, they make up for it with a strong slugging percentage of 0.393 and a secondary average of 0.297. On the defensive side, the Mets have an earned run average of 4.48 and a WHIP of 1.351. While these stats aren't the strongest in the league, they have a decent opponent win percentage of 0.448 and a run differential of +9.0. Taking all of this into account, the Mets are still the favorites with a betting line of -190 and an over/under of 8. The lineup to watch includes players like Pete Alonso, who leads the team with 11 home runs and 28 RBIs, and Brandon Nimmo, with a batting average of .320 and an on-base percentage of .419. Overall, the Mets have a strong chance of winning this May 3rd game against the Tigers, according to MLBPicks experts and analysts. Trends in their offense and defense suggest that they have what it takes to secure the victory. But, as always, anything can happen in baseball, and the Tigers may pull off an upset.

 

Tigers: Pitching Analysis

As the Mets and Tigers prepare to face off on May 3, 2023, MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks and predictions are starting to roll in. Today, experts are predicting the Mets will come out on top, with a 63.4% chance of winning compared to the Tigers' 36.6%. The pitching matchup for this game will feature Max Scherzer for the Mets and Joey Wentz for the Tigers. Scherzer, who has a record of 2-1 with a 3.72 ERA, WHIP of 1.19, and 179 strikeouts, is expected to dominate on the mound. Wentz, on the other hand, has struggled this season with a record of 0-3, ERA of 6.45, WHIP of 1.34, and only 22 strikeouts in 21.1 innings pitched. MLB today experts and MLB picks and parlays are not predicting a strong performance from Wentz in this matchup. In terms of spreads and odds, the Mets are favored to win with a moneyline of -190 compared to the Tigers' +158. The over/under has been set at 8 runs. Overall, MLB picks and experts are favoring the Mets to come out with the win in this game. However, anything can happen in baseball, and fans will have to tune in to see if the Tigers can pull off an upset against the Mets.

Tigers: Hitting Analysis

As the Mets prepare to take on the Tigers on May 3, 2023, MLB experts are weighing in with their predictions and pick recommendations. Computer-generated MLB picks and expert projections are pointing towards a Mets win, with a 63.4% chance of victory. MLB today experts agree that the Mets are a solid pick, with many industry insiders including the team in their MLB picks and parlays. In addition, MLB experts picks today consistently show the Mets as one of the best MLB bets today, with strong ML favorites and solid run line performance. When it comes to MLB picks with spread, the Mets are still considered to be a good contender to cover, with many experts predicting a tight game. Overall, MLB predictions today all point to a Mets victory with good odds and a strong chance of winning the game.

 

Injury Report

As the New York Mets and Detroit Tigers prepare to face off on May 3, 2023, both teams have some key players dealing with injuries. For the Mets, Stephen Ridings is on the 60-day injured list as of May 1. Meanwhile, the Tigers have several players dealing with injuries, including Beau Brieske who is on the 15-day injured list as of April 29, Tarik Skubal on the 60-day injured list as of April 30, Ryan Kreidler who is day-to-day as of May 1, Austin Meadows on the 60-day injured list as of May 1, and Trey Wingenter on the 15-day injured list as of May 2. 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Stephen Ridings New York Mets SP 60-day IL (as of May 1)
Beau Brieske Detroit Tigers SP 15-day IL (as of Apr 29)
Tarik Skubal Detroit Tigers SP 60-day IL (as of Apr 30)
Ryan Kreidler Detroit Tigers SS Day-to-day (as of May 1)
Austin Meadows Detroit Tigers LF 60-day IL (as of May 1)
Trey Wingenter Detroit Tigers RP 15-day IL (as of May 2)

 

Prediction

Based on the information provided, there are several factors that suggest the New York Mets will win and cover the -1.5 run line against the Detroit Tigers in their upcoming game:

Pitching matchup: Max Scherzer, who is listed as the probable starting pitcher for the Mets, has been a dominant force on the mound this season with a 2-1 record and a 3.72 ERA. In contrast, the Tigers' probable starter, Michael Lorenzen, has struggled with a 0-1 record and a 7.07 ERA. This suggests that the Mets have a clear advantage in the pitching department.

Recent form: The Mets have won three of their last five games, including a 5-3 victory over the Atlanta Braves in their most recent outing. Meanwhile, the Tigers have lost three of their last five games, including a 5-3 defeat to the Baltimore Orioles in their most recent contest. This suggests that the Mets are in better form and have momentum on their side.

Betting odds: According to the odds listed, the Mets are heavy favorites to win with a 63.4% chance of winning, while the Tigers only have a 36.6% chance of winning. Additionally, the Mets are favored to win by more than one run with a -1.5 run line. This suggests that the oddsmakers believe the Mets are likely to win comfortably.

Taking all of these factors into consideration, it seems likely that the New York Mets will win and cover the -1.5 run line against the Detroit Tigers in their upcoming game.

 

Pick: Mets -1.5

Winnings $80,704
last 30 days winnings $7,720
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 243 - 148 - 5
Winnings % 61%
Winnings $71,767
last 30 days winnings $13,090
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 251 - 8
Winnings % 59%