Tigers vs Guardians Prediction MLB Experts Picks 4/17

Tigers vs Guardians Prediction MLB Experts Picks 4/17

© David Richard-USA TODAY Sports

 

MLB Game Preview: Cleveland Guardians vs Detroit Tigers

The Cleveland Guardians will face the Detroit Tigers in an exciting MLB matchup on April 17, 2023, at Comerica Park. As the two teams prepare to battle it out on the field, MLB experts, picks, and computer predictions are all weighing in on who will come out on top. According to analytics, the Tigers hold a 76.5% chance of winning the game, while the Guardians' chances sit at 23.5%. MLB picks and parlays also favor the Tigers, while MLB picks with spread show the Guardians with a -1.5 advantage. Despite the odds, both teams are expected to put up a fierce fight. The Guardians come into the game with a 9-7 record and a strong away record of 7-3. On the other hand, the Tigers hold a 5-9 record and a home record of 2-3. With probable pitchers Hunter Gaddis for the Guardians and Eduardo Rodriguez for the Tigers, the game is sure to be an exciting one. Who will come out on top? Stay tuned for our full-length prediction article to find out.

 

Guardians: Pitching Analysis

As the Cleveland Guardians take on the Detroit Tigers on April 17, 2023, experts are predicting a win for the Tigers due to their superior pitching performance. While the Guardians have a solid record of 9-7, their pitching stats may put them at a disadvantage for this game. According to MLB pick experts and computer MLB picks, the Tigers have a 76.5% chance of coming out on top. MLB pick emp predictions and MLB today experts also favor the Tigers in this matchup. However, anything can happen in baseball, so the Guardians may be able to surprise everyone and take home the victory. To make the best MLB picks and parlay bets today, it's important to look at the pitching analysis for both teams. The Guardians' probable pitcher for this game is Hunter Gaddis, who has an ERA of 8.53 and a WHIP of 1.50. He has allowed 12 hits and 11 runs in just 14.2 innings pitched. In comparison, the Tigers' probable pitcher, Eduardo Rodriguez, has an ERA of 4.50 and a WHIP of 1.31. He has allowed 16 hits and 9 runs in 16 innings pitched. Based on these stats, Rodriguez is the stronger pitcher going into this matchup. However, it's important to note that baseball is a team sport, and the Guardians may be able to make up for any pitching deficiencies with strong hitting and defense. It will be interesting to see how this game plays out and whether the analysts' MLB picks and odds prove to be accurate.

Guardians Hitting Analysis

The Cleveland Guardians have started the season off strong with a 9-7 record, and their hitting has been a major factor in their success. MLB experts and computer picks alike have taken note, with many predicting the Guardians to continue their hot streak. One of the standout performers for the Guardians has been Josh Naylor, who leads the team with two home runs and a .173 batting average. Nick Maton has also been a key contributor, with three home runs and a .195 average for the Detroit Tigers. Overall, the Guardians boast a .238 team batting average, with an on-base percentage of .334 and a slugging percentage of .359. Their impressive hitting stats have made them one of the top MLB picks and parlay bets in recent weeks. Looking ahead to their upcoming matchup against the Tigers on April 17th, 2023, MLB experts are predicting another strong showing from the Guardians' offense. The Tigers' pitching staff, led by Eduardo Rodriguez, will have their work cut out for them against Cleveland's potent lineup. In terms of MLB picks with spread and odds, the Guardians are currently favored by -120 with an over/under of 8 runs. With their strong hitting and a solid pitching performance from Hunter Gaddis, the Guardians are favored to win this matchup. Overall, the MLB picks and predictions point to the Cleveland Guardians continuing their strong hitting performance and adding another win to their record. As the season progresses, it will be interesting to see if their hitting can keep up and propel them to greater success.

 

Tigers: Pitching Analysis

The Detroit Tigers have struggled in the early portion of the 2023 MLB season, and their pitching staff is a major reason why. The Tigers have a team ERA of 5.87, which ranks dead last in the American League. Their opponents are averaging 6.21 runs per game, the second-worst mark in the league. The Tigers' top three starters, Hunter Gaddis, Eduardo Rodriguez, and Matt Manning, have all struggled mightily. Gaddis has an ERA of 18.53 and has given up 11 home runs in just 21.1 innings pitched. Rodriguez has a 4.50 ERA and has given up six home runs in 16 innings. Manning, who was expected to be a key piece of the Tigers' future, has an ERA of 14.54 in just two starts. The Tigers' bullpen has also been a problem. Their relievers have a combined ERA of 5.36 and have blown three saves in the team's first 14 games. MLB picks experts and computer predictions have not been kind to the Tigers thus far. The majority of experts and computer models have predicted the Tigers to finish near the bottom of the American League standings. MLB today experts' picks have also been against the Tigers in most of their games thus far. If the Tigers hope to turn their season around, they will need their pitching staff to step up. Gaddis, Rodriguez, and Manning are all talented pitchers who have shown flashes of potential in the past. If they can start pitching to their abilities, the Tigers' season could take a turn for the better. However, if they continue to struggle, it could be a long year for Detroit fans.

Tigers: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to hitting, the Tigers have had a rough start to the 2023 MLB season. With a team batting average of .208, they currently sit at the bottom of the league in this category. However, some experts and computers still see potential in the Tigers' hitting lineup. MLB Picks Experts have noted that the Tigers have a few solid hitters in their roster, including Josh Naylor who has hit 2 home runs so far this season, and Nick Maton who leads the team with 9 RBIs. MLB Picks Computer also predicts that the Tigers will improve their hitting output as the season goes on. MLB Today Experts recognize that there is room for improvement in the Tigers' hitting game, but they also see some positive signs. For example, Myles Straw has a batting average of .333 and an on-base percentage of .443, indicating that he is a reliable hitter for the team. Matt Vierling also has a solid slugging percentage of .340. MLB Picks and Parlay offers Tigers fans some hope, as they predict that the team will start seeing more wins soon. They note that the Tigers have some tough matchups in the coming weeks, but that they have the potential to surprise their opponents with some strong hitting performances. Overall, while the Tigers' hitting game may not be their strongest attribute at the moment, there are signs that the team will start to see improvement as the season progresses. Fans should keep an eye on players like Naylor, Maton, Straw, and Vierling, who have shown promise in their hitting performances so far.

 

Injury Report

As the Cleveland Guardians take on the Detroit Tigers in their upcoming baseball game, they will be without a few key players due to injuries. Steven Hajjar and Anthony Gose are both day-to-day and may not be available for the game. Caleb Simpson and George Valera are also listed as day-to-day, although there is still hope they will be able to play. As for the Tigers, they have a few players on the injured list. Zack Hess is day-to-day, while Beau Brieske is on the 15-day IL. Austin Meadows and Matt Manning are also on the 10-day and 15-day IL, respectively. Collectively, these injuries may impact the performance of both teams in their match. Ultimately, every team faces challenges with injuries throughout the baseball season. While injuries may influence the outcome of some games, it is impossible to predict exactly how they will affect gameplay. 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Steven Hajjar Cleveland Guardians SP day-to-day
Anthony Gose Cleveland Guardians RP day-to-day
Caleb Simpson Cleveland Guardians RP day-to-day
George Valera Cleveland Guardians RF day-to-day
Amed Rosario Cleveland Guardians SS day-to-day
Zack Hess Detroit Tigers RP day-to-day
Beau Brieske Detroit Tigers SP 15-day IL
Austin Meadows Detroit Tigers RF 10-day IL
Matt Manning Detroit Tigers SP 15-day IL

 

Prediction

Although the Tigers have a slightly worse overall record of 5-9 compared to the Guardians' 9-7 record, the game is being played at Comerica Park, where the Tigers have a slightly better home record of 2-3.

The probable pitchers for the game are Hunter Gaddis for the Guardians and Eduardo Rodriguez for the Tigers. Gaddis has struggled so far this season, with an 8.53 ERA and a 0-1 record in 12.2 innings pitched. Rodriguez has also had a slow start, with a 4.50 ERA and a 0-2 record in 16 innings pitched. However, Rodriguez has the advantage of being a left-handed pitcher, which may be beneficial against the Guardians' batting lineup.

According to ESPN Analytics, the Tigers have a 76.5% chance of winning the game, while the Guardians have a 23.5% chance. This may be due to the Tigers' recent three-game winning streak, which includes two extra-inning victories against the San Francisco Giants.

In addition, the Tigers have some strong performers on their team, including Nick Maton, who leads the team in both home runs (3) and runs batted in (9), and Myles Straw, who has a batting average of .333 with a .443 on-base percentage.

Ultimately, as with any baseball game, anything can happen on the field, and the outcome is not guaranteed. However, based on the statistics and factors mentioned above, the Tigers have a chance of winning the game against the Guardians.

 

Pick: Detroit Tigers.

Winnings $79,704
last 30 days winnings $6,820
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 241 - 147 - 5
Winnings % 61%
Winnings $71,767
last 30 days winnings $13,090
Yesterday winnings ($3,000)
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 251 - 8
Winnings % 59%