Tigers vs Giants Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/16

Tigers vs Giants Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/16

© Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports

 

Game Preview: San Francisco Giants vs Detroit Tigers

The San Francisco Giants will face off against the Detroit Tigers on April 16, 2023, in what promises to be an exciting Major League Baseball matchup. MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer, and MLB picks em predictions all suggest that the Giants have the edge in this game. The Giants are currently 5-9, with a 3-5 record away from home. Even so, MLB today experts and MLB picks and parlay predictions give them a 52.5% chance of winning this game. Meanwhile, the Tigers have a 5-9 record, with a 2-3 record at home. MLB expert picks today and MLB picks with spread suggest that the Tigers have a 47.5% chance of winning. 

 

Giants: Pitching Analysis

The San Francisco Giants have had an up-and-down start to their season, with a 5-9 record through their first 14 games. Their pitching staff has been a key factor in their success, with several young arms stepping up to the plate. Logan Webb will take the mound for the Giants in their upcoming game against the Detroit Tigers. Webb has struggled in his three starts this season, posting a 7.61 ERA and allowing 22 hits in just 18 innings pitched. However, the Giants coaching staff remains confident in the young right-hander's abilities, and they'll be looking for him to turn things around against the Tigers. On the other side of the mound, the Tigers will send Matthew Boyd to the hill. Boyd has had a rough start to the season as well, with an 0-1 record and a 4.00 ERA through his first three starts. He'll be looking to bounce back against a Giants lineup that Giants: Hitting Analysis The San Francisco Giants are off to a slow start in the 2023 MLB season. But what's going wrong for their offense? MLB Picks experts and computer MLB Picks predict that the Giants will need a more consistent effort at the plate to get back on track. Their current .251 batting average is ranked 13th in the league, with a total of 142 hits and 23 total bases per game. Their slugging percentage of .442 is ranked 6th in the league, but they'll need to generate more runs and RBIs to turn things around. Thairo Estrada has been the Giants' batting standout so far with an impressive .365 batting average, along with a .411 on-base percentage and .615 slugging percentage. J.D. Davis has hit four home runs and holds an average of .341, while Nick Maton leads the Detroit Tigers with nine RBIs while averaging .195. MLB Today Experts and MLB Picks and Parlay sites suggest that the Giants'

Tigers: Pitching Analysis

The Tigers have struggled with their pitching this season, with an overall team earned run average (ERA) of 5.96. This puts them at the bottom of the league, and experts have not been picking them to win many games. The Tigers have also struggled with their defense, committing the 19th most errors in the league. However, Matthew Boyd, the left-handed starting pitcher for the Tigers, has shown promise with an ERA of 1.56 in his first four starts. He has been able to keep the opposition to just 7 hits and 2 runs in his last two starts. Logan Webb, the starting pitcher for the San Francisco Giants, has an ERA of 4.76 and has allowed 17 hits and 8 runs in his first three starts. The Tigers bullpen has also struggled, with a team ERA of 4.56. However, closer Michael Lorenzen has been a bright spot, with a 2.84 ERA and two Tigers: Hitting Analysis The Tigers are facing a tough challenge against the Giants on April 16th, 2023. The experts from MLB Picks Computer and MLB Today Experts have made their predictions, but it's still a game of baseball and anything can happen. Looking at the Tigers' hitting statistics, it's clear they have struggled this season. Their offense value ranks at 27th, with a win percentage of only 0.308, and an average of 3.31 runs per game. They also have a slugging percentage of only 0.323, the worst in the league. The team's batting average is even lower, at 0.204, and they have only hit 0.69 home runs per game, the second-lowest in the league. Their strikeout percentage of 27.4% is also one of the highest, signaling a lack of discipline at the plate. However, the Tigers do have some bright spots in their lineup. Third baseman Nick Maton leads the team with

 

Injury Report

As with any sport, injuries can be a major factor in predicting the outcome of a game. The Giants and Tigers both have players dealing with various injuries. For the Giants, they have several players on the injured list, including catcher Roberto Perez and outfielder Austin Slater, both of whom are on the 10-day IL. Infielder Joc Pederson is also on the 10-day IL, while outfielder Michael Conforto is day-to-day with a minor injury. On the Tigers side, relief pitcher Zack Hess is day-to-day with an undisclosed injury, while starting pitcher Matt Manning is on the 15-day IL. Starting pitcher Beau Brieske is also on the 15-day IL, and outfielder Austin Meadows is on the 10-day IL. It's important to keep an eye on these injuries, as they could impact the performance of both teams. 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Roberto Perez San Francisco Giants C 60-day IL
Bryce Johnson San Francisco Giants CF 7-day IL
Austin Slater San Francisco Giants CF 10-day IL
Joc Pederson San Francisco Giants</

 

Prediction

After analyzing the stats and matchups, our team of MLB experts and computer MLB picks have come up with these predictions for today's games. While the San Francisco Giants may have a slightly better overall record, the Tigers have been playing solid baseball lately and have the advantage of playing at home. With Matthew Boyd on the mound, we predict the Tigers will come out on top in a low-scoring game. Remember, these are just predictions and anything can happen in baseball. Use our picks as a guide and make your own educated selections based on the available information. 

 

Pick: Detroit Tigers +1.5

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $81,740
last 30 days winnings $2,170
Yesterday winnings $1,600
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 643 - 422 - 12
Winnings % 59%
Winnings $83,830
last 30 days winnings ($260)
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1299 - 1121 - 96
Winnings % 51%