Royals vs Athletics Prediction MLB Picks Today 5/5

Royals vs Athletics Prediction MLB Picks Today 5/5

© Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports

 

Athletics vs Royals (May 5, 2023) Pregame: MLB Picks Experts, Predictions, and Odds

The Oakland Athletics will take on the Kansas City Royals on May 5, 2023, at 8:10 PM in Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. Both teams will be looking to secure a victory after their last few games. MLB picks experts have been predicting this game using computer MLB picks and predictions. The MLB today experts have been analyzing both teams' performances and strengths to determine the best MLB picks and parlay. MLB experts picks today are based on various factors, including recent performances, stats, and injuries. As both teams prepare for this game, the best MLB bets today will be determined by the MLB picks with a spread. MLB predictions today will play a crucial role in the outcome of the game. Fans and bettors can check out the MLB picks odds for this game to get an idea of which team is favored to win. So, which team will come out on top in this Athletics vs Royals matchup? Stay tuned for our full-length prediction article to get a comprehensive analysis of this game.

 

Athletics: Pitching Analysis

When it comes to MLB picks, experts often rely on both computer analysis and their own predictions. Today, experts are looking at the Oakland Athletics as they prepare to face off against the Kansas City Royals on May 5, 2023. In terms of pitching, the Athletics will be sending Kyle Muller to the mound. Muller is currently 0-2 with a 6.28 ERA and a 1.92 WHIP. He has pitched a total of 20.1 innings with 15 strikeouts and 12 walks. Muller's last start was on May 1, 2023, against the Seattle Mariners, where he allowed five hits, three earned runs, and two home runs across four innings. On the other side of the field, the Royals will be starting Brad Keller. Keller has a record of 2-2 with a 3.56 ERA and a 1.58 WHIP. He has pitched a total of 30.1 innings with 24 strikeouts and 12 walks. Keller's last start was on April 30, 2023, against the Baltimore Orioles, where he allowed three hits, two earned runs, and one home run across four innings. When it comes to making MLB picks and parlay bets, experts will be watching closely to see how these two pitchers perform. Additionally, with leading hitters like Brent Rooker and Vinne Pasquantino on the Royals, and Esteury Ruiz and Rooker on the Athletics, the game promises to be an exciting one for fans of both teams. Overall, it's difficult to make exact MLB predictions for this matchup, but both teams will be looking to bring their A-game to the field and secure a win in what promises to be an intense game. MLB Picks Experts and Computers Predictions for Athletics vs Royals (May 5, 2023) When it comes to making predictions for the Athletics vs Royals game on May 5, 2023, there are many experts and computer-generated predictions to consider. Some of the best MLB picks today are based on a combination of statistical analysis and the expertise of seasoned baseball analysts. These MLB picks and parlays take into account numerous factors, including team performance, player trends, injuries, and weather conditions. According to the Matchup Predictor, the Royals are currently favored to win the game with a 62.1% chance of victory over the Athletics' 37.9%. Additionally, the current betting odds for the game have the Royals as the -155 moneyline favorite while the Athletics are the +130 underdogs. However, it is important to note that past performance does not always indicate future outcomes. The Athletics could easily come away with a win thanks to standout players like Brent Rooker and Kyle Muller. Rooker leads the team in home runs and RBIs, while Muller has a solid 2-2 record with a 2.81 ERA. On the other hand, the Royals have their own star players, such as Vinnie Pasquantino, who has six home runs and a .292 average. Additionally, pitcher Brad Keller has a 2-2 record with a 3.56 ERA and could easily shut down the Athletics' offense. Ultimately, the Athletics vs Royals game on May 5, 2023 could go either way. The best MLB picks with spread and against the spread will depend on many factors, including player performance leading up to the game, current team stats, and any last-minute changes or adjustments. Only time will tell which team will come out on top.

 

Royals: Pitching Analysis

The Athletics are set to face the Royals in what promises to be an exciting matchup on May 5, 2023. As always, MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer, and MLB picks emp predictions are buzzing with excitement and anticipation. MLB today experts have carefully analyzed the stats and strategies of both teams and come up with their mlb picks and parlay predictions. The MLB experts' picks today are heavily leaning towards the Kansas City Royals, who have been showing exceptional form and consistency in recent games. According to their analysis, the best MLB bets today are the Royals to win with the spread. The probable pitchers for the game are Kyle Muller for the Oakland Athletics and Brad Keller for the Kansas City Royals. Muller has a record of 0-2 with an ERA of 6.28, a WHIP of 1.92, and has given up 24 hits, 20 runs, and 15 walks while striking out 15 batters in 28.2 innings pitched. Keller, on the other hand, has a record of 2-2 with an ERA of 3.56, a WHIP of 1.58, and has given up 30 hits, 12 runs, and 24 walks while striking out 41 batters in 30.1 innings pitched. Based on their stats, it is evident that Keller has the upper hand, and the MLB picks today heavily favor him leading the Royals to victory. In conclusion, the MLB picks and parlays predict a win for the Kansas City Royals against the Oakland Athletics in what promises to be an exciting and closely contested matchup.

Royals: Hitting Analysis

As the Oakland Athletics face off against the Kansas City Royals on May 5, 2023, MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer predict that the Royals will dominate the game with a 62.1% chance of winning compared to the Athletics' 37.9% chance. Furthermore, MLB picks em predictions and MLB today experts' MLB picks predict that the Royals will beat the Athletics with a 8-23 record with a 2-13 home record. MLB expert picks today also suggest that the best MLB bets today would be to parlay the Royals' money line of -155 with the over/under of 9. MLB picks with spread, MLB predictions today, and MLB picks for today all agree that the Royals will also win against the Athletics. The Athletics' pitching lineup features Kyle Muller, who has a record of 0-2, an ERA of 6.28, and a WHIP of 1.92. On the other hand, the Royals' Brad Keller has a record of 2-2, an ERA of 3.56, and a WHIP of 1.58. Given these numbers, MLB picks and parlays suggest that the Royals have the upper hand in the pitching matchup. In terms of batting leaders, Brent Rooker of the Athletics has 9 home runs and a .320 batting average, while Vinnie Pasquantino of the Royals has 6 home runs and a .292 batting average. However, MLB picks and experts predict that the Royals will outscore the Athletics based on their overall hitting performance. In conclusion, based on MLB picks and predictions, the Royals are expected to win against the Athletics on May 5, 2023. The best MLB bets today are to parlay the Royals' money line with the over/under. However, as with any game, surprises can happen, so it's always best to tune in to the game and see how it unfolds.

 

Injury Report

As with any sport, injuries can play a significant role in determining the outcome of a game. In the matchup between the Oakland Athletics and Kansas City Royals on May 5, 2023, there are several key players who are dealing with injuries. For the Athletics, third baseman Aledmys Diaz and relief pitcher Adrian Martinez are both on the 10-day injured list as of May 2. Catcher Manny Pina and relief pitcher Trevor May are also dealing with injuries and currently on the 15-day injured list. On the Royals' side, third baseman Nicky Lopez and right fielder Drew Waters are both on the 10-day injured list as of May 2. Starting pitcher Daniel Lynch is also dealing with an injury and on the 15-day injured list. Kris Bubic, a starting pitcher, is on the 60-day injured list. 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Aledmys Diaz Oakland Athletics 3B 10-day IL (May 2)
Adrian Martinez Oakland Athletics RP 15-day IL (May 2)
Manny Pina Oakland Athletics C 10-day IL (May 4)
Trevor May Oakland Athletics RP 15-day IL (May 4)
Nicky Lopez Kansas City Royals 3B 10-day IL (May 2)
Drew Waters Kansas City Royals RF 10-day IL (May 2)
Daniel Lynch Kansas City Royals SP 15-day IL (May 3)
Kris Bubic Kansas City Royals SP 60-day IL (May 3)

Prediction 

While the Royals have struggled this season, with a home record of 2-13, their pitching has been notably stronger than the Athletics'. With Brad Keller taking the mound, the Royals have a strong chance of keeping the Athletics' offense at bay. Additionally, the Royals have been stronger at the plate lately, and with Brent Rooker leading the way with 9 home runs, they have the potential to put up some runs against the Athletics' pitching staff. As always, it's important to keep in mind that upsets and surprises happen in baseball. However, based on current form and statistics, our experts believe that the Kansas City Royals are the best pick for this game. 

 

Pick: Royals ML

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $84,090
last 30 days winnings $0
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1285 - 1108 - 96
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $78,000
last 30 days winnings $0
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 607 - 394 - 11
Winnings % 59%