Red Sox vs Twins Prediction MLB Picks Free 4/20

Red Sox vs Twins Prediction MLB Picks Free 4/20

© Bob DeChiara-USA TODAY Sports

 

Twins vs Red Sox (Apr 20, 2023) Pregame: MLB Picks Experts, Predictions, and Analysis

This highly anticipated game between the Minnesota Twins and the Boston Red Sox is set to take place on April 20, 2023, at 1:35 PM in Fenway Park. As fans prepare for this exciting match, MLB picks experts and computer systems are buzzing with predictions and MLB picks. The Minnesota Twins are coming into this game with a stellar 10-7 record and a 6-5 away record. On the other hand, the Boston Red Sox are currently sitting at 9-9 with a 6-5 home record. The matchup predictor gives the Red Sox a 61.7% chance of winning the game, while the Twins have a 38.3% chance. To get a full understanding of this game and the most accurate predictions, it is crucial to look at experts' MLB picks, MLB picks and parlays, MLB expert picks, and best MLB bets today. We will also consider factors like MLB picks with spread, MLB predictions today, and MLB picks odds. Stay tuned for our full-length prediction article to discover more about the matchup, expected lineups, recent team statistics, and injury reports.

 

Twins: Pitching Analysis

As the Twins take on the Red Sox on April 20th, our experts have taken a deep dive into their pitching performance and have made some predictions using both expert analysis and computer-generated MLB picks. With Kenta Maeda taking the mound for the Twins and Tanner Houck starting for the Red Sox, fans can expect a thrilling matchup between two talented pitchers. According to MLB picks and predictions from experts, the Red Sox are currently favored to win with a 61.7% chance. However, the Twins are not to be underestimated, with a 38.3% chance to pull off an upset. When it comes to pitching performance, Kenta Maeda has a record of 0-2 with an ERA of 4.09 and WHIP of 1.00. He has recorded 11.0 IP, 12 Ks, and only 2 BBs. On the other hand, Tanner Houck has a record of 2-0 with an ERA of 4.50 and WHIP of 1.36. He has recorded 14.0 IP, 15 Ks, and 7 BBs. Looking at the numbers, Maeda has been solid on the mound with a low number of walks and a high number of strikeouts. However, he has yet to record a win. Houck, on the other hand, has a perfect record and has struck out more batters than Maeda. Still, his high number of walks could be cause for concern. Ultimately, the game could go either way and both pitchers will need to bring their A-game. 

Twins Hitting Analysis

When it comes to predicting the outcome of baseball games, a variety of methods are employed by experts and fans alike. Some rely on computer models to crunch the numbers, while others prefer to use their own intuition and experience to make their MLB picks. Here, we take a closer look at the Minnesota Twins and their hitting analysis in the upcoming game against the Boston Red Sox on April 20, 2023. According to MLB today experts, the Twins have a tough challenge ahead of them in Fenway Park. With an odds percentage of just 38.3%, the experts and computer models both predict the Red Sox will come out on top in this matchup. However, despite the odds, the Twins have shown they can hold their own on the road, with a 6-5 away record so far. Looking at the Twins' recent performance, their hitting stats have been less than impressive. Their batting average of .224 ranks them 26th in the league, and they have only hit one home run per game on average. Their offense also struggles with strikeouts, averaging almost 10 per game. On the other hand, the Red Sox have a strong offense, with a .241 batting average, 21 home runs, and 17 RBIs from Rafael Devers alone. This may prove challenging for the Twins’ pitchers, but their top performer, Kenta Maeda, boasts a 0.91 ERA and an impressive strikeout to walk ratio. While the odds may be against them, the Twins will likely rely on their pitching and look to improve their hitting stats to pull off a win against the Red Sox. As always, anything can happen in baseball, and the Twins may just surprise everyone with a clutch performance.

 

Red Sox: Pitching Analysis

For the game against the Minnesota Twins on April 20, 2023, the Boston Red Sox will be starting Tanner Houck on the mound. He will be facing off against Kenta Maeda of the Twins. MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer predictions have given the Red Sox a 61.7% chance of winning the game, with the Twins only having a 38.3% chance of winning. However, baseball can be unpredictable, and anything can happen on the field. Some MLB picks and parlays have predicted a win for the Red Sox, but others have suggested taking the Twins with the spread. The best MLB bets for today's game are still up for debate, and bettors should make their decisions based on their own research and analysis. Looking at the stats, Houck has a 2-0 record with a 4.50 ERA and a 1.36 WHIP. He has pitched 14 innings and struck out 15 batters while allowing 7 runs on 12 hits. On the other hand, Maeda has an 0-2 record with a 4.09 ERA and a 1.00 WHIP. He has pitched 22 innings and struck out 20 batters while allowing 11 runs on 16 hits. With these stats in mind, the Red Sox seem to have an advantage in the pitching department. But the Twins have several potent hitters in their lineup, such as Rafael Devers and Michael A. Taylor, who have a combined 10 home runs and 24 RBI so far this season. Overall, the game between the Red Sox and the Twins on April 20, 2023, is expected to be an exciting matchup. While the Red Sox have the edge in the pitching department, the Twins have a strong offense and could pull off an upset. It will be important to watch the game closely to see how it unfolds.

Red Sox: Hitting Analysis

As the Minnesota Twins get ready to take on the Boston Red Sox on April 20, 2023, experts and computer MLB picks alike are placing their bets on the home team. According to MLB picks and parlay predictions, the Red Sox are favored to win with a 61.7% probability of winning, while the Twins only have a 38.3% chance of coming out on top. MLB picks today experts are also predicting that the Red Sox will cover the spread at -1.5 and the over/under is set at 9. For those wanting to place their bets on the game, the moneyline consensus pick is for the Red Sox at -125. When looking at the batting statistics for both teams, the Red Sox seem to have the advantage. Rafael Devers leads the team with 7 home runs and a batting average of .286. Alex Verdugo also boasts a strong batting average of .348 and an on-base percentage of .416. On the Twins' side, Michael A. Taylor has hit 3 home runs and Donovan Solano has a batting average of .314. Injury reports for both teams show that the Twins have more players on the injured list, including Alex Kirilloff and Jorge Polanco. The Red Sox have Christian Arroyo listed as day-to-day and Zack Kelly on the 60-day injured list. Overall, the Red Sox seem to be the favorites for this game based on MLB picks with spread, MLB predictions for today, and experts' picks. However, anything can happen in baseball, so fans will have to tune in to see which team comes out on top.

 

Injury Report

Keeping up with player injuries is an important aspect for MLB picks experts and fans alike. Here's a rundown of the latest injury updates for both the Minnesota Twins and Boston Red Sox ahead of their match-up on April 20, 2023: For the Twins, pitcher Connor Prielipp is currently listed as day-to-day, while outfielder Alex Kirilloff is on the 10-day injured list. Second baseman Jorge Polanco was recently placed on the 10-day injured list and is expected to miss some time. As for the Red Sox, relief pitcher Chris Martin is currently on the 15-day injured list, while relief pitcher Wyatt Mills is on the 60-day injured list. Second baseman Yu Chang is away on paternity leave, and infielder Christian Arroyo is listed as day-to-day. Relief pitcher Zack Kelly is also on the 60-day injured list as he recovers from an injury. While injuries can certainly impact a team's performance, it's just one factor to consider when making MLB picks and predictions. With the expert analysis and information available through platforms like MLB picks and parlay, fans can stay up-to-date on all the latest updates and make informed decisions on their picks.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Connor Prielipp Minnesota Twins SP day-to-day
Alex Kirilloff Minnesota Twins LF 10-day IL
Jorge Polanco Minnesota Twins 2B 10-day IL
Chris Martin Boston Red Sox RP 15-day IL
Wyatt Mills Boston Red Sox RP 60-day IL
Yu Chang Boston Red Sox 2B Paternity
Christian Arroyo Boston Red Sox 2B day-to-day
Zack Kelly Boston Red Sox RP 60-day IL

 

Prediction

According to analytics, the Red Sox have a 61.7% chance of winning while the Twins have a 38.3% chance. However, our experts have a different pick for the game. After analyzing the statistics and recent performances of both teams, our pick for this game is the Minnesota Twins. While the Red Sox may be favored, the Twins have been performing well recently with a 10-7 overall record and a 6-5 record away. Their offense has been averaging 3.94 runs per game, while their defense has an impressive 2.61 ERA. Kenta Maeda will also be pitching for the Twins, who has a 0.09 ERA and has already recorded two wins this season. On the other hand, the Red Sox have a 9-9 record and a 6-5 record in their home games. While their offense has been averaging 4.21 runs per game, their defense has a 3.49 ERA. 

 

Pick: Twins ML

Winnings $82,420
last 30 days winnings $1,990
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 645 - 423 - 13
Winnings % 58%
Winnings $83,830
last 30 days winnings ($260)
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1299 - 1121 - 96
Winnings % 51%