Rays vs Royals Prediction MLB Picks Free 6/22

Rays vs Royals Prediction MLB Picks Free 6/22

© Orlando Ramirez-USA TODAY Sports

 

Preview

As the MLB season intensifies, the Kansas City Royals face off against the Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field on June 22. This article provides a comprehensive breakdown and prediction for this eagerly awaited game. Before you continue, don’t forget to check out the Kingpin.pro app available on iOS and Android for more in-depth mlb predictions, mlb picks for today, and mlb experts picks.

Introduction

The Kansas City Royals, struggling with a 20-54 record, are taking on the formidable Tampa Bay Rays, who have a 52-25 record. The Royals, with a mere 14.7% chance of winning according to ESPN Analytics, have a mountain to climb against the dominant Rays, who are overwhelming favorites at 85.3%.

Kansas City Royals

Pitching Analysis

The Royals’ starting pitcher for this game is Jose Cuas. With a 3-0 record, he holds a decent 4.15 ERA and a 1.45 WHIP over 30.1 innings pitched. Cuas has been giving up hits and walks which have been detrimental to the Royals, and he’ll need to tighten up his game against the hard-hitting Rays.

Hitting Analysis

The Royals' batting lineup has Salvador Perez as a standout player. He's hitting .271 and leading the team with 14 home runs and 37 RBIs. However, the Royals are batting a combined .232 and are not producing enough runs to support their pitching staff.

Injuries

The injury list for the Royals includes Michael Massey, Ryan Yarbrough, Diego Hernandez, Matt Beaty, and Vinnie Pasquantino. These injuries could affect the depth and options available for the Royals.

Tampa Bay Rays

Pitching Analysis

For the Rays, the left-handed pitcher Shane McClanahan is expected to start. McClanahan boasts an impressive 11-1 record with a stellar 2.12 ERA and a 1.10 WHIP over 89.1 innings. His control and ability to strikeout batters with 97 strikeouts so far will pose a significant challenge to the Royals’ hitters.

Hitting Analysis

The Rays’ batting lineup is led by Randy Arozarena, who is hitting an impressive .292 and also leading the team with 14 home runs, similar to Salvador Perez, but with 50 RBIs. Yandy Diaz is another key player, boasting a .303 batting average. The Rays have a combined batting average of .263 and have hit a whopping 117 home runs.

Injuries

The Rays’ injury list includes Brandon Lowe and Johan Lopez. However, the Rays have a deeper squad and should be able to manage without these players for this game.

Prediction

Considering the extensive review of both teams, the mlb experts picks point toward a Rays victory. The Rays have a clear advantage in both pitching and hitting. McClanahan’s form suggests that he will be able to handle the Royals’ lineup efficiently, while the Rays' potent batting lineup should capitalize on Cuas’s vulnerabilities. Furthermore, the Rays have a formidable home record of 32-8, which bolsters their position.

Taking all this into account, my prediction is not only that the Tampa Bay Rays will win but they will also cover the -1.5 run line. For more mlb picks free, don’t forget to check the Kingpin.pro app.

Pick: Rays -1.5

Winnings $97,650
last 30 days winnings $19,880
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1511 - 1298 - 105
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $93,615
last 30 days winnings $9,940
Yesterday winnings $870
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 782 - 523 - 14
Winnings % 58%