Rays vs Athletics Prediction MLB Picks Today 4/9

Rays vs Athletics Prediction MLB Picks Today 4/9

© Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

 

Game Preview: Oakland Athletics vs Tampa Bay Rays

The Oakland Athletics are set to take on the Tampa Bay Rays in what promises to be an exciting MLB matchup on April 9th, 2023. As the teams gear up for the game, experts are already predicting the outcome with MLBPicks experts providing their picks and MLB Picks computer models adding their thoughts. MLB Picks and Parlays, MLB Expert Picks and Best MLB Bets Today are all providing predictions for this game based on the teams' performances so far this season. As of now, TB is favored to win with a 76.3% chance of winning, while OAK has a 23.7% chance of winning. The game will take place at Tropicana Field at 1:10PM EST, with the weather in St. Petersburg, Florida expected to be 77 degrees. Fans and bettors alike will be watching eagerly to see how the probable pitchers for both teams, James Kaprielian for OAK and Drew Rasmussen for TB, perform. With both teams looking to make a statement early in the 2023 season, this game is sure to be a must-watch for any MLB fan. Stay tuned for our full-length prediction article on this thrilling matchup.

 

Athletics: Pitching Analysis

When it comes to MLB picks, experts and computer algorithms alike are considering the pitching matchup between the Oakland Athletics and Tampa Bay Rays on April 9th, 2023. As of right now, the computer MLB picks and predictions have the Rays as a heavy favorite with a 76.3% chance of winning. Looking at the starting pitchers for each team, James Kaprielian will take the mound for the Athletics while Drew Rasmussen will start for the Rays. Kaprielian has a record of 0-0 and an ERA of 9.00 with 21 strikeouts, while Rasmussen is 1-0 with a 0.00 ERA and 27 strikeouts. Although the computer MLB picks and expert predictions heavily favor the Rays, there are still potential opportunities for MLB picks and parlays for the Athletics. Betting on the underdog with the spread or even taking the Athletics moneyline could be worth considering. Ultimately, only time will tell which team comes out on top in this pitching matchup. It will be interesting to see if the computer MLB picks and expert predictions are accurate or if the Athletics can pull off an upset. Athletics: Hitting Analysis When the Oakland A's take on the Tampa Bay Rays on April 9, 2023, experts predict that the home team will come out on top with a 76.3% chance of winning, according to MLB computer picks and predictions. The Rays have been off to a strong start this season, with a perfect 7-0 record, compared to the A's 2-5 record. In terms of hitting, the Rays have a clear advantage over the Athletics. The Rays offense ranks first in the league with an impressive 7.57 runs per game and 19.14 total bases per game, while the A's rank 22nd with 3.86 runs per game and 12.57 total bases per game. The Rays have also hit 2.57 home runs per game, compared to the A's 1.14 home runs per game. The A's will need to improve their offensive performance if they hope to compete with the Rays. Oakland's top hitter so far this season has been Ramon Laureano, with two home runs and a .269 batting average. Jesus Aguilar leads the A's with a .273 batting average and .333 on-base percentage. However, the team has struggled with situational hitting and ranks near the bottom of the league

 

Rays: Pitching Analysis

The Tampa Bay Rays are regarded as one of the strongest pitching teams in Major League Baseball. They have consistently featured in the top half of the league in terms of earned run average (ERA) over the past few years. MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer predictions have often favored the Rays in games where they have a pitching advantage. MLB today experts also consider the Rays’ pitching as one of the best in the league. Looking at their current roster, the Rays have some impressive arms. Their starting rotation is led by Drew Rasmussen, who has started the season strongly with a 1-0 record and a 0.00 ERA. Moving through the rotation, Shane McClanahan and Josh Fleming have also put in solid performances. The Rays’ bullpen is also deep, featuring players such as Pete Fairbanks and Jalen Beeks. MLB picks and parlay predictions often consider the Rays as a good team to bet on in games where they have a pitching advantage. Their pitchers’ ability to keep the opposition to a low score has been a key factor in the Rays’ success over the past few years. While their pitching is strong, the Rays’ offense has improved significantly in recent times too, making them a strong all-around team. 

Rays: Hitting Analysis

The Tampa Bay Rays have made a statement in the early part of the 2023 MLB season with a perfect 7-0 record. Behind their success, the Rays offense has been explosive, ranking first in runs/game (7.57) and total bases/game (19.14). The team's slugging percentage of 0.570 is also tops in the league. Their batting average of .285 ranks fourth, with Wander Franco leading the team with a robust .379 average. The rookie shortstop has also slugged .793 and recorded a .438 on-base percentage. Luke Raley has been the team's most productive run producer, leading the team with six RBIs while hitting .308 with three home runs. Jose Siri has also been a key contributor with eight RBIs and a .318 average. The Rays have shown great discipline at the plate, drawing 3.57 walks/game while striking out just 7.14 times per game. They have also been successful on the basepaths, stealing bases at a 71.4% success rate. Overall, Tampa Bay's hitting has been potent and consistent, with a well-rounded offensive attack that has contributed greatly to their undefeated start to the season. As the campaign progresses, the Rays will look to continue their strong hitting performances and make a

 

Injury Report

As with any sports league, injuries are an unfortunate part of the game. The MLB has already seen its fair share of injuries this season, with some notable players being placed on the IL. The Athletics' Zack Gelof is listed as day-to-day after suffering an undisclosed injury on April 4th. Drew Rucinski and Paul Blackburn have both been placed on the 15-day IL. Meanwhile, the Rays' Jose Siri has been placed on the 10-day IL with a right hamstring strain, while Johan Lopez is out on suspension. These injuries are sure to have an impact on the upcoming games, and MLB picks experts will need to take them into consideration when making MLB picks, computer MLB picks, or MLB picks and parlays. Despite these setbacks, MLB pick experts still believe that the Rays have the edge over the Athletics in their upcoming game on April 9th. With a win percentage of 1.000 and a strong defense, the Rays are favored to come out on top. However, as with any game, anything can happen, and MLB picks today experts will be closely watching the game to see if there are any surprises. 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Zack Gelof Oakland Athletics SS day-to-day
Drew Rucinski Oakland Athletics RP 15-day IL
Paul Blackburn Oakland Athletics SP 15-day IL
Colby White Tampa Bay Rays RP day-to-day
Jose Siri Tampa Bay Rays CF  

 

Prediction

As we come to the end of our MLB predictions article for April 9, 2023, we hope that our insights and analysis have helped you make informed decisions on your wagers. Our team of experts and computer models have done the best research possible to provide you with the best MLB picks for today. Our pick for the game between the Oakland Athletics and the Tampa Bay Rays is the Rays. While the Athletics have struggled this season, the Rays have been on fire with a perfect 7-0 record. This, along with their fantastic offensive and defensive stats, makes them the clear favorites to win this game. 

 

Pick: Rays ML

Winnings $80,704
last 30 days winnings $7,720
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 243 - 148 - 5
Winnings % 61%
Winnings $71,767
last 30 days winnings $13,090
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 251 - 8
Winnings % 59%