Pirates vs Rangers Prediction MLB Picks Today 5/23

Pirates vs Rangers Prediction MLB Picks Today 5/23

© Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports

 

Game Preview: Texas Rangers vs Pittsburgh Pirates (May 23, 2023)

The Texas Rangers and the Pittsburgh Pirates are set to face off on May 23, 2023, at PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Both teams have had a strong start to their season and are looking to continue their success in this matchup. According to MLB picks experts, the Rangers have the edge in this game, with a 60.0% chance of winning compared to the Pirates' 40.0%. MLB picks and parlays, as well as expert picks today, also favor the Rangers for this game. The Rangers currently have a season record of 29-17 and have been performing well both at home and away. Their batting leaders include Adolis Garcia with 14 home runs and 49 RBIs, while their pitching leaders are Nathan Eovaldi with a 5-2 record and an ERA of 2.83. On the other hand, the Pirates have a current season record of 24-22, with Andrew McCutchen leading them in home runs with 7 and Bryan Reynolds leading in batting average with .282. MLB picks with spread indicate a likely close game, and MLB picks for today suggest that this will be one of the best MLB bets today. MLB picks and parlays, as well as MLB picks odds, are sure to be closely watched by bettors and MLB fans alike. Don't miss this exciting matchup between the Texas Rangers and Pittsburgh Pirates on May 23, 2023, as both teams battle it out for the win at PNC Park.

 

Pitching Analysis: 

As the Rangers take on the Pirates in Pittsburgh, the pitching matchup favors Texas with Nathan Eovaldi taking the mound against Rich Hill. Eovaldi has been a reliable starter for the Rangers, boasting a 5-2 record with a 2.83 ERA and a 0.99 WHIP. Hill, on the other hand, has struggled this season with a 4-3 record, a 3.80 ERA, and a 1.35 WHIP. MLB experts are predicting that Eovaldi will have a strong outing, which makes him one of the best MLB bets today. His ability to keep runners off the bases and control the strike zone will be key to shutting down the Pirates’ lineup. Additionally, MLB picks with spread favor the Rangers as they have been one of the hottest teams in the league recently, winning their last three games, while the Pirates have lost their last two. The odds also favor the Rangers with a 60.0% chance of winning according to analytics. Overall, the pitching matchup and recent team performance suggest that the Rangers are the better bet for this game. With Adolis Garcia leading the offense and Eovaldi dominating on the mound, the Rangers have a strong chance of coming out on top in today’s matchup.

Hitting Analysis:

As the Texas Rangers prepare to face off against the Pittsburgh Pirates on May 23, 2023, experts are weighing in on their hitting abilities. According to MLB picks and parlays, the Rangers are the favorites to win with a 60.0% chance, while the Pirates are ranked at 40.0%. MLB experts picks today also suggest that the Rangers will come out on top. Looking at their hitting stats, the Rangers have been performing well this season. They have a .272 batting average, ranking them second in the league, while the Pirates are lagging behind with a .243 average. Adolis Garcia is the leader in home runs and runs batted in for the Rangers, with 14 home runs and 49 RBI to his name. Bryan Reynolds is the top performer for the Pirates, with a .282 average and 27 RBI. MLB picks with spread favor the Rangers and suggest that they will win by at least 1.5 runs. This is understandable, given their strong hitting capabilities. The Rangers have been averaging 6.31 runs per game, the highest in the league, while the Pirates have been scoring an average of 4.13 runs per game. MLB picks for today also take into account the pitching abilities of both teams. The Rangers will be sending Nathan Eovaldi to the mound, who has a 5-2 record with a 2.83 ERA this season. Rich Hill will be the starting pitcher for the Pirates, with a 4-3 record and a 3.80 ERA. The Pirates will need Hill to bring his A game if they hope to keep up with the Rangers' hitting prowess. Overall, experts agree that the Rangers have the upper hand in this matchup. Their hitting has been exceptional this season, and with an experienced pitcher like Eovaldi on the mound, they are expected to come out on top. If the Pirates hope to stand a chance, they will need to step up their game and match the Rangers' hitting abilities.

 

Injury Report

As the Texas Rangers and Pittsburgh Pirates gear up for their matchup on May 23, 2023, both teams will have to navigate through some injuries. The Rangers will be without the services of pitcher Jacob deGrom, who is currently on the 15-day IL as of May 21. In addition, relief pitcher Kyle Funkhouser is listed as day-to-day. Meanwhile, the Pirates have two players on the injury report. Relief pitcher Duane Underwood Jr. is day-to-day, while starting pitcher Vince Velasquez is currently on the 15-day IL as of May 21. These injuries could have an impact on the outcome of the game, as both teams will have to rely on their depth to fill in the gaps. It will be interesting to see how the managers adjust their strategies to compensate for the missing players. 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Jacob deGrom Texas Rangers SP 15-day IL
Kyle Funkhouser Texas Rangers RP day-to-day
Duane Underwood Jr. Pittsburgh Pirates RP day-to-day
Vince Velasquez Pittsburgh Pirates SP 15-day IL

 

Prediction

After analyzing the stats and recent performance of both teams, our MLB experts have decided that the best MLB pick for this game is the Pittsburgh Pirates with a +1.5 spread. While the Texas Rangers have had an impressive season so far, the Pirates have shown significant improvement in recent games and are playing at home, which could give them an extra advantage. That being said, this game could go either way, so we recommend taking this pick as part of an MLB parlay with other games to increase your chances of winning. For those looking for the best MLB bets today, our experts also suggest betting on the under for the total runs scored in this game, as both teams have solid pitching staff and may struggle to score runs against each other. Overall, we expect this to be a close and exciting game between two talented teams, with the Pittsburgh Pirates ultimately coming out on top.

 

Pick: Pirates +1.5

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $97,650
last 30 days winnings $19,880
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1511 - 1298 - 105
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $93,615
last 30 days winnings $9,940
Yesterday winnings $870
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 782 - 523 - 14
Winnings % 58%