Pirates vs Dodgers Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/25

Pirates vs Dodgers Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/25

© Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

 

Game Preview: Dodgers vs Pirates (Apr 25, 2023) Pregame

The Los Angeles Dodgers will travel to Pittsburgh to take on the Pirates on April 25, 2023, in what promises to be an exciting matchup. MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer, and MLB picks emp predictions are already flooding in as fans and analysts alike try to predict the outcome of this game. The Dodgers come into the game with a record of 12-11 and are 6-5 away from home, while the Pirates currently boast a record of 16-7 and are 7-3 at home. MLB today experts, MLB picks, and parlay picks are all predicting a close game, with the Pittsburgh Pirates currently holding a slight edge according to odds makers. For baseball fans who like to bet on games, the best MLB bets today will likely be focused on picking the winner of this exciting matchup. MLB picks with spread and MLB predictions today will be key tools for sports bettors looking to make informed wagers. In terms of pitching, the probable starters for this game are Noah Syndergaard for the Dodgers, and Johan Oviedo for the Pirates. Both players will be critical to their team's success and MLB picks and parlays will be keeping a close eye on their performance. To get the best possible MLB picks and analysis, subscribers will want to check out Pick Center, which offers in-depth analysis and predictions from industry experts. Overall, this Dodgers vs Pirates matchup promises to be one of the most closely-watched games of the season, and fans can expect an exciting, high-scoring battle between two talented teams.

 

Dodgers: Pitching Analysis

The Los Angeles Dodgers have always been known for their strong pitching staff, and the 2023 season is no exception. Led by Noah Syndergaard, the Dodgers' pitching rotation is poised to dominate opponents this year. According to MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer models, the Dodgers are favored in their upcoming game against the Pittsburgh Pirates. The matchup predictor gives the Dodgers a 47.9% chance of winning, while Facebook and Twitter pick centers show overwhelming support for the Dodgers. In terms of run line performance, the Dodgers have been performing well with an overall record of 12-11, including a 6-5 record on the road. They have also been successful as favorites, with a record of 10-11. The Dodgers' probable pitcher for the game, Syndergaard, has a strong record of 0-3 and an ERA of 4.91. His WHIP is 1.23 and he has recorded 21 strikeouts in 23 innings pitched. On the other side, Pittsburgh's probable pitcher Johan Oviedo has a record of 2-1 with an ERA of 2.22 and a WHIP of 1.15. Overall, the Dodgers' pitching staff is expected to give them an edge in this game and throughout the season. As MLB experts and computer models predict, the Dodgers are a strong team with a promising future ahead.

Dodgers: Hitting Analysis

The Los Angeles Dodgers are one of the most formidable hitting teams in the MLB today. With an offense that ranks fifth in runs per game and second in slugging percentage, the team has the ability to score runs in bunches. Computer models and MLB picks experts have taken notice of the Dodgers' potent offense, often predicting the team to come out on top in games where they are favored. However, there have been times where the team has struggled to get the job done, resulting in some unpredictable outcomes. Despite these hiccups, the Dodgers remain a favorite among MLB picks and parlay enthusiasts. With key players such as Max Muncy and James Outman leading the way with impressive stats, the team is expected to continue putting up big numbers as the season progresses. But hitting is only one part of the game, and the Dodgers will need their pitching staff to step up as well. With a solid rotation led by Noah Syndergaard and a bullpen featuring Brusdar Graterol and Victor Gonzalez, the team has the potential to shut down opposing offenses. Ultimately, the Dodgers' success will depend on their ability to consistently perform across all areas of the game. While MLB picks and predictions may favor them in many matchups, the team will need to avoid complacency to maintain their spot as one of the top teams in the league.

 

Pirates Pitching Analysis: 

As the Los Angeles Dodgers prepare to take on the Pittsburgh Pirates on April 25, 2023, pitching is expected to play a crucial role in determining the outcome of the game. Both teams are expected to start their top pitchers, with Noah Syndergaard taking the mound for the Dodgers and Johan Oviedo pitching for the Pirates. MLB experts and computer predictions favor the Pirates in this matchup, with a 52.1% chance of winning compared to the Dodgers' 47.9%. The experts also predict a relatively low-scoring game, with an over/under of 8. In terms of individual pitching statistics, Syndergaard has a slightly better record than Oviedo, with a 0-3 record and a 4.91 ERA compared to Oviedo's 2-1 record and 2.22 ERA. However, both pitchers have shown strong performances in their recent games. Overall, it's clear that pitching will be a key factor in this game, and both teams will need their starters to perform at their best if they hope to come out with a win. MLB picks and predictions suggest that the Pirates have the edge in this matchup, but anything can happen on game day.

Pirates Hitting Analysis:

MLB Picks Experts and Computer Predictions As the Los Angeles Dodgers and Pittsburgh Pirates face off on April 25, 2023, MLB Picks Experts and Computer Predictions favor the home team. The Pirates have a 52.1% probability of winning, while the Dodgers have a 47.9% chance of winning, according to analytics. When it comes to today's experts MLB picks, the consensus pick is the Pirates. They have the advantage with a home record of 16-7 and an overall record of 16-7, compared to the Dodgers' away record of 12-11 and an overall record of 12-11. The run line for the game is -1.5+1.5, with the money line at -140 for the Dodgers and +118 for the Pirates. The over/under is 8. For the best MLB bets today, MLB Picks and Parlay suggests taking the Pirates with the spread. Their offense has been impressive this season, with Bryan Reynolds leading the team with a .294 batting average and 18 RBIs. The Dodgers will rely on Max Muncy, who has hit 11 home runs and has 21 RBIs this season. In terms of pitching, the probable pitchers for the game are Noah Syndergaard for the Dodgers, who has a 0-3 record with a 4.91 ERA, and Johan Oviedo for the Pirates, who has a 2-1 record with a 2.22 ERA. Overall, the Pirates have the odds in their favor with the combination of their hitting and pitching. MLB Picks Experts and Computer Predictions suggest taking the Pirates as the best MLB picks for today.

 

Injury Report:

As the Los Angeles Dodgers take on the Pittsburgh Pirates on April 25, 2023, both teams have players who are dealing with injuries. For the Dodgers, third baseman Kody Hoese is listed as day-to-day, while Hyun-il Choi is out. Max Muncy is listed on paternity leave and is expected to return on April 24. On the other hand, the Pirates have several players dealing with injuries, including Endy Rodriguez, Bryan Reynolds, Ji-Man Choi, Abrahan Gutierrez, and Jared Jones. As the game approaches, both teams will be looking to field their healthiest lineups to secure the win. For fans looking to make mlb picks, it's important to keep an eye on any last-minute changes due to the injury report.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Kody Hoese Los Angeles Dodgers 3B Day-to-day
Hyun-il Choi Los Angeles Dodgers SP Out
Max Muncy Los Angeles Dodgers 3B Paternity
Endy Rodriguez Pittsburgh Pirates C Day-to-day
Bryan Reynolds Pittsburgh Pirates LF Bereavement
Ji-Man Choi Pittsburgh Pirates 1B 60-day IL
Abrahan Gutierrez Pittsburgh Pirates C Day-to-day
Jared Jones Pittsburgh Pirates SP Day-to-day

 

Prediction

Firstly, the Pittsburgh Pirates are on a roll, having won seven games in a row. Their recent success suggests that they have been playing well as a team and have the momentum heading into this game. In contrast, the Dodgers have been inconsistent, having a .500 record and being 2-3 in their last five games.

Secondly, the starting pitcher matchup seems to favor the Pittsburgh Pirates. Johan Oviedo, who will be starting for the Pirates, has a better ERA (2.22) and WHIP (1.15) than Noah Syndergaard, the starting pitcher for the Dodgers. Syndergaard has an ERA of 4.91 and a WHIP of 1.23. Oviedo's better pitching stats suggest that he could be more effective at limiting runs and baserunners, which could give the Pirates an advantage.

Thirdly, the Dodgers are currently the underdogs according to the betting odds, with a -140 money line compared to the Pirates' +118 money line. This indicates that the Pirates are favored to win and could reflect the recent form of both teams.

 

Pick: Pirates ML +118

 

 

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $78,560
last 30 days winnings $43,190
Yesterday winnings $1,760
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1121 - 960 - 73
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $38,990
last 30 days winnings $26,760
Yesterday winnings ($2,840)
Top Sport NBA
W-L-D 242 - 176 - 9
Winnings % 56%