Pirates vs Braves Prediction MLB Picks for Today 8/9

Pirates vs Braves Prediction MLB Picks for Today 8/9

© Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports

 

MLB Game Preview: Atlanta Braves vs Pittsburgh Pirates

As the series stands tied at 1-1, PNC Park awaits an exhilarating face-off between the National League East leaders, Atlanta Braves, and the Pittsburgh Pirates. With both teams looking to gain momentum, the upcoming encounter holds significant weightage in the series.

 

The Contenders

The Atlanta Braves, boasting an impressive 71-40 record and 34-20 away, come into this game with confidence. Conversely, the Pirates, with a 51-62 overall record and 27-29 at home, have displayed resilience but face a daunting task against the formidable Braves.

 

Atlanta Braves: The Formidable Force

Batting Prowess

Matt Olson stands out for the Braves with a commanding 39 homers, .267 average, and 100 RBIs. Ronald Acuna Jr.'s staggering .339 batting average further showcases the Braves' offensive might. Their batting lineup, renowned for building partnerships, is crucial for dictating the game's pace.

Pitching Excellence

Max Fried has been a revelation this season. Owning a 3-1 record with an exceptional 1.69 ERA over 32.0 innings, Fried's form provides the Braves a significant edge over the Pirates' batting lineup.

Recent Performances and Injury News

Although the Braves' recent form reflects some inconsistency, their dominant win against the Pirates in the last game (8-6) instills confidence. With Ronald Acuna Jr. listed as day-to-day and Sam Hilliard on the 10-Day IL, the Braves might have some strategizing to do.

 

Pittsburgh Pirates: The Underdogs

Batting Spotlight

Jack Suwinski and Bryan Reynolds are the key players for the Pirates. Suwinski has managed 21 homers and a .213 average, while Reynolds boasts a .267 average. They will be pivotal for the Pirates' run chase against the Braves.

Pitching Concerns

Quinn Priester's recent numbers reflect a challenging phase. With a 2-1 record but a high 8.69 ERA over 19.2 innings, Priester will need to be at his absolute best to contain the Braves' batters.

Team Update

The Pirates will miss the services of Anthony Solometo, who is currently out. They will have to dig deep and put up a collective performance to counter the Braves' supremacy.

 

Prediction

Several indicators point towards a likely Braves triumph:

  • Pitching Supremacy: Max Fried's remarkable form and statistics present a significant advantage for the Braves. This dominance could lead to the Braves winning by more than just a run, covering the -1.5 run line.
  • Offensive Might: With the likes of Olson and Acuna Jr., the Braves have the firepower to rack up runs and exploit Priester's recent vulnerabilities.
  • ESPN Analytics: According to ESPN, the Braves have a staggering 77.2% win probability over the Pirates' 22.8%, further solidifying their favored status.
  • Run Line Performance: The Braves' recent performances and the Pirates' inconsistencies suggest that the Braves could win with a margin greater than one run, making the -1.5 run line a probable outcome.

Although the Pirates enjoy home advantage and have shown moments of brilliance, the Braves' overall form, team balance, and statistical superiority make them the favorites not only to win but also to cover the -1.5 run line. As always, despite the predictions and statistics, the beauty of baseball lies in its unpredictability, promising an engaging game for the fans.

Note: While predictions are based on statistics and form, sports outcomes contain elements of uncertainty. Embrace the excitement of the game and the spirit of competition.

 

Pick: Braves -1.5

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $83,830
last 30 days winnings ($260)
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1299 - 1121 - 96
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $77,680
last 30 days winnings ($320)
Yesterday winnings $770
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 636 - 420 - 12
Winnings % 58%