Phillies vs Rockies Prediction MLB Picks Experts 4/20

Phillies vs Rockies Prediction MLB Picks Experts 4/20

© Matt Marton-USA TODAY Sports

 

MLB Picks Experts Predictions: Rockies vs Phillies (Apr 20, 2023) Pregame

The Colorado Rockies will face off against the Philadelphia Phillies on April 20, 2023, in what promises to be an exciting game. Prior to the game, MLB picks experts will be making predictions of the outcome based on their expertise, and computer MLB picks algorithms will also be employed to determine the likely winner. As the Phillies sit with an 8-11 record, 3-3 at home and the Rockies with a 5-14 record, 2-7 away, the matchup predictor is giving the Phillies a 72.3% chance of winning the game, while the Rockies only have a 27.7% chance. However, MLB picks and parlays experts and computer algorithms can be unpredictable, and anything can happen on the field. 

 

Rockies: Pitching Analysis

As the Colorado Rockies take on the Philadelphia Phillies on April 20th, 2023, experts are analyzing the pitching performance of the Rockies so far this season. With a record of 5-14, the team has struggled on the mound with an earned run average of 5.23, ranking them 25th in the league. Their WHIP of 1.497 and strikeouts per game of 9.07 also leave much to be desired. In their matchup against the Phillies, the Rockies are sending Ryan Feltner, who has a record of 0-2 and an ERA of 8.78. Matt Strahm will take the mound for the Phillies with a record of 1-1 and an ERA of 2.13. The pitching matchup heavily favors the Phillies, as predicted by computer models and MLBPicks experts, as they have a 72.3% win probability. Despite the odds against them, the Rockies will need to improve their performance on the mound if they hope to turn their season around. The team will need to rely on their bullpen and defensive strategies to keep the Phillies from scoring runs and secure a much-needed win. Only time will tell if the Rockies can overcome their pitching struggles and make a comeback this season.

Rockies: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to predicting the Colorado Rockies' hitting performance, MLB picks experts use a combination of computer models and expert predictions. Looking at the team's recent record, it's clear that they've been struggling at the plate. With a 5-14 record and a .257 batting average ranking them 28th in the league, the Rockies will need a turnaround to compete. Despite these struggles, some MLB picks and parlay experts still see potential for the Rockies' offense. First baseman C.J. Cron leads the team with four home runs and has shown flashes of power. Catcher Elias Diaz also boasts an impressive .345 batting average and 10 RBIs. In terms of betting, some MLB expert picks today suggest looking at the Rockies' run line performance. As underdogs in most matchups, the team has a 4-9 record but has covered the spread in 5 of their 9 losses. Bettors may want to consider taking the Rockies at +1.5 in games where they're not favored to win. 

 

Phillies: Pitching Analysis

As the Phillies prepare to take on the Rockies on April 20, 2023, experts and computer MLB picks are favoring the Phillies with a 72.3% chance of winning the game. The MLB picks and predictions also suggest that the Phillies will win by a large margin of 27.7%. Looking at the probable pitchers, the Rockies' Ryan Feltner has struggled with a 0-2 record and an ERA of 8.78. On the other hand, the Phillies' Matt Strahm has been impressive with a 1-1 record and an ERA of 2.13. This makes Strahm a solid pick for MLB expert picks today. In terms of betting, the best MLB bets today are likely to be with the Phillies. The oddsmakers have placed the Phillies as -210 favorites, and the run line is expected to be +1.5/-1.5. The Phillies' strong performance at home this season also gives them an advantage. Overall, based on the MLB picks with spread and MLB picks and parlays, the Phillies appear to be the stronger team heading into the game. However, as with any game, anything can happen on the field. It will be interesting to see how the game plays out and if the predictors are accurate in their MLB picks for today.

Phillies: Hitting Analysis

As the Phillies gear up to face the Rockies on April 20, 2023, experts are weighing in on their hitting performance thus far this season. According to MLB picks by experts and computer, the Phillies are currently 8-11 with a .286 batting average and 16 home runs. MLB picks and emp predictions suggest that their hitting has been inconsistent, but they have the potential to improve as the season progresses. MLB today experts picks and parlay options have also highlighted some standout Phillies players to watch, including C.J. Cron and Kyle Schwarber, who have hit four home runs each so far this season. Best MLB bets today and MLB picks with spread suggest that the Phillies have a good chance of improving their overall hitting performance in the upcoming game against the Rockies. MLB picks for today also note the odds for the upcoming game, with the Phillies favored at -210 and the over/under set at 9. MLB picks and parlays suggest that the Phillies' hitting performance will play a critical role in the outcome of the game. 

 

Injury Report

Both the Colorado Rockies and the Philadelphia Phillies have players listed on their injury reports heading into their matchup on April 20, 2023. For the Rockies, Randal Grichuk (RF) and Antonio Senzatela (SP) are both listed as day-to-day, while German Marquez (SP) is on the 15-day IL. The Phillies have more impact on their injury report, with Bryce Harper (DH) listed on the 10-day IL and Cristopher Sanchez (RP) and Nick Nelson (RP) on the 15-day IL. Edmundo Sosa (SS) is also listed as day-to-day. These injuries could play a role in the outcome of the game, with the Rockies potentially having to play without some key players and the Phillies missing their star player in Harper. 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Randal Grichuk Colorado Rockies RF 10-day IL
Antonio Senzatela Colorado Rockies SP 15-day IL
Gavin Hollowell Colorado Rockies RP day-to-day
German Marquez Colorado Rockies SP 15-day IL
Bryce Harper Philadelphia Phillies DH 10-day IL
Cristopher Sanchez Philadelphia Phillies RP 15-day IL
Nick Nelson Philadelphia Phillies RP 15-day IL
Edmundo Sosa Philadelphia Phillies SS day-to-day
Ranger Suarez Philadelphia Phillies SP 15-day IL

 

Prediction 

After analyzing the stats, injury reports, and other factors, we predict that the Philadelphia Phillies will win against the Colorado Rockies in their upcoming game on April 20, 2023. However, we highly recommend not just relying on our prediction and to also check out other MLB picks from experts, computer analysis, and MLB picks and parlays. For today's game, our pick is the Phillies. While the Rockies may have a higher batting average, they are struggling with a negative run differential and a poor record on the road. The Phillies, on the other hand, have a more balanced offense and defense and are playing at home. Our recommended bet for this game is to take the Phillies with the spread. 

 

Pick: Phillies -1.5

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $80,704
last 30 days winnings $9,330
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 243 - 148 - 5
Winnings % 61%
Winnings $84,140
last 30 days winnings $2,450
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 696 - 463 - 13
Winnings % 58%