Mets vs Rockies Prediction MLB Picks Today 5/6

Mets vs Rockies Prediction MLB Picks Today 5/6

© Orlando Ramirez-USA TODAY Sports

 

Game Preview: Rockies vs. Mets (May 6, 2023) Pregame

The Colorado Rockies will face off against the New York Mets on May 6, 2023 at Citi Field in Queens, New York. As the season progresses, both teams will be looking to secure wins. MLB Picks experts, MLB Picks computer predictions, and MLB Picks and parlays will be watching closely in order to make their best MLB bets today. With the game just hours away, let's take a closer look at the matchup and make some predictions for today's game.

 

Rockies: Pitching Analysis

The Colorado Rockies have struggled this season, particularly on the pitching side of the game. Currently ranked 26th in the league for earned run average (ERA) and runs against per game, pitching is an area of concern for the team. However, there is still hope for improvement as the Rockies have some young and talented pitchers in their roster, including left-handed pitcher Austin Gomber who leads the team in strikeouts with 32 and has a 2-4 record and 7.57 ERA. In terms of predictions, MLB picks experts and algorithms have not been very favorable to the Rockies' pitching staff. Computer MLB picks & em predictions have consistently chosen their opponents, with an average win percentage of just 30.7% for the Rockies. MLB today experts have not been bullish on the Rocks either, with analysts projecting a losing season. Despite these predictions, there is still a chance for the Rockies to surprise the league and improve their numbers in the remainder of the season. It will be up to their pitchers to step up and deliver the performances the team needs to compete against tough opponents. As the season progresses, MLB picks and parlay experts will continue to analyze and predict outcomes for Rockies games, giving fans a glimpse of what to expect in each game. However, the ultimate outcome will be decided on the field, and the Rockies will need their pitchers to bring their A-game to secure victories.

Rockies: Hitting Analysis

The Colorado Rockies are heading into their matchup against the New York Mets on May 6, 2023, and the experts and computer MLB picks are split on which team will come out on top. However, based on the Rockies' recent hitting performance, they may have an edge over the Mets. The Rockies' offense has struggled this season, with a batting average of .256, which ranks 26th in the league. However, they have shown some power at the plate, hitting 6 home runs in 32 games. Leading the charge is first baseman C.J. Cron, who has hit 6 home runs and driven in 16 RBIs. In terms of plate discipline, the Rockies have struggled, striking out 8.88 times per game, which ranks 19th in the league. They have also drawn just 2.78 walks per game, which ranks 24th in the league. On the defensive side, the Rockies have struggled to prevent runs, with an ERA of 5.07, which ranks 26th in the league. They have also allowed opposing teams to hit .268 against them, which ranks 26th in the league. Despite these struggles, the Rockies have shown some promise at the plate, particularly in terms of hitting for power. If they can improve their plate discipline and tighten up their defense, they may be able to come away with a win against the Mets on May 6, 2023.

 

Mets: Pitching Analysis

As the Mets gear up to face off against the Rockies on May 6, 2023, the experts and computer MLB picks are predicting a 69.3% chance that the Mets will come out on top. The MLB picks and parlay predictions also heavily favor the Mets, with many MLB experts picking them to win today's game. Probable pitchers for the game are Austin Gomber for the Rockies, who has a record of 2-4 with a 7.57 ERA, and Tylor Megill for the Mets, who has a record of 3-1 with a 4.11 ERA. Megill has shown impressive performance with 29 strikeouts and only 6 walks in 30.1 innings pitched. Looking at the overall pitching performance of both teams, the Mets appear to have the advantage. Their pitching staff has a 4.10 ERA, compared to the Rockies' 5.07 ERA. The Mets also have a better WHIP and a lower earned runs against average. The Mets' bullpen has also been performing well, with a double plays/game ranking of #3 and a low errors/game ranking of #27. On the other hand, the Rockies have struggled with their bullpen, allowing a high number of stolen bases and having a high stolen bases att/Gm ranking. Overall, based on the pitching analysis and MLB picks and predictions, the Mets appear to have a strong chance of winning the game against the Rockies on May 6, 2023. However, anything can happen in baseball, and it will ultimately come down to how the players perform on the field.

Mets: Hitting Analysis

As the New York Mets prepared to take on the Colorado Rockies on May 6th, 2023, MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks and predictions showed that the Mets were favored to win with a 69.3% chance of victory, while the Rockies had a 30.7% chance. Experts in MLB picks and parlays also predicted the Mets to win, with the consensus pick being for them to cover the run line. Additionally, MLB experts' picks today highlighted the Mets as the best MLB bets today, based on their recent home record and strong hitting performance. An analysis of the Mets' hitting leaders showed that first baseman Pete Alonso led the team with 11 home runs and 28 RBIs, while center fielder Brandon Nimmo had a batting average of .302, and catcher Elias Diaz led the Rockies with a .337 batting average. With a capacity crowd of 42,136 at Citi Field, the stage was set for an exciting matchup between the two teams. As the game got underway, fans eagerly awaited the outcome of the MLB picks with spread and MLB picks odds, with many hoping to cash in on their expert predictions and parlay bets on the Mets.

 

Injury Report:

Heading into this matchup, both the Colorado Rockies and the New York Mets are dealing with several injuries. For the Rockies, starting pitchers German Marquez and Antonio Senzatela are both on the 15-day injured list as well as outfielder Zac Veen. Starting pitcher Kyle Freeland is currently day-to-day with an injury. Relief pitcher Dinelson Lamet is also on the 15-day injured list. On the Mets' side, starting pitcher Stephen Ridings and catcher Omar Narvaez are both on the 60-day injured list. The team has not released any updates on their status. With such notable injuries on both teams, it will be interesting to see how these missing players affect the game and potential MLB picks and predictions from experts and computers.

Player Team Position Injury Status
German Marquez Colorado Rockies SP 15-day IL (May 2)
Antonio Senzatela Colorado Rockies SP 15-day IL (May 2)
Zac Veen Colorado Rockies CF day-to-day (May 2)
Kyle Freeland Colorado Rockies SP day-to-day (May 3)
Dinelson Lamet Colorado Rockies RP 15-day IL (May 4)
Stephen Ridings New York Mets SP 60-day IL (May 1)
Omar Narvaez New York Mets C 60-day IL (May 4)

 

Prediction

As the Colorado Rockies take on the New York Mets on May 6, 2023, experts and computer MLB picks alike suggest that the Mets are the heavy favorite with a 69.3% chance of winning. However, after careful consideration, our MLB experts have made their pick: the Colorado Rockies. While the Rockies may have a less impressive record than the Mets, with 12-20 wins and 5-11 on the road, they have shown promise in their last couple of games and have some key players like C.J. Cron and Elias Diaz. Additionally, with pitcher Austin Gomber on the mound, they have a fighting chance against the Mets' offense. 

 

Pick: Rockies +1.5

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $97,650
last 30 days winnings $19,880
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1511 - 1298 - 105
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $93,615
last 30 days winnings $9,940
Yesterday winnings $870
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 782 - 523 - 14
Winnings % 58%