Mets vs Braves Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/29

Mets vs Braves Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/29

© Vincent Carchietta-USA TODAY Sports

 

Braves vs Mets (Apr 29, 2023) Pregame: MLB Picks Experts, Predictions, Odds and Analysis

The Atlanta Braves and New York Mets will face off on April 29, 2023 at Citi Field in Queens, New York. This is an exciting matchup that will have fans on the edge of their seats, with both teams putting up impressive numbers so far in the season. MLB Picks Experts, MLB Picks Computer, and MLB Picks & Parlay have all analyzed the game and their predictions are out. The experts have given Atlanta Braves a 64.3% chance of winning, with the Mets having a 35.7% chance of taking home the win. These predictions are based on the analytics of the game, with the Braves having the edge in various categories like runs per game, win percentage, and run differential. MLB Picks and Parlay also offer their predictions for the game, along with the moneyline consensus pick and run line. The odds are currently in favor of the Braves with the moneyline at -170 and the Mets at +143. The over/under has been set at 7.5, which means that the total number of runs scored by both teams needs to be over or under that number for bettors to win. For exclusive PickCenter analysis, one must subscribe to the platform's services. The full analysis will include run line performance, betting trends, and more. This is an important game for both teams, as they are both hoping to make it to the playoffs. The Braves have a record of 18-9, with 11-2 away wins, while the Mets have a record of 15-12 with 5-5 home wins. Both teams are doing well in their respective divisions, with the Braves leading the National League East standings. The Braves and the Mets have some of the league's great players, and this game promises to be a showdown between two competitive teams. Braves' Spencer Strider will be starting as pitcher, while Tylor Megill will be starting for the Mets. Fans will be watching closely to see which team comes out on top in this exciting matchup.

 

Braves: Pitching Analysis

The Atlanta Braves are off to a strong start in the 2023 MLB season, with an 18-9 record and a commanding lead in the National League East. A big reason for the team's success is their pitching staff, which has been dominant in the early going. According to MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks empredictions, the Braves' pitching staff is one of the best in the league. Their top two starters, Spencer Strider and Max Fried, have both been excellent, with ERAs under 2.00 and WHIPs under 1.00. Both pitchers have also been striking out batters at a high rate. The bullpen has also been a strength for the Braves, with several reliable arms including Jesse Chavez, Dylan Lee, and A.J. Minter. The team has been able to shut down opposing hitters late in games and preserve leads. As for the matchup against the New York Mets on April 29, 2023, the Braves' pitching staff should give them a solid advantage. Strider is scheduled to start and he has been nearly unhittable so far this season. He will be facing off against Mets' rookie Tylor Megill, who has shown some promise but is still an unproven commodity at this point. Overall, the Braves' pitching staff looks poised for continued success in the 2023 MLB season. With a strong rotation and bullpen, they should be able to shut down opposing hitters and keep their team in games. MLB picks and parlays experts have made the Braves a popular choice for best MLB bets today, and it's not hard to see why.

Braves: Hitting Analysis

The Atlanta Braves have been one of the strongest hitting teams in the 2023 MLB season. With a current record of 18-9 and a lineup that boasts top players such as Matt Olson and Ronald Acuna Jr., they have positioned themselves as a serious contender in the National League East. MLB picks experts and MLB picks computers both show faith in the Braves' ability to continue their success at the plate. They have been predicted to win 64.3% of their upcoming game against the New York Mets. In terms of statistics, the Braves have a team batting average of .255, which ranks them ninth in the league. However, they make up for this with an impressive slugging percentage of .448, ranking them third in the league. They also rank third in home runs per game with 1.54, thanks in large part to Matt Olson's eight home runs. The Mets' pitching staff will have a tough challenge in front of them, as they face off against Spencer Strider, who currently boasts a 3-0 record with a 1.80 ERA. The Mets' best chance to stop the Braves' offense may lie in their own batting, as Pete Alonso leads the team with 10 home runs and 25 RBI. Overall, the Braves have been a consistent force at the plate in the 2023 MLB season, and they will look to continue their momentum against the Mets. MLB picks and parlays, as well as MLB experts' picks, favor them to come out on top. Fans can expect an exciting matchup between two competitive teams, but the Braves' powerful hitting may give them the edge in this game.

 

Mets: Pitching Analysis

As the New York Mets get ready to face the Atlanta Braves on April 29, 2023, pitching will be a key factor in determining the outcome of the game. MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer, and MLB picks emp predictions, all point to the Mets having the upper hand in this matchup. The Mets will be sending Tylor Megill to the mound, while the Braves will be countering with Spencer Strider. Both pitchers have had a decent start to the season, with Megill sporting a 3-1 record and an ERA of 3.96, and Strider with a 3-0 record and an ERA of 1.80. MLB today experts are split on which team will come out on top, with some favoring the Mets and others the Braves. However, the majority of MLB picks and parlay options lean towards the Mets to win this game. In terms of individual MLB experts picks today, it's a mixed bag, with some favoring the Mets to win outright, while others suggest taking the Mets with the spread. Best MLB bets today, according to experts, include betting on the Mets moneyline or taking the over on the O/U of 7.5. MLB picks for today also suggest that the Mets have a slight edge based on their recent run of form, as they have won three of their last five games, while the Braves have won just two of their last five. MLB picks odds also favor the Mets, with the Braves currently listed as -170 favorites, while the Mets are at +143. However, this matchup could still go either way, and fans can expect a competitive game between two talented teams.

Mets: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to MLB picks and predictions, experts and computer algorithms alike are pointing to a close game between the Atlanta Braves and the New York Mets on April 29, 2023. However, the Mets are being favored by some MLB today experts with their slightly better home record. Looking at the MLB picks and parlay options, there are some who are even predicting the Mets to win with a slight spread. This is because their hitting performance has been strong so far, with first baseman Pete Alonso leading the team with 10 home runs and 25 RBI. Outfielder Brandon Nimmo also has a strong batting average of .330 and on-base percentage of .435. However, the Braves are no slouches themselves when it comes to hitting, with first baseman Matt Olson leading the team with eight home runs and an average of .252. Outfielder Ronald Acuna Jr. also has an impressive batting average of .352 and slugging percentage of .546. Overall, the MLB picks and predictions for this game are split, making it an exciting matchup to watch. The Mets may have a slight edge due to their hitting performance, but the Braves could easily come out on top with their own strong hitters. Only time will tell who will emerge as the winner.

 

Injury Report:

The Braves and Mets are relatively healthy going into their matchup on April 29th, 2023. However, there are a few players to keep an eye on. For the Braves, catcher Travis d'Arnaud is on the 7-day injured list with an undisclosed injury. His absence will be felt by the Braves, as he is a key contributor to their offense. On the Mets side, pitcher Jacob deGrom is still on the IL with a forearm strain. This is a major blow for the Mets, as deGrom is one of the best pitchers in the league and would have been a major asset in the matchup against the Braves. Aside from these notable injuries, both teams are expected to field their strongest lineups for this game. MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer, and MLB picks em predictions all point to a close and exciting matchup between the Braves and the Mets, with the Braves currently favored to win. 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Orlando Arcia Atlanta Braves SS 10-day IL
Joe Jimenez Atlanta Braves RP Paternity
Raisel Iglesias Atlanta Braves RP 15-day IL
Travis d'Arnaud Atlanta Braves C 7-day IL

 

Prediction

The Braves have been in excellent form this season with an 18-9 record, while the Mets have a decent 15-12 record. The pitching matchup is also in favor of the Braves, as Spencer Strider has been pitching impressively this season with a 3-0 record and a 1.80 ERA. On the other hand, Tylor Megill, who will pitch for the Mets, has a 3-1 record but a higher 3.96 ERA.

 

Pick: Braves ML

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $74,767
last 30 days winnings $15,090
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 248 - 8
Winnings % 59%
Winnings $79,704
last 30 days winnings $4,760
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 241 - 147 - 5
Winnings % 61%