Marlins vs Pirates Prediction MLB Experts Picks 6/22

Marlins vs Pirates Prediction MLB Experts Picks 6/22

© Steven Bisig-USA TODAY Sports

 

Preview

On June 22, the Miami Marlins are set to host the Pittsburgh Pirates at loanDepot Park in what promises to be an engaging MLB fixture. This article offers a thorough analysis and prediction for the game. Let's dive into the details.

The Pittsburgh Pirates, with a 34-39 record and 16-20 on the road, are in a rough patch as they face the Miami Marlins, who hold a 42-33 record and are strong at home with a 22-15 record. ESPN Analytics give the Marlins a 58.2% chance of winning, while the Pirates hold a 41.8% chance. 

 

Pittsburgh Pirates

Pitching Analysis

Mitch Keller will be the starting pitcher for the Pirates. He holds an 8-3 record with a 3.62 ERA and a 1.14 WHIP over 92 innings. With 108 strikeouts, Keller has been a key asset for the Pirates, but his performance will need to be exceptional to combat the Marlins.

Hitting Analysis

Jack Suwinski leads the Pirates with 15 home runs, but has a low .226 batting average. Bryan Reynolds is another notable player with a .279 batting average and 40 RBIs. However, as a team, the Pirates are batting .243 and have struggled to produce runs, particularly in recent games.

Injuries

The Pirates have a few players on the injury list, including Jose Hernandez, Lonnie White Jr., Travis Swaggerty, Bryan Reynolds, and Andrew McCutchen. This could further impact their ability to score runs and put up a strong defense.

 

Miami Marlins

Pitching Analysis

Braxton Garrett will be the starting pitcher for the Marlins. With a 3-2 record, he maintains a 3.88 ERA and a 1.22 WHIP across 69.2 innings. He has proven to be reliable and can be a key factor in thwarting the Pirates' batting lineup.

Hitting Analysis

Jorge Soler is a standout in the Marlins' batting lineup, leading with 21 home runs and a .252 average. Additionally, Luis Arraez boasts an incredible .398 batting average. The Marlins have a team batting average of .260, which is considerably better than the Pirates.

Injuries

The Marlins have several injuries, including Edward Cabrera, Matt Barnes, Sixto Sanchez, Jazz Chisholm Jr., and Johnny Cueto. Despite this, they have maintained a strong performance in recent games.

 

Prediction

Given the Pirates' current 9-game losing streak and difficulties in scoring, the Marlins are poised to take advantage of this slump. The Marlins' pitching, led by Braxton Garrett, is expected to challenge the Pirates’ batting lineup. Moreover, with players like Jorge Soler and Luis Arraez, the Marlins have a potent offense that should be able to capitalize on the Pirates' struggles.

Additionally, the Marlins have displayed strength at home, and the home-field advantage at loanDepot Park will likely play a role in boosting their performance.

Taking all of this into account, my prediction is a victory for the Miami Marlins in this match-up.

 

Pick: Marlins ML -130

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $82,420
last 30 days winnings $1,990
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 645 - 423 - 13
Winnings % 59%
Winnings $83,830
last 30 days winnings ($260)
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1299 - 1121 - 96
Winnings % 51%