Guardians vs Yankees Prediction MLB Picks Free 4/12

Guardians vs Yankees Prediction MLB Picks Free 4/12

© David Richard-USA TODAY Sports

 

MLB Game Preview: New York Yankees vs Cleveland Guardians

The New York Yankees will take on the Cleveland Guardians on April 12, 2023, at Progressive Field. This highly anticipated match-up has baseball experts and MLB picks computers buzzing with predictions and MLB picks and parlays. According to MLB picks and predictions by experts, the Guardians are favored to win with a 54.3% probability, while the Yankees are given a 45.7% chance of winning. Best MLB bets for today are expected to be on the Guardians, with MLB picks for today and MLB picks with spread favoring the home team. Both teams are coming off a 2-2 series stalemate and are looking for a win to take early in the season. The Yankees have a record of 6-4, while the Guardians have a record of 7-4. With Yankees' pitcher Clarke Schmidt scheduled to face an undetermined pitcher for the Guardians, all eyes will be on the pitchers to see who will come out on top. 

 

Yankees: Pitching Analysis

The New York Yankees have had a solid start to the season, with a record of 6-4 after their first 10 games. One of the key factors in their success so far has been their pitching staff. Let's take a closer look at how the Yankees' pitching compares to the rest of the league. According to various MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks, the Yankees are expected to be one of the top pitching teams in the league this season. Their pitching staff has shown an ability to keep the ball in the park, with a team ERA of 2.76 through their first 10 games. This ranks the Yankees 4th in the league in terms of ERA. Their starting rotation has been particularly impressive, led by ace Gerrit Cole. He has been dominant in his first three starts, posting a 1.47 ERA and striking out 29 batters in just 18.1 innings pitched. The rest of the rotation has also been solid, with Clarke Schmidt and Domingo German both pitching well in their few starts. In the bullpen, the Yankees have a good mix of hard-throwing righties and lefties. Aroldis Chapman is the closer and has yet to allow a run this season. Wandy Peralta has been a standout lefty, with a 1.59 ERA in 5.2 innings pitched. Overall, the Yankees' pitching staff is shaping up to be one of the best in the league. With a strong rotation and a deep bullpen, they should be able to keep their opponents in check and give their offense a chance to win games. Look for the Yankees to be one of the top teams in the American League this season.

Yankees: Hitting Analysis

MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer predictions are predicting a promising season for the New York Yankees. MLB today experts have ranked the Yankees as a top contender for the American League title, with the best MLB bets today being placed on their success. With a strong batting lineup featuring Aaron Judge, Giancarlo Stanton and Gleyber Torres leading the pack, the Yankees' offense is expected to be one of the best in the league. MLB picks and parlay predictions also highlight the Yankees' ability to hit for power. In the early stages of the season, the team has already hit a total of 16 home runs with Aaron Judge leading the way with four. Additionally, the team's slugging percentage of .452 ranks them fourth in the league, showing their power potential. However, the team has struggled with their on-base percentage, ranking 18th in the league with a .321. This may be due in part to a high strikeout rate of 24.5%, which ranks 22nd in the league. Improving their plate discipline and minimizing strikeouts will be key for the Yankees' success in the long run. Overall, MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer predictions see a promising season for the New York Yankees. If they can continue to capitalize on their power potential and improve their plate discipline, they could be a tough team to beat.

 

Guardians: Pitching Analysis

The Cleveland Guardians are looking to make a statement in the American League Central this season, and their pitching staff will play a crucial role in their success. MLB picks experts and computer are predicting the Guardians to have one of the top pitching staffs in the league. The Guardians have a solid starting rotation led by Shane Bieber, who won the AL Cy Young Award in 2021. The Guardians also have Aaron Civale and Triston McKenzie, who have shown flashes of brilliance in their young careers. MLB today experts and MLB picks and parlay analysis suggest that the Guardians' bullpen is also a strength. The Guardians have a deep bullpen with guys like Emmanuel Clase, James Karinchak, and Nick Wittgren who can all close out games. According to the best MLB bets today and MLB picks with spread analysis, the Guardians' pitching staff will be a force to be reckoned with in 2023. The Guardians have the potential to shut down any offense and keep their team in games. MLB predictions today and MLB picks for today also indicate that the Guardians' pitching staff will be a key factor in their matchup against the New York Yankees on April 12, 2023. The Guardians' pitching staff will need to keep the Yankees' powerful offense in check if they want to come out on top. Overall, the Guardians have a promising pitching staff with a lot of potential, and they will be a major factor in the team's success this season.

Guardians: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to predicting the outcome of Major League Baseball games, experts use various methods such as analyzing statistics, using computer predictions, and making their own MLB picks. Today, experts are predicting that the Guardians will have a strong hitting performance in their game against the New York Yankees on April 12, 2023. Taking a closer look at the Guardians' recent performances, we can see that they have been hitting well, with an average of .239 at the plate. Their home runs, RBIs, and total bases per game have also been impressive. In their last five games, they have won three and lost two, but their batting leaders like Josh Naylor and Steven Kwan, have demonstrated they have the skills to increase their team's offensive power. On the other hand, the Yankees' performance at the plate has been mediocre, with an average of .241. Despite having good slugging and on-base percentages, they have not been able to capitalize on their opportunities to score runs. 

 

Injury Report

With the 2023 MLB season underway, teams are keeping a close eye on injuries that could impact their season. Here's a look at the injury report for the New York Yankees and Cleveland Guardians ahead of their game on April 12th. For the Yankees, shortstop Oswald Peraza is listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed injury. Trystan Vrieling, a starting pitcher, is also listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed injury. As for the Guardians, Sam Hentges, a relief pitcher, was placed on the 15-day injured list on April 10th. Starting pitcher Cody Morris was placed on the 60-day injured list on the same day. Aaron Civale, another starting pitcher, was placed on the 15-day injured list on April 10th. Triston McKenzie, a starting pitcher, was placed on the 60-day injured list on April 10th. These injuries could impact the performance of both teams during the season. 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Oswald Peraza New York Yankees SS day-to-day
Trystan Vrieling New York Yankees SP day-to-day
Sam Hentges Cleveland Guardians RP 15-day IL
Cody Morris Cleveland Guardians SP 60-day IL
Aaron Civale Cleveland Guardians SP 15-day IL
Triston McKenzie Cleveland Guardians SP 60-day IL

 

Prediction

As we look ahead to the upcoming MLB season, it's clear that there are plenty of strong teams with talented rosters. While experts and computer models alike can provide valuable insights into which teams are likely to succeed, it's also important to consider the intangibles that can make a difference in each game. When making your MLB picks and parlays, it's important to consider factors such as injuries, weather conditions, and recent performance. With all that in mind, here's our pick for today's game between the New York Yankees and the Cleveland Guardians: Take the Guardians. We know, we know - the Yankees are always a popular pick among baseball fans and experts alike. But in this case, we think the Guardians have a good shot at pulling off an upset. The team has looked solid so far this season, and while the Yankees certainly have a talented roster, they're also dealing with some injuries that could make things challenging. 

 

Pick: Guardians ML

Winnings $83,830
last 30 days winnings ($260)
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1299 - 1121 - 96
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $81,570
last 30 days winnings $1,140
Yesterday winnings ($170)
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 644 - 423 - 12
Winnings % 59%