Guardians vs Rockies Prediction MLB Picks Free 4/25

Guardians vs Rockies Prediction MLB Picks Free 4/25

© Ken Blaze-USA TODAY Sports

 

Rockies vs Guardians (Apr 25, 2023) Pregame Preview: MLB Picks, Expert Predictions and Betting Odds

The Colorado Rockies will be facing off against the Cleveland Guardians on April 25, 2023, in what is sure to be an exciting matchup. As the two teams prepare to take the field at Progressive Field in Ohio, fans and MLB experts alike are eagerly anticipating the game and making their predictions. MLB Picks and Expert Predictions MLB Picks experts have been analyzing the teams' performances so far this season and making their predictions for the upcoming game. The Guardians are currently favored to win, with a 66.2% likelihood of victory, while the Rockies have a 33.8% chance of taking home the win. MLB Picks Computer predictions also give the edge to the Guardians, with a projected final score of 5.5-3.5 in their favor. However, nothing is set in stone, and anything can happen on the field. MLB Picks and Parlay For those looking to make some bets on the game, MLB Picks and Parlays are a popular option. Betting on the Guardians to win with a 1.5 run line is currently the most common pick among bettors. The money line for the Guardians is set at -205, while the Rockies are sitting at +170. . 

 

Rockies: Pitching Analysis

The Colorado Rockies have struggled in the early part of the 2023 MLB season, particularly on the pitching side of the game. With a team ERA of 5.48, the Rockies rank dead last in the National League and 29th in all of baseball. Their starters have been particularly problematic, with only one pitcher (Ryan Feltner) having an ERA under 4.00. In their upcoming matchup against the Cleveland Guardians on April 25, 2023, the Rockies will send Feltner to the mound to try and snap a three-game losing streak. Feltner has been the bright spot in an otherwise bleak starting rotation, with an ERA of 1.26 and a WHIP of 0.68 in his first three starts of the season. On the other side of the ball, the Guardians will counter with Peyton Battenfield, who will be making his first start of the season after being called up from the minors. Battenfield has limited experience at the MLB level, having only thrown 3.2 innings in relief in 2022, but he was impressive in AAA this season, posting a 0.94 ERA in three starts. The pitching matchup favors the Guardians in this game, but anything can happen on any given day. The Rockies will need their offense to step up if they hope to come away with a win, as they currently rank 28th in the league in runs scored per game at just 3.74. Overall, this game has the potential to be a low-scoring affair, with the over/under set at just 8.5 runs.

Rockies: Hitting Analysis

Today, experts are looking at the Rockies' hitting lineup to gauge their chances of success. The Rockies have struggled to find their groove this season, currently sitting with a 6-17 record and 3-10 away record. Their offense ranks 28th in the league in batting average, sitting at .243. The team's leader in home runs is first baseman C.J. Cron, with only 5 home runs so far this season. Despite their offensive struggles, the Rockies have some bright spots in their lineup. Right fielder Kris Bryant boasts an impressive .288 batting average and .360 on-base percentage, while second baseman Ryan McMahon leads the team in runs batted in with 12.

 

Guardians Pitching Analysis:

Looking at the probable pitchers for this matchup, Colorado's Ryan Feltner will take to the mound against Cleveland's Peyton Battenfield. Feltner's record stands at 1-2 with a 6.16 ERA, while Battenfield boasts a 1-1 record with a 4.68 ERA. Despite the Guardians' current advantage, both teams will have to bring their A-game to the field in order to secure a win. As always, the outcome of any given game can be influenced by a variety of factors, including but not limited to the players' current form, injuries, and stadium conditions. For those looking to get in on the action, there are plenty of MLB picks and parlay options available from experts and computer algorithms alike. Whether you're looking for the best MLB bets today, MLB picks with spread, or MLB picks and parlays, there's something for everyone when it comes to predicting the outcome of this game. Ultimately, it's anyone's guess as to who will come out on top in this matchup – all we can do is wait, watch, and enjoy the game as it unfolds.

Guardians: Hitting Analysis

Offensively, the Guardians have been led by third baseman Jose Ramirez, who currently leads the team with three home runs and 16 RBIs. So, what can we expect from this matchup? According to MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer predictions, the Guardians are favored to win with a 66.2% chance of victory. However, it's worth noting that the Rockies have historically performed well against the Guardians, winning five of their last seven matchups. In terms of hitting analysis, the Rockies will need to improve on their offensive production if they hope to pull off the upset. While the team has some individual standouts such as C.J. Cron and Kris Bryant, they'll need the rest of the lineup to step up and provide some run support for Feltner. For the Guardians, continuing to get production from players like Ramirez will be key, but they'll also need contributions from the rest of the lineup. Look for rookie outfielder Daniel Espino, who has shown some potential early in the season, to continue to get opportunities to make an impact. Overall, this matchup should be an interesting one to watch, with the struggling Rockies looking to turn things around and the surprising Guardians looking to continue their solid start to the season. 

 

Injury Report

As with any sport, injuries can be a real game-changer in the MLB. If key players are out with injuries, it can drastically impact the outcome of a game. Here's a look at the injury report for the upcoming Colorado Rockies vs. Cleveland Guardians game on April 25, 2023. Starting with the Colorado Rockies, they have several players currently on the injured list. Randal Grichuk (RF) has been on the 10-day IL since April 21, German Marquez (SP) is on the 15-day IL since April 24, Antonio Senzatela (SP) is also on the 15-day IL since April 24, and Tyler Kinley (RP) has been on the 60-day IL since April 24. Yonathan Daza (CF) is day-to-day with an injury. For the Cleveland Guardians, Daniel Espino (SP) is currently day-to-day with an injury, and Triston McKenzie (SP) has been on the 60-day IL since April 23. 

 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Randal Grichuk Colorado Rockies RF 10-day IL (Apr 21)
German Marquez Colorado Rockies SP 15-day IL (Apr 24)
Antonio Senzatela Colorado Rockies SP 15-day IL (Apr 24)
Tyler Kinley Colorado Rockies RP 60-day IL (Apr 24)
Yonathan Daza Colorado Rockies CF day-to-day (Apr 24)
Daniel Espino Cleveland Guardians SP day-to-day (Apr 23)
Triston McKenzie Cleveland Guardians SP 60-day IL (Apr 23)

 

Prediction

Firstly, the pitching matchup seems to be in favor of the Cleveland Guardians. Peyton Battenfield, who will be starting for the Guardians, has a better ERA (1.69) and WHIP (0.94) than Ryan Feltner, the starting pitcher for the Rockies. Feltner has an ERA of 6.16 and a WHIP of 1.68. These stats indicate that Battenfield has been more effective in limiting runs and baserunners compared to Feltner, which could give the Guardians an advantage.

Secondly, the Cleveland Guardians have a better overall record and home record compared to the Colorado Rockies. The Guardians have an 11-11 record, while the Rockies have a dismal 6-17 record. Additionally, the Guardians have a 3-6 home record, while the Rockies have a 3-10 away record. The Guardians' record suggests that they have been performing better overall and at home, which could give them an edge in this game.

Finally, the betting odds and ESPN Analytics favor the Cleveland Guardians to win and cover the -1.5 run line. The Guardians have a 66.2% chance of winning, while the Rockies only have a 33.8% chance of winning. Moreover, the Guardians have a -205 money line compared to the Rockies' +170 money line, indicating that the Guardians are the favorites to win.

 

Pick: Guardians -1.5

 

Winnings $84,090
last 30 days winnings $0
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1285 - 1108 - 96
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $78,000
last 30 days winnings $0
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 607 - 394 - 11
Winnings % 59%