Giants vs Mets Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/20

Giants vs Mets Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/20

© Kelley L Cox-USA TODAY Sports

 

Game Preview: Mets vs Giants (Apr 20, 2023) Pregame

The New York Mets and San Francisco Giants are set to face off on April 20, 2023, in what promises to be an exciting baseball game. As we approach the matchup, MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer systems, and MLB picks emp predictions are all starting to roll in. Fans are eagerly anticipating the expert MLB picks, hoping to get an edge when placing MLB picks and parlay bets. The Mets have been performing well lately, sporting a 12-7 record and an 8-5 record away from home. They have the advantage when it comes to the MLB expert picks, particularly when it comes to MLB picks with spread. However, the Giants have home-field advantage and will be looking to add another win to their 6-11 record, with a 2-4 record at home. With the help of expert MLB picks, MLB picks and parlays, and MLB picks today, each team will be looking to take home a victory. As the game approaches, fans are eagerly awaiting the best MLB bets today, as well as MLB picks odds and MLB predictions for today. It's sure to be a thrilling matchup between two formidable teams.

Mets: Pitching Analysis

As the New York Mets continue their season, experts and computer MLB picks are analyzing the team's pitching performance, making predictions and offering their favorite MLB picks and parlay bets. The Mets have shown solid pitching so far, with a 12-7 overall record and a 4.22 earned run average (ERA), ranking 14th in the league. Their probable pitcher for the upcoming matchup against the San Francisco Giants is Kodai Senga, with a 2-0 record and 3.38 ERA. His opponent will be Sean Manaea, a left-handed pitcher with a 0-0 record and 4.76 ERA. According to MLB predictions by experts and computer picks, the matchup between the Mets and the Giants on April 20th, 2023 will be a close one. Analytics give the Giants a slight advantage with a 54.0% win probability, while the Mets have a 46.0% chance of winning. However, fans looking to make MLB picks with spread may want to consider the Mets as their favorite, as they have an 8-5 record as favorites and a 11-8 record against the spread (ATS). Looking at the Mets' run line performance, they have a solid 12-7 away record and are 8-6 as favorites. Their opponents, the Giants, have a 6-11 overall record and are 2-4 at home. Based on these statistics, MLB experts' top pick today may be the Mets to win with a run line of -1.5. When making MLB picks and parlays, it's also essential to consider the over/under. For the Mets vs. Giants matchup on April 20th, 2023, the over/under is set at 8.5. The Mets average 4.61 runs per game, while the Giants only average 3.03 runs per game, making the under a possible pick. In conclusion, as the Mets continue their season and face the Giants, the pitching performance will be critical to determine the outcome of the game. Based on current statistics, MLB picks and predictions from experts and computer models favor the Giants slightly, but the Mets may be a good pick to make with a run line advantage. Fans looking to make MLB picks with spread and over/under may also be interested in considering the under for this matchup.

Mets: Hitting Analysis

Mets' batting leaders, Pete Alonso and Brandon Nimmo, need to step up their game and lead the team to victory. Despite their slow start to the season, the Mets' offense has the potential to dominate the game and win against the Giants. MLB experts' picks today also suggest that the Mets need to improve their runs per game, which currently ranks 15th in the league. The team needs to try and maximize their plate appearances and create more opportunities for the hitters to score. Mets' hitting performance, especially with runners in scoring position, will be critical in determining the outcome of the game. Best MLB bets today also suggest that the Mets need to improve their batting average, which currently ranks 28th in the league. The team needs to make solid contact with the ball and reduce their strikeouts, which ranks second highest in the league. A better batting average means that the team can generate more runs and put pressure on the Giants' defense. In conclusion, the Mets are the underdogs in this game against the Giants, but with a solid hitting performance, the team can overcome the odds and win. The team needs to focus on maximizing plate appearances, improving their batting average and runs per game, and reducing strikeouts. If the Mets can deliver on their hitting potential, they could come out on top and earn a victory against the Giants.

 

Giants Pitching Analysis

 Manaea has struggled so far this season with a 0-4 record and a 4.76 ERA. But he has the potential to bounce back and lead the Giants to victory. MLB picks and parlays see the total runs in this game at 8.5, and it could be a close matchup with the odds favoring the Giants at -130. Ultimately, the outcome of this game will depend on how Senga and Manaea perform on the mound, and which team is able to capitalize on their opportunities at the plate.

Giants: Hitting Analysis

As the Giants prepare to take on the Mets on April 20, 2023, MLB experts have weighed in with their predictions. Many are using computer algorithms to analyze data and make predictions about who will come out on top in this matchup. MLB picks and parlay experts have analyzed the hitting performance of each team and determined that the Mets have the advantage in this category. They have a batting average of .222 and have scored an average of 4.61 runs per game. On the other hand, the Giants have a batting average of .244 and have scored an average of 3.89 runs per game. MLB experts' picks today also reveal that the Mets have a stronger offense overall, with players like Pete Alonso, who leads the team with 8 home runs, and Brandon Nimmo, who has a batting average of .349. However, the Giants have some strong hitters as well, including Mike Yastrzemski, who has 4 home runs and 9 RBI, and J.D. Davis, who has a batting average of .333 and a slugging percentage of .593. MLB picks with spread indicate that the Mets are favored to win this matchup, with a run line of -1.5 and money line of -130. The Giants have a run line of +1.5 and a money line of +110. The over/under for the game is set at 8.5. It remains to be seen which team will come out on top in this matchup between the Mets and the Giants. However, based on the analyses of MLB experts, it seems that the Mets have the edge in hitting and are likely to come away with the win.

 

Injury Report:

The New York Mets and San Francisco Giants have both been dealing with injuries to key players. The Mets have Stephen Nogosek on the 15-day injured list as of April 15, and Tim Locastro on the 10-day injured list as of April 17. The Giants have several players on the injured list including Mitch Haniger, Bryce Johnson, Joc Pederson, Alex Wood, and Michael Conforto who is currently day-to-day as of April 19. These injuries may have an impact on the MLB picks and predictions made by experts, computers, and fans alike for the upcoming game on April 20, 2023. It will be interesting to see how both teams adjust and perform without some of their key players.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Stephen Nogosek New York Mets RP 15-day IL
Tim Locastro New York Mets CF 10-day IL
Mitch Haniger San Francisco Giants RF 10-day IL
Bryce Johnson San Francisco Giants CF 7-day IL
Joc Pederson San Francisco Giants 1B 10-day IL
Alex Wood San Francisco Giants SP 15-day IL

 

Prediction

As per the experts, the Mets are favored to win against the Giants in their upcoming game on April 20, 2023. However, taking into account the recent performances and statistics of both teams, the computer model predicts that the Giants have a 54.0% chance of winning this game. Our pick for this game is the Giants. Despite their slow start to the season, the Giants have shown promising performances in their recent games and possess a strong lineup. Additionally, the Mets will be playing away from home, which could affect their performance. 

 

Pick: Giants ML

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $80,704
last 30 days winnings $7,720
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 243 - 148 - 5
Winnings % 61%
Winnings $71,767
last 30 days winnings $13,090
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 251 - 8
Winnings % 59%
Winnings $80,590
last 30 days winnings ($330)
Yesterday winnings $560
Top Sport NBA
W-L-D 690 - 462 - 13
Winnings % 58%