Giants vs Cardinals Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/25

Giants vs Cardinals Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/25

© Kelley L Cox-USA TODAY Sports

 

Cardinals vs Giants (Apr 25, 2023) Pregame: MLB Picks, Predictions and Best Bets

The St. Louis Cardinals will face off against the San Francisco Giants on April 25, 2023, in what is expected to be an exciting matchup. Baseball experts and MLB picks and predictions computer models are already making their predictions on who will come out on top. The Cardinals have had a tough start to the season, with a 9-13 record and a 4-5 record away from home. The Giants, on the other hand, have an equally rough start with an 8-13 record and a 4-6 record at home. While both teams have struggled, the Cardinals are seeking to bounce back and get a much-needed win. MLB picks experts and computer models are closely watching the matchup, with some giving the Giants a 56.5% chance of winning, while others are giving the Cardinals a 43.5% chance of coming out on top. With both teams hungry for a win, MLB picks and predictions are sure to be heavily scrutinized. The game is set to take place at Oracle Park in San Francisco, California, with a capacity of 41,915. The probable pitchers for the game are Jake Woodford for the Cardinals and an undecided player for the Giants. Looking at batting leaders and statistics, the Cardinals will rely on Nolan Gorman, who has six home runs and an impressive .313 batting average. Meanwhile, the Giants' Mike Yastrzemski has four home runs and a .269 batting average. In terms of injuries, both teams have several players who are day-to-day or on the IL, which may impact their lineups and strategy for the game. Overall, this matchup promises to deliver an exciting game of baseball, with both teams vying for a much-needed win. MLB picks and predictions, along with expert insights and analysis, will be essential in determining the outcome of this game. So be sure to stay tuned as we bring you the latest updates and best MLB bets for this matchup.

 

Cardinals: Pitching Analysis

The Cardinals have had a shaky start to the season, with a 9-13 record and a 4-5 away record. However, the team's pitching has been a bright spot. The Cardinals' probable pitcher for the game, Jake Woodford, has a record of 1-2, an ERA of 6.05, and has pitched 19.1 innings with 12 strikeouts. While his record may not be ideal, his performance has shown potential. The team's bullpen has also been solid, with relievers Giovanny Gallegos and Ryan Helsley holding ERAs of 1.13 and 1.80, respectively. However, closer Jordan Hicks has struggled, with an ERA of 7.71 and three blown saves in six opportunities. Overall, the Cardinals' pitching ranks 16th in the league with a 4.66 ERA. However, their defense value ranks fourth in the league with a .995 fielding percentage and they lead the league in double plays/game with 1.23. The Cardinals may not have the strongest pitching in the league, but they have the potential to hold their own against the Giants in their upcoming matchup. MLB picks and parlay experts may have varying opinions, but the Cardinals' pitching performance will ultimately determine their success in the game.

Cardinals: Hitting Analysis

The St. Louis Cardinals have had a rough start to the 2023 MLB season, currently sitting at 9-13 overall and 4-5 on the road. However, MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks and predictions suggest that the Cardinals still have potential for great hitting performances. Looking at the Cardinals' batting leaders, Nolan Gorman leads the team with 6 home runs and a .313 batting average, while Mike Yastrzemski leads the San Francisco Giants with 4 home runs and a .269 batting average. The Cardinals' team batting average of .270 ranks them fourth in the league. In terms of offensive value, the Cardinals rank 22nd out of all MLB teams with a .409 win percentage. However, their total bases per game of 15.00 and run differential of -2.0 suggest that they have the potential for a strong offense. The Cardinals also excel in certain hitting categories, ranking first in double plays per game and fourth in batting average. However, they do struggle in other areas like sacrifice flies per game and hit by pitch per game. Overall, despite their slow start to the season, MLB picks and parlays and MLB expert picks today suggest that the Cardinals have the potential for a strong hitting performance. Fans will have to keep a close eye on their upcoming games to see if they can capitalize on this potential.

 

Giants: Pitching Analysis

The Giants' pitching staff has been performing slightly better than the Cardinals, with a team ERA of 4.28, which ranks 16th in the league. The Giants have yet to announce their starting pitcher for today's game, but they have a number of quality arms in their rotation, including Kevin Gausman and Logan Webb, who have both been pitching well this season. Overall, based on the pitching performances of both teams this season, the Giants appear to have the edge in today's game. However, anything can happen in baseball, and the Cardinals' offense has been producing more runs than the Giants' offense this season. MLB picks and parlay experts suggest that this game could be a close one, and the spread is likely to be narrow. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top in this matchup between two National League teams.

Giants: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to predicting the outcome of a baseball game, there are many factors to consider. One of the most important is hitting analysis. Experts from MLB picks computer systems and MLB picks and parlay experts have combined their predictions to give us an idea of what to expect from the St. Louis Cardinals and San Francisco Giants on April 25th, 2023. According to these MLB today experts, the Giants have a 56.5% chance of winning while the Cardinals have a 43.5% chance. This is based on various MLB picks experts and their predictions which takes into account factors such as the team's batting and pitching performances. Looking at the batting leaders for both teams, Nolan Gorman from the Cardinals and Mike Yastrzemski from the Giants are currently leading their teams with 6 and 4 home runs respectively. Gorman also has an impressive batting average of .313 while Thairo Estrada from the Giants has a .329 average. These are key players to watch and could determine the outcome of the game. 

 

Injury Report:

As with any sport, injuries can play a major role in the success or failure of a team. The St. Louis Cardinals and San Francisco Giants have both experienced their fair share of injuries early in the season. For the Cardinals, pitchers Austin Love and Dakota Hudson are currently day-to-day with unspecified injuries, while Adam Wainwright has been placed on the 15-day IL with an elbow issue. On the Giants side, Austin Slater and Mitch Haniger are both on the 10-day IL, while Bryce Johnson is on the 7-day IL. In addition, Armando Alvarez and R.J. Dabovich are both day-to-day with undisclosed injuries. .

Player Team Position Injury Status
Austin Love St. Louis Cardinals SP day-to-day
Dakota Hudson St. Louis Cardinals SP day-to-day
Wilking Rodriguez St. Louis Cardinals RP 15-day IL
Adam Wainwright St. Louis Cardinals SP 15-day IL
Austin Slater San Francisco Giants CF 10-day IL
Mitch Haniger San Francisco Giants RF 10-day IL
Bryce Johnson San Francisco Giants CF 7-day IL
Armando Alvarez San Francisco Giants 3B day-to-day
R.J. Dabovich San Francisco Giants RP day-to-day

 

Prediction

While the Cardinals have performed well in certain offensive categories, their overall win percentage and run differential rank in the bottom half of their division. Additionally, they currently have several players on the IL, including starting pitcher Adam Wainwright. Meanwhile, the Giants have a slightly higher win percentage and have been stronger defensively. Their offense has also been bolstered by the likes of Nolan Gorman and Mike Yastrzemski.

 

Pick: Giants ML 

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $80,704
last 30 days winnings $7,720
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 243 - 148 - 5
Winnings % 61%
Winnings $71,767
last 30 days winnings $13,090
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 251 - 8
Winnings % 59%
Winnings $80,590
last 30 days winnings ($1,830)
Yesterday winnings $3,240
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 690 - 462 - 13
Winnings % 58%