Dodgers vs Phillies Prediction MLB Experts Picks 5/3

Dodgers vs Phillies Prediction MLB Experts Picks 5/3

© Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

 

Game Preview: Phillies vs. Dodgers (May 3, 2023) Pregame

The Philadelphia Phillies will visit the Los Angeles Dodgers on May 3, 2023, as the two teams square off in a crucial regular-season game at Dodger Stadium. With both teams aiming for a spot in the playoffs, this game promises to be an exciting matchup that fans won't want to miss. The Phillies, who are currently 15-15, 7-10 away, are looking to bounce back after a disheartening loss against the Dodgers in their last matchup. On the other hand, the Dodgers, with a record of 17-13 and 10-6 at home, will be looking to build on their recent success. As the game approaches, fans and experts alike will be discussing the probable pitchers for the game, PHIs Aaron Nola (2-2, 4.61 ERA, 1.32 WHIP, 28 K) vs LAD Gavin Stone (0-1, -.--- ERA, -.--- WHIP, 0 K). With stars like Kyle Schwarber (PHI) and Max Muncy (LAD) leading their respective offenses, both teams have the potential to put up big numbers. At the time of writing, according to analytics, the Dodgers are favored to win the game with a 54.9% chance of victory while the Phillies have a 45.1% chance of pulling off the upset. As the first pitch draws near, it's anyone's guess which team will come out on top. 

 

Phillies: Pitching Analysis

The Philadelphia Phillies have had an up-and-down season when it comes to their pitching staff. While they have some solid starters, the bullpen has struggled at times. So, what do the experts and computer MLB picks predict for the Phillies pitching in the season? According to MLB picks experts and predictions, the Phillies have a 45.1% chance of winning their upcoming game against the Los Angeles Dodgers on May 3, 2023. However, the Dodgers are currently leading the regular season series 1-0. In terms of individual players, Aaron Nola has been a standout for the Phillies as their starting pitcher with a record of 2-2 and an ERA of 4.61. Gavin Stone is projected to be the starting pitcher for the Dodgers in their upcoming game against the Phillies. When it comes to the Phillies' batting and pitching leaders, Kyle Schwarber has hit the most home runs with 7 for the Phillies while Max Muncy leads the Dodgers with 11. Brandon Marsh has the highest batting average for the Phillies, while Freddie Freeman has the highest batting average for the Dodgers. Overall, the Phillies have a middle-of-the-road pitching staff with an earned run average of 4.66. The bullpen has struggled at times with a higher-than-desired WHIP of 1.330 and a low double plays per game ranking. As for the future, the Phillies will need their pitching staff to step up if they want to make a playoff push. While the starting rotation has potential, they will need more consistent performances from their bullpen if they want to compete with the best teams in the league.

Phillies: Hitting Analysis

As the Philadelphia Phillies prepare to take on the Los Angeles Dodgers on May 3, 2023, experts are weighing in on the team's hitting performance. MLB picks from both computer models and human analysts are predicting a close matchup between the two teams, with the Dodgers being favored by just 54.9% according to analytics. Despite their 15-15 record so far this season, the Phillies have shown promise at the plate. They currently rank third in the league for total bases per game, with an average of 15.33. Their batting average of .271 also places them at third in the league, led by Brandon Marsh with an impressive .337 average and .422 OBP. The team's offense has struggled in some areas, such as strikeouts per game (9.03) and walks per game (2.63). However, their high number of extra base hits (9.0%) and hits for extra bases (36.2%) suggests they have the ability to generate runs through power hitting. The Phillies will face a tough challenge in Dodgers pitcher Gavin Stone, who has an ERA of just 2.71 and has allowed just 6 hits in 16 innings pitched so far this season. However, if their hitters can continue to perform at their current level, the Phillies could surprise many and come out on top in this matchup. MLB picks and parlay options are available for those looking to bet on the outcome of this game.

 

Dodgers: Pitching Analysis

As per MLB picks experts, the matchup between the Philadelphia Phillies and the Los Angeles Dodgers on May 3, 2023, is expected to be an exciting game. MLB picks and computer predictions have given the Dodgers a 54.9% chance of winning this game, while the Phillies have been given a 45.1% chance. The probable pitchers for this game are Aaron Nola for the Phillies and Gavin Stone for the Dodgers. As per MLB expert picks today, analysts expect Nola to struggle in this game as he has an ERA of 4.46 and has given up 28 hits and 9 home runs in his previous 32.1 innings pitched. On the other hand, Stone has been in good form with an ERA of 3.82 and has given up only 17 hits and 4 home runs in his previous 30.2 innings pitched. Experts have given the Dodgers the edge in terms of pitching with their starting rotation ranking 6th in the league, while the Phillies rank 17th. As per MLB picks with spread, the Dodgers are expected to win this game with a -1.5 spread. In terms of offense, the Dodgers have a better batting average compared to the Phillies, with a team average of .230 vs. .271 for the Phillies. However, the Phillies have a better slugging percentage of .442 compared to the Dodgers' .398. The Dodgers have also hit more home runs than the Phillies, with 51 home runs vs. 34 for the Phillies. Overall, according to MLB picks and parlays, the Dodgers are favored to win this game based on their pitching and offensive capabilities. MLB picks odds also suggest that the Dodgers have a better chance of covering the spread. However, anything can happen in baseball, and the Phillies will be looking to pull an upset on the road.

Dodgers: Hitting Analysis

As the Phillies take on the Dodgers on May 3, 2023, MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks and predictions have the Dodgers favored to win with a 54.9% chance of victory, according to analytics. MLB today experts have also been making their MLB picks and parlay bets for the matchup. The Dodgers have been playing consistently well, with a record of 17-13 and a home record of 10-6. MLB experts picks for today have been favoring the team due to their strong hitting capabilities, led by Max Muncy with 11 home runs and 22 RBIs. Other key players on the field include Freddie Freeman with a batting average of .305 and Alec Bohm for the Phillies with 22 RBIs and 3 home runs. MLB picks with spread have also been predicting a high-scoring game, with the Dodgers expected to put up a solid performance against the Phillies' defense. However, MLB predictions today have also been factoring in the possibility of unexpected upsets and surprises on the field, making it an exciting game to watch. As gametime approaches at Dodger Stadium, baseball fans will be eagerly waiting to see which team will come out on top in this matchup. Regardless of the outcome, the game is sure to be a thrilling one with both teams putting their all into hitting, pitching, and fielding.

 

Injury Report

As with any sport, injuries can play a major role in the success or failure of a team. The Philadelphia Phillies and Los Angeles Dodgers have both faced their fair share of injuries so far this season. The Phillies have seen three players recently added to the injured list: starting pitcher Ranger Suarez, left fielder Cristian Pache, and designated hitter Bryce Harper. The loss of Harper, a key player in the Phillies' offense, could have an impact on their productivity at the plate. On the other hand, the Dodgers have no players currently listed on the injured report. This could give them an advantage over the Phillies in terms of depth and available players. MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer, and MLB picks and predictions all factor in injuries when making predictions for games. While the Phillies have shown resilience in the face of injuries this season, the Dodgers' lack of injuries could make them a stronger team overall. MLB today experts and MLB picks and parlay analysts may take this into consideration when making their picks for the Phillies vs. Dodgers game on May 3, 2023. It is important to note that injuries are unpredictable and can occur at any time during a game or season. Capitalizing on healthy players and strategic lineups could be key for both teams moving forward. 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Ranger Suarez Philadelphia Phillies SP 15-day IL (Apr 28)
Cristian Pache Philadelphia Phillies LF 10-day IL (May 1)
Bryce Harper Philadelphia Phillies DH 10-day IL (May 1)

 

Prediction

With the Phillies coming in at 15-15 and the Dodgers at 17-13, it's sure to be a close game. However, my pick for this game is the Dodgers. While the Phillies have some strong offensive players like Kyle Schwarber and Alec Bohm, the Dodgers' Max Muncy and Freddie Freeman have been performing consistently well. Plus, Gavin Stone is projected to start for the Dodgers, and he's had a great start to the season with a 2.89 ERA. Of course, nothing is set in stone in baseball, and the game could go either way. But based on recent performances and stats, I'm giving the edge to the Dodgers.

 

Pick: Dodgers ML

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $80,704
last 30 days winnings $9,330
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 243 - 148 - 5
Winnings % 61%
Winnings $84,140
last 30 days winnings $2,450
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 696 - 463 - 13
Winnings % 58%