Dodgers vs Cubs Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/16

Dodgers vs Cubs Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/16

© Jonathan Hui-USA TODAY Sports

 

MLB Game Preview: Chicago Cubs vs Los Angeles Dodgers

The Chicago Cubs will be taking on the Los Angeles Dodgers in what promises to be a thrilling game with some great baseball action. This match-up will be taking place on April 16, 2023, and is sure to be one of the most exciting games of the MLB season. MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer, and MLB picks em predictions all suggest that this is going to be a closely contested game. Both teams will be looking to secure a win as they continue their quest in the league. The MLB picks and parlay are predicting a very close match-up, with both teams evenly matched. The MLB experts picks suggest that the Cubs have a very good chance of winning this game, but the Dodgers will not be an easy team to overcome. The game will be a battle of wills and the team that manages to score the most runs will emerge victorious. The best MLB bets today are also predicting a tight match. The MLB picks with spread suggest that both teams will be playing hard and will be looking to take control of the game from the start. The MLB predictions today are that the Cubs will be looking to rely on their strong hitting and pitching to secure a win, while the Dodgers will be utilizing their excellent defense and speed to try and take control of the game. MLB picks odds

 

Cubs: Pitching Analysis

The Chicago Cubs have had a solid start to the season with a record of 7-5. The team's success is heavily reliant on their pitching staff, and so far, they have gotten solid performances from their starters and bullpen. In this article, we will analyze the Cubs' pitching staff and make predictions on their performance for the rest of the season. MLB Picks Experts have made predictions for both SP Drew Smyly and SP Marcus Stroman, with both expected to have a strong season. Smyly has been effective in his first few starts, winning his first game and posting a 6.52 ERA. Stroman has been equally effective, with a 2-0 record and a 2.53 ERA. MLB Picks Computer and MLB Picks Emp have also predicted solid performances for the Cubs' pitching staff, with the team projected to have one of the best ERA's in the league. MLB Today Experts have highlighted the Cubs' bullpen as a strength of the team, with RHP Brandon Hughes and RHP Keegan Thompson expected to have breakout seasons. The team's relievers have been stellar so far, posting a 2.51 ERA and a 1.00 WHIP. MLB Picks and Parlay and MLB Experts Picks Today have also predicted success for the Cubs' pitching staff, with the team projected

Cubs: Hitting Analysis

The Chicago Cubs are in a strong position this MLB season, with analysts and experts predicting a successful run. Computer MLB picks and MLB picks and parlays all indicate a promising outlook for the Cubs, with their hitting analysis playing a large part in these predictions. MLB experts and MLB today experts have been closely watching the Cubs' batting order, with some calling it one of the strongest in the league. The team's offensive performance so far this season has been impressive, with an average of 5.75 runs/game and a total of 181 total bases/game. Some key players to watch include Patrick Wisdom, who leads the team with four home runs and seven RBIs, and Dansby Swanson, who boasts a .356 batting average and a .420 OBP. Other notable contributors to the Cubs' offensive prowess include Eric Hosmer, who has nine RBIs, and Max Muncy, who has six home runs and 14 RBIs for the Los Angeles Dodgers. When it comes to the Cubs' betting odds, the team is also looking good. Best MLB bets today and MLB picks with spread are favoring the Cubs in their upcoming game against the Dodgers. The odds for this game are set at +192 for the Cubs and -235 for the Dodgers, with an over/under of 8.5 runs. Overall, based on

 

Dodgers: Pitching Analysis

The Los Angeles Dodgers have been known for their strong pitching staff over the years, and this season is no exception. MLB picks experts and MLB picks computers have predicted the Dodgers to have one of the best pitching staffs in the league, with top-notch starters and relievers. MLB picks and predictions from experts have placed the Dodgers as one of the top teams to beat in the upcoming season. Starting with the probable pitchers for the Cubs vs. Dodgers matchup on April 16, 2023, Drew Smyly will be taking the mound for the Cubs against Julio Urias for the Dodgers. Smyly has had a slow start to the season, with an ERA of 6.52 and a WHIP of 1.45. On the other hand, Urias has been dominant, with an ERA of 1.50 and a WHIP of 0.83, making him a top MLB pick today and one of the best pitchers in the league. Looking at the overall performance of the pitching staff, the Dodgers have a solid record of 7-7, with a 4-3 home record. The team has a respectable team ERA of 4.57, which ranks them 18th in the league, and an opposing team batting average of .258, which puts them in the middle of the pack. However, the

Dodgers: Hitting Analysis

The Dodgers have been one of the most consistent teams in terms of hitting, with an offense that ranks 2nd in runs per game and 4th in total bases per game. They have a slugging percentage of .482, which ranks 2nd in the league. Additionally, their on-base percentage ranks 6th in the league at .344. One of the strengths of the Dodgers' offense is their power. Their 1.86 home runs per game ranks 2nd in the league, and they have several players who have been hitting for power this season. Max Muncy leads the team with 6 home runs and 14 RBIs, while outfielder AJ Pollock has 5 home runs and 13 RBIs. Their depth also allows them to rest players and still maintain a strong hitting lineup. Another strength is their patience at the plate. The Dodgers have a walk percentage of 13.5%, which ranks 2nd in the league. This helps them extend innings and get on base for their power hitters. They also have a low strikeout percentage at 24.3%, which ranks 19th in the league. Overall, the Dodgers' offense has been consistent and effective this season. They have the depth and power to contend with any pitching staff in the league. MLB picks experts

 

Injury Report

As the Chicago Cubs and Los Angeles Dodgers get ready to face off in their game on April 16, 2023, both teams are fortunate to have no injured players on their rosters. However, injuries have been an issue for both teams in the past, and they will need to stay healthy if they hope to make a deep playoff run. Experts and computer models have been making MLB picks and predictions, and while they cannot account for injuries, they do take them into consideration when making their selections. Today's experts are favoring the Dodgers, with a 69.6% chance of winning the game, while the Cubs have a 30.4% chance. Both teams have been playing well lately, with the Cubs winning four of their last five games and the Dodgers splitting their last four games. As the season progresses, it will be important for both teams to stay healthy and consistent if they want to make it to the playoffs and compete for the World Series. MLB picks and parlays, MLB expert picks today, best MLB bets today, MLB picks with spread, MLB predictions today, MLB picks for today, and MLB picks odds will continue to play an important role in the sports betting landscape throughout the season. But injuries can throw a wrench into even the best laid plans, so both teams will have to hope for good health and luck as they face off

Player Team Position Injury Status
N/A Chicago Cubs N/A No injured players
N/A Los Angeles Dodgers N/A No injured players

 

Prediction:

As we look forward to the Cubs vs. Dodgers game on April 16, 2023, the experts and computer MLB picks are split on who will come out on top. While the Dodgers have a slightly better record at home, the Cubs have a strong offense and defense that could lead them to victory. For today's pick, we're going against the odds and selecting the Chicago Cubs to win. They may not be the favorite according to the MLB picks and odds, but with their strong batting leaders and overall team stats, the Cubs have the potential to pull off an upset. Plus, with a spread of +1.5, they have a buffer in case of a close game. Of course, anything can happen in baseball, and it's important to keep in mind that the predictions and picks are only a guide. But for those looking for the best MLB picks and parlays for today, our prediction is the Chicago Cubs to win with a spread of +1.5.

 

Pick: Cubs +1.5

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $80,704
last 30 days winnings $7,720
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 243 - 148 - 5
Winnings % 61%
Winnings $71,767
last 30 days winnings $13,090
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 251 - 8
Winnings % 59%