Diamondbacks vs Padres Prediction MLB Picks Today 4/20

Diamondbacks vs Padres Prediction MLB Picks Today 4/20

© Orlando Ramirez-USA TODAY Sports

 

Padres vs Diamondbacks (Apr20,2023) Pregame Preview

The San Diego Padres will travel to Arizona on April 20, 2023, to take on the Diamondbacks in a National League West matchup. Both teams have started the season on a mixed note, with the Padres holding a 9-11 record and the Diamondbacks at 11-8. As the game approaches, MLB experts, picks, and computer predictions will be available all over the internet, with predictions and analysis being shared on various platforms. The Padres will send Michael Wacha to the mound as their starting pitcher, who has a current record of 2-1 and an ERA of 6.06. On the other hand, the Diamondbacks will have Ryne Nelson as their starter, who has a record of 1-0 with an ERA of 3.71. With both pitchers having average performances so far, the game may come down to the performance of the teams' batters. The Padres, led by Xander Bogaerts and Nelson Cruz, will look to build on their recent good form, while the Diamondbacks will rely on Corbin Carroll and Christian Walker to provide the offensive spark. However, predictions and analysis aside, this game can go either way, making it an exciting matchup for both teams. Be sure to tune in on April 20, 2023, to find out how the game plays out and stay updated with the latest MLB picks, experts, and predictions, offering insights on everything from the spread to the over/under.

 

Padres: Pitching Analysis

As the San Diego Padres continue to push for a playoff spot, their pitching staff will play a crucial role in their success. MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer, and MLB picks em predict that the Padres' pitching staff will come out on top against their upcoming opponent, the Arizona Diamondbacks, in their game on April 20, 2023. Michael Wacha will take the mound for the Padres as starting pitcher, while Ryne Nelson will start for the Diamondbacks. According to MLB today experts, MLB picks, and parlay, the Padres are favored to win this game with a 40.7% chance, compared to the Diamondbacks' 59.3% chance. In terms of overall performance, the Padres currently have a 9-11 record, 4-3 away record, and 3-8 record as favorites. On the other hand, the Diamondbacks have an 11-8 record, 5-2 home record, and 11-6 record as underdogs. However, the Padres have an advantage in run line performance, with a record of 9-11 overall and 4-3 as favorites, while the Diamondbacks are 11-8 overall and 13-6 as underdogs. Looking at the pitching statistics, the Padres have an earned run average of 4.30, which ranks them 16th in the league. They have an average of 4.26 earned runs against per game, with a WHIP of 1.391. The Padres have also turned double plays well, with an average of 1.00 per game and only 0.26 errors per game. Overall, the Padres' pitching staff has shown solid performances this season, which makes them a good bet for MLB expert picks today and the best MLB bets today. As long as the Padres' pitchers can bring their A-game to the mound, they will be a strong force this season.

Padres: Hitting Analysis

The Padres have been a hot topic among MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks. The team has been making waves with their impressive offense, led by players like Xander Bogaerts and Nelson Cruz. MLB picks and parlay predictions suggest that the Padres will continue to dominate at the plate in their upcoming game against the Diamondbacks on April 20, 2023. According to MLB today experts, the Padres are favored to win with a 40.7% chance of victory, based on analytics. MLB picks computer predictions also lean in favor of the Padres, with a 59.3% chance of winning. The Padres have been performing well, with a record of 9-11 and a 4-3 record away from home. They are also favored in MLB picks with spread bets and have been making the best MLB bets today. The Padres' batting leaders, including Bogaerts and Carroll, have been instrumental in the team's success. They have been hitting home runs and driving in runs, contributing to the team's overall batting average. MLB picks and parlays suggest that the Padres will continue to dominate at the plate in their upcoming game against the Diamondbacks. Looking at the team statistics, the Padres have been performing well in some areas, while lagging behind in others. Their offense value ranks at #21, while their defense value ranks at #20. The team has been hitting an average of .224, with a total of 3.79 runs per game. They have also been slugging at .384 and have an on-base percentage of .309. While the Padres have some areas to work on, they are still a force to be reckoned with at the plate. MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks predict that the team will come out on top in their upcoming game against the Diamondbacks. Fans can expect to see some exciting plays and impressive hitting from the Padres in this matchup.

 

Diamondbacks: Pitching Analysis

As the Padres take on the Diamondbacks on April 20th, 2023, pitching analysis will be a key factor in determining the outcome of the game. MLB Picks experts, MLB Picks computer, and MLB Picks and Parlay are all providing predictions for the game, but what do the experts say? The probable pitchers for this game are Michael Wacha for the San Diego Padres and Ryne Nelson for the Arizona Diamondbacks. Wacha has had a rough start to the season with a 2-1 record and a 6.06 ERA, while Nelson has a 1-0 record and a 3.71 ERA. However, it's important to note that Wacha has historically been a solid pitcher with a career ERA of 4.07, while Nelson is still relatively new to the majors. MLB Picks today experts predict that the Diamondbacks have a 59.3% chance of winning this game, while the Padres have a 40.7% chance of winning. MLB Picks with spread and MLB Picks odds both favor the Diamondbacks in this matchup. MLB Picks em predictions and MLB expert picks today suggest that the Diamondbacks have the advantage when it comes to pitching. However, anything can happen in baseball, and the Padres could still come out on top if their offense performs well. In any case, this promises to be an exciting matchup between two National League West rivals. The game will take place at Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona, with a gametime weather of 84 degrees. Will the Diamondbacks continue their winning streak, or will the Padres come out with a hard-earned victory? Only time will tell.

Hitting Analysis:

The Padres are considered by many MLB experts to be the favorites to win, with a 59.3% chance according to analytics. However, anything can happen in baseball and that's why the game is played on the field, not on paper. When it comes to MLB picks and parlays, there are many factors to consider. The Diamondbacks will rely on their top hitters, Xander Bogaerts and Corbin Carroll, who have both hit four home runs so far this season. On the other side, the Padres will look to Nelson Cruz, who leads the team with 12 RBIs and two home runs. In terms of MLB picks with spread and MLB predictions today, the Diamondbacks will need to focus on improving their defense, as they currently rank 21st in the league in defense value. Meanwhile, the Padres have a strong pitching staff, with Michael Wacha expected to start on the mound for San Diego. Overall, the best MLB bets today may lean towards the Padres, but anything can happen in baseball. Fans can't wait to see which team will come out on top in this exciting matchup.

Injury Report:

The San Diego Padres are dealing with some key injuries heading into their matchup against the Arizona Diamondbacks on April 20, 2023. Fernando Tatis Jr. is suspended and will not be available for the game, while Luis Campusano (C), Drew Pomeranz (SP), Joe Musgrove (SP), and Nabil Crismatt (RP) are all on the injured list. On the other hand, the Diamondbacks have no injured players, giving them an advantage in terms of roster depth. While injuries can always impact the outcome of a game, MLB picks experts and computers are still predicting a close matchup between the Padres and Diamondbacks. MLB picks and parlay options are available, with MLB experts picks for today and the best MLB bets today being picked with spread and odds in mind. Despite their recent struggles, the Padres are favored with a -135 moneyline consensus pick, while the run line is set at -1.5 for the Padres, +1.5 for the Diamondbacks, and the over/under at 9.5. It's important to note that if you want exclusive PickCenter analysis, you must be a subscriber. In terms of overall performance, the Padres have a 9-11 record and are 4-3 away, while the Diamondbacks have an 11-8 record and are 5-2 at home. 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Fernando Tatis Jr. San Diego Padres RF Suspension
Luis Campusano San Diego Padres C 10-day IL
Drew Pomeranz San Diego Padres SP 15-day IL
Joe Musgrove San Diego Padres SP 15-day IL
Nabil Crismatt San Diego Padres RP 15-day IL

 

Prediction

After analyzing the stats and examining the pitching matchups, our experts have determined that the San Diego Padres are the best MLB pick for today's game against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Despite their recent struggles, the Padres have a strong offense and will be facing an inconsistent Diamondbacks pitching staff. Our computer models also predict a win for the Padres, so we are confident in our selection. Best MLB bets today include taking the Padres with the spread, as they have been performing better on the road this season. We also recommend considering parlaying the Padres with other favorable matchups to increase potential winnings. 

 

Pick: Padres ML

Winnings $84,090
last 30 days winnings $0
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1285 - 1108 - 96
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $78,000
last 30 days winnings $0
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 607 - 394 - 11
Winnings % 59%