Diamondbacks vs Nationals Prediction MLB Picks Free 5/5

Diamondbacks vs Nationals Prediction MLB Picks Free 5/5

© Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports

 

Nationals vs. Diamondbacks (May 5, 2023) Game Preview: MLB Picks, Predictions & Odds

The Washington Nationals will visit the Arizona Diamondbacks for a game on May 5, 2023. As baseball fans gear up for this exciting matchup, MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer analyses have been working overtime to provide the best MLB picks and parlay predictions for today. With both teams having their ups and downs this season, the game could swing either way, and it’s always a good idea to check out what the MLB experts have to say before placing any bets. The Nationals currently have a record of 13-18 and are 7-6 away from home. However, they’ve been the underdog in most of their games this season, and they’ve managed a surprising 19-12 record against the spread. On the other hand, the Diamondbacks have been a more consistent team with a record of 17-14, and they’ve been solid at home with an 8-6 record. They’ve been the favorite in most of their games this season and have an 18-13 record against the spread. The MLB picks and predictions for this game will undoubtedly be influenced by the probable pitchers, with Josiah Gray expected to start for the Nationals and Merrill Kelly expected to take the mound for the Diamondbacks. Both pitchers have similar records and ERAs this season, but anything can happen on the field, and the game could come down to a couple of key plays. Overall, this game promises to be an exciting matchup between two teams fighting to improve their records and stay in contention. Baseball fans will surely be on the edge of their seats, especially those who enjoy making MLB picks and parlays. Check the latest MLB picks and odds, and don't forget to tune in for the live score of Nationals vs. Diamondbacks on May 5, 2023, at Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona.

 

Nationals: Pitching Analysis

The Washington Nationals have had some struggles on the mound this season, but with some key additions and improvements, their pitching staff could turn things around. Starting pitcher Josiah Gray has been a bright spot in an otherwise lackluster rotation. With a 2-4 record and a 2.67 ERA, Gray has shown promise as a young hurler. Merrill Kelly is likely to start for the Diamondbacks against the Nationals. He has a 2-3 record and a 3.06 ERA so far this season. In the bullpen, the Nationals have had some struggles, but there are some solid contributors. Kyle Finnegan has been a reliable arm out of the bullpen with a 2.89 ERA and four saves. Hunter Strickland has also been dependable with a 2.79 ERA in 11 appearances. Experts and computer MLB picks and predictions for this game are split between the Nationals and Diamondbacks, but the Nationals have a chance to turn things around and come out on top. Look for Gray to continue to shine on the mound and for the bullpen to lock it down if needed. As for the Diamondbacks, Kelly has the potential to shut down the Nationals' offense, but their bullpen has been unpredictable this season. Ultimately, it could be a close game with both teams having the potential to come out on top. Bettors should consider all the factors, including MLB picks with spread and odds, before making any bets on this game. Nationals: Hitting Analysis The Nationals will be taking on the Diamondbacks on May 5, 2023. MLB picks experts suggest that the Nationals may have a tough time against Arizona's strong pitching lineup. However, with the help of computer MLB picks and predictions, the Nationals could potentially come out on top. MLB today experts have analyzed the Nationals' hitting statistics and have found that their offense has struggled so far this season. With a batting average of .252 and only 3.7 runs per game, the Nationals will need to step up their game against the strong Diamondbacks' pitching staff. MLB picks and parlay experts also suggest that the Nationals will have to work on their hitting with runners in scoring position, as their RISP/Game value is only 3.77. This will be a crucial area of improvement for the Nationals if they hope to come out victorious against the Diamondbacks. Moreover, MLB experts' picks today, the best MLB bets today, and MLB picks with spread all suggest that the Nationals will have to bring their A-game, especially given their underdog status in this matchup. However, with the help of MLB predictions today and MLB picks odds, the Nationals can still come out with a win. If their hitting improves and their pitching staff can hold off the Diamondbacks' strong offense, the Nationals may just be able to pull off an upset.

 

Diamondbacks: Pitching Analysis

The Washington Nationals will take on the Arizona Diamondbacks on May 5, 2023, in a much-anticipated game. MLB Picks experts, MLB Picks computer, and MLB picks' empirical predictions all suggest that the Diamondbacks have the edge in this game. According to MLB today experts, the Diamondbacks have a 64.5% chance of winning, while the Nationals have only a 35.5% chance of winning. MLB picks and parlays suggest that bettors should place their bets on the Diamondbacks for the best MLB bets today. The MLB picks with spread also favor the Diamondbacks, with an expected spread of 1.5 runs. Merrill Kelly is expected to be on the mound for the Diamondbacks, and according to MLB predictions today, he has a good chance of winning. Kelly has a 2-3 record, with an ERA of 3.06, a WHIP of 1.303, and 24 strikeouts. On the other hand, Josiah Gray is expected to pitch for the Nationals. Gray has a 2-4 record, with an ERA of 2.67, a WHIP of 1.28, and 31 strikeouts. However, despite his impressive numbers, MLB expert picks today favor Kelly and the Diamondbacks for this game. Overall, the MLB picks odds and MLB picks and parlays all seem to be in favor of the Diamondbacks for this game. It remains to be seen whether the Nationals can pull off an upset, or if the Diamondbacks will continue their winning streak.

Diamondbacks: Hitting Analysis

As the Diamondbacks take on the Nationals on May 5, 2023, MLB pick experts and computer models are predicting the Diamondbacks to come out on top with a 64.5% chance of winning. The experts have been making their MLB picks and parlaying them for maximum profits, so let's take a closer look at the hitting analysis for this game. The Diamondbacks are currently 17-14 and have been playing their best baseball at home with an 8-6 record at Chase Field. They have a strong offense, with Christian Walker leading the team with seven home runs and 25 RBIs. Their team batting average is .265, which is higher than the Nationals' .252 average. On the other hand, the Nationals are struggling with a 13-18 record and have not been performing well on the road, with a 7-6 record. They are averaging only 3.70 runs per game and have a total bases/game of 11.83. Their pitching has been their saving grace with a 4.36 ERA, which is lower than the Diamondbacks' 4.88 ERA. Overall, the Diamondbacks are the favorites to win this game, with the experts making their MLB picks and predictions based on their strong hitting and home-field advantage. For the best MLB bets today, consider the Diamondbacks to win with the spread and the over/under at 8.5.

 

Injury Report

As with any sport, injuries can play a major role in the outcome of games. It's important to take a look at the injury report for both teams before making any MLB picks or predictions. For the Nationals, Chad Kuhl and Carter Kieboom are both on the 10-day IL, and Corey Dickerson is also listed as day-to-day. On the Diamondbacks side, Kristian Robinson is currently out. While injuries are never ideal, it's important to note that both teams have dealt with their fair share and have adapted accordingly. As always, it's important to stay up-to-date with the latest news and injury reports leading up to game time to ensure the most accurate predictions and MLB picks.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Chad Kuhl Washington Nationals SP 15-day IL
Carter Kieboom Washington Nationals 3B 10-day IL
Corey Dickerson Washington Nationals LF 10-day IL
Kristian Robinson Arizona Diamondbacks CF out

 

Prediction

While some may lean towards the favored Diamondbacks, our pick for this game is the Nationals. The team has been performing well as underdogs and has a strong record as away underdogs. Additionally, the Nationals have a solid run line performance with a record of 19-12 ATS. Of course, nothing is a sure bet in sports, but with the Nationals' strong performance as underdogs and away underdogs, we believe they have a good chance at pulling off the win against the Diamondbacks.

 

Pick: Nationals ML 

Winnings $80,704
last 30 days winnings $7,720
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 243 - 148 - 5
Winnings % 61%
Winnings $71,767
last 30 days winnings $13,090
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 251 - 8
Winnings % 59%