Cubs vs Orioles Prediction MLB Picks Free 6/16

Cubs vs Orioles Prediction MLB Picks Free 6/16

© Jessica Rapfogel-USA TODAY Sports

 

Orioles vs Cubs (Jun 16, 2023) Pregame Preview

The Baltimore Orioles will be facing off against the Chicago Cubs on June 16th, 2023 at 2:20 PM in Wrigley Field. The Orioles have had a strong start to the season with a record of 43-25 and are currently ranked second in the American League East standings. On the other hand, the Cubs have struggled to find their rhythm this season with a record of 31-37 and are currently ranked fourth in the National League Central standings. MLB picks experts have the Orioles favored to win this match-up with a Moneyline of -120. However, the Cubs are known to put up a good fight especially at home with a record of 18-16. 

 

Orioles: Pitching Analysis

The Baltimore Orioles have had a strong start to the season with a 43-25 record and a 21-12 record away from home. A large part of their success has come from their pitching staff, which currently ranks 13th in the league with a 4.15 ERA. Let's take a closer look at the Orioles' pitching staff and what we can expect from them going forward. The Orioles have a solid starting rotation led by left-hander Cole Irvin, who has a 7-8 record with a 3.85 ERA and 82 strikeouts in 98.1 innings pitched. He'll be followed by Kyle Gibson, who has a 5-5 record with a 4.09 ERA and 80 strikeouts in 90.1 innings. Dean Kremer and Tyler Wells round out the rotation, with Kremer posting a 4.70 ERA and 53 strikeouts in 57.1 innings and Wells recording a 4.71 ERA and 56 strikeouts in 49.2 innings. The bullpen has also been a strength for the Orioles, with closer Paul Fry notching 14 saves and a 2.10 ERA in 30 innings pitched. Other notable relievers include Tyler Wells (2.61 ERA in 20.2 innings pitched), Tanner Scott (2.86 ERA in 28.1 innings pitched), and Dillon Tate (3.38 ERA in 26.2 innings pitched). Overall, the Orioles' pitching staff has been solid but not dominant. They'll need to continue to perform at a high level if they want to stay near the top of their division and compete for a playoff spot in the highly competitive American League. Look for the Orioles to make some moves at the trade deadline to bolster their staff and give themselves the best chance at success.

Orioles: Hitting Analysis

The Orioles have been playing great baseball lately with an impressive 43-25 record so far this season. Their success can be attributed to their solid hitting. The team ranks sixth in runs scored per game with an average of 5.00 and they have a slugging percentage of .426, which is seventh best in the league. Ryan Mountcastle leads the team in home runs with 11 and has driven in 39 runs, while Austin Hays boasts a .306 batting average. The Orioles’ offense has been consistent and they have been able to put up runs against some tough pitching staffs. As we approach the matchup against the Cubs on June 16, 2023, MLB picks experts and MLB picks and parlay predictors will have a tough time deciding on the best MLB bets today. However, the Orioles' recent hitting success, along with their favorable odds and spread, make them a good pick for anyone looking to bet on MLB picks with spread or MLB picks odds. The Cubs have struggled defensively this season and currently rank 19th in the league in earned run average. This should create more offensive opportunities for the Orioles. Baltimore is also ranked second in the league in opposition win percentage, which is a testament to their ability to win games against competitive teams. Overall, the Orioles’ hitting looks solid and consistent going into the matchup against the Cubs. With such strong offensive statistics and a track record of success, the Orioles are likely to be a top pick in MLB picks and parlays for the upcoming games.

 

Cubs(Jun16,2023)Pregame: Pitching Analysis

As the Baltimore Orioles and Chicago Cubs prepare to face off on June 16, 2023, MLB picks experts and fans alike are buzzing about the pitching matchups for this game. For the Orioles, left-handed pitcher Cole Irvin will take the mound. Irvin has struggled this season with a record of 1-2 and an ERA of 7.85. He has also given up 18 home runs in just over 45 innings pitched. However, Irvin has shown potential in the past and could be a strong asset for the Orioles if he can find his rhythm. On the other side, the Cubs will send right-handed pitcher Kyle Hendricks to the mound. Hendricks has been one of the team's most reliable pitchers this season, with a record of 2-3 and an ERA of 3.09. He has also allowed just over one hit per inning pitched and has only given up 6 home runs in over 80 innings pitched. Hendricks will look to build on his successes this season, as the Cubs continue to climb out of the depths of their losing record. MLB experts picks today are favoring the Cubs and their pitching for this game, with the team being listed as a +100 underdog with an over/under of 7.5. MLB picks with spread are also supporting the Cubs, with many predicting a low-scoring game. Overall, while both pitchers have had their struggles this season, Hendricks appears to have the edge in this matchup. If he can continue his solid performances, the Cubs have a good chance of coming out on top in this game.

Cubs(Jun16,2023)Pregame: Hitting Analysis

The Cubs will be taking on the Orioles on June 16, 2023, and the hitting analysis shows that the Cubs have the upper hand. MLB picks experts are predicting the Cubs will win this game based on their hitting performance. MLB picks and parlay experts are also predicting that the Cubs will win this game by one run. MLB experts picks today show that the Cubs have been performing better than the Orioles in terms of hitting and scoring. The best MLB bets today are on the Cubs, based on their strong hitting performance. MLB picks with spread suggest that the Cubs will win by at least 2 runs in this game. MLB picks for today also indicate that the Cubs are the favorites to win this game. MLB picks odds show that the Cubs have a 53.1% chance of winning, while the Orioles have only a 46.9% chance. MLB picks and parlays experts suggest that this game will be a close one, with both teams performing well on the field. However, the Cubs' strong hitting performance is likely to give them the edge over the Orioles. In conclusion, based on the hitting analysis, MLB picks experts are predicting that the Cubs will win this game against the Orioles on June 16, 2023. The Cubs' strong hitting performance and scoring ability are likely to give them the upper hand.

 

Injury Report

 

Player Team Position Injury Status
John Means Baltimore Orioles SP 60-day IL
Dillon Tate Baltimore Orioles RP 60-day IL
Mychal Givens Baltimore Orioles RP 15-day IL
Ryan Mountcastle Baltimore Orioles 1B 10-day IL
Austin Voth Baltimore Orioles RP 15-day IL
Brandon Hughes Chicago Cubs RP 15-day IL
Justin Steele Chicago Cubs SP 15-day IL
Brad Boxberger Chicago Cubs RP 15-day IL
Nick Burdi Chicago Cubs RP 60-day IL
Edwin Rios Chicago Cubs DH 10-day IL

 

Prediction

In this upcoming game between the Orioles and Cubs, our MLB experts have analyzed the matchups and come up with the following pick: Baltimore Orioles. While they may not be the favorite, the Orioles have been having a strong season with a 43-25 record and have proven themselves as a top team in the American League East. Their pitching has been solid, with left-hander Cole Irvin taking the mound for this game, and their batting leaders, Ryan Mountcastle and Austin Hays, have been heating up at the plate.

 

Pick: Orioles ML -120

Winnings $83,830
last 30 days winnings ($260)
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1299 - 1121 - 96
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $80,140
last 30 days winnings $2,140
Yesterday winnings $690
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 641 - 422 - 12
Winnings % 59%