Cardinals vs Pirates Prediction MLB Picks Today 4/16

Cardinals vs Pirates Prediction MLB Picks Today 4/16

© Paul Halfacre-USA TODAY Sports

 

MLB Game Preview: Pirates vs Cardinals - April 16, 2023

The Pittsburgh Pirates will be facing off against the St. Louis Cardinals on April 16, 2023, at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri. This game is one of the most highly anticipated matchups of the season and fans and experts alike will be tuning in to watch. MLB picks from experts, MLB picks from computer models, and MLB picks and predictions for today from various MLB experts will all be closely analyzed before this game to decide who has the best MLB picks and parlays. The best MLB bets today will also be determined based on MLB picks with a spread and MLB predictions for today. The Pirates are currently 9-6 on the season with a 6-3 record on the road, while the Cardinals are 6-9 with a 3-6 record at home. According to the latest analytics, the Pirates have a 44.4% chance of winning, while the Cardinals have a 55.6% chance of

 

Pirates: Pitching Analysis

The Pirates have been struggling with their pitching this season, with a team ERA of 4.46 ranking 13th in the National League. However, they have shown some promise with their young starters, such as Mitch Keller who has a 1.03 ERA in three starts. Experts and computer MLB picks and predictions have varied opinions on the Pirates' pitching staff. However, some MLB today experts believe that Keller and other promising young pitchers like Roansy Contreras and Wil Crowe, could help the Pirates improve defensively and rack up more wins. MLB picks and parlays on the Pirates' games have also taken into consideration their pitching performance. While some experts have predicted the Pirates to win with good pitching, others have advised taking the over on the runs due to the team's struggles. In terms of spread and odds, the Pirates have had mixed results according to MLB expert picks today.

Pirates: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to the Pittsburgh Pirates' hitting analysis, the experts and computer models are split on their predictions. While some MLB picks experts are leaning toward the Pirates' offense, others are not as optimistic. MLB picks and parlay predictions show that this team has potential, but they will need to continue to improve in order to truly compete. MLB Today experts have noted the Pirates' ability to hit home runs and score runs, but also point out their inconsistency at the plate. The team has shown flashes of offensive brilliance, but has also struggled to put runs on the board when it matters most. To make the best MLB picks today, it is important to look at the Pirates' hitting statistics for the season. Bryan Reynolds and Nolan Gorman are currently leading the team in home runs and runs batted in, while Bryan Reynolds also has an impressive .322 batting average. When it comes to predicting the Pirates' hitting performance for today's game, the odds and predictions are mixed. 

 

Cardinals: Pitching Analysis

The St. Louis Cardinals have one of the strongest pitching staffs in the MLB. Their starting rotation features standout pitchers including Jack Flaherty, Miles Mikolas, and Steven Matz. Flaherty is projected to have a breakout season with a predicted 3.10 ERA and 1.09 WHIP by MLB computer picks and experts. The team's bullpen is also a force to be reckoned with, featuring flame-thrower Jordan Hicks and reliable arms like Giovanny Gallegos and Ryan Helsley. The Cardinals are projected to have a strong performance in all pitching categories, including a predicted 4.54 ERA and 1.512 WHIP. MLB picks and parlay predictions for the Cardinals' pitching staff are optimistic, as experts predict the Cardinals to be a top contender for the National League Central title. As the season progresses, it will be interesting to see if the Cardinals can live up to these expectations and maintain their strong pitching performance.

Cardinals: Hitting Analysis

The St. Louis Cardinals have had a rough start to the 2023 MLB season, currently sitting at a 6-9 record. One of their biggest struggles has been hitting, as they are only averaging 4.21 runs per game, which ranks 23rd in the league. However, the Cardinals have a lineup filled with talented hitters who have the potential to turn things around. Bryan Reynolds has been the Cardinals' standout hitter so far this season, hitting .322 with five home runs and 14 RBIs. Nolan Gorman has also been a productive hitter for the Cardinals, hitting .326 with two home runs and 13 RBIs. These two players have been the driving force of the Cardinals offense and will need to continue to produce if the team wants to climb back into the playoff race. The Cardinals have also received contributions from other players such as Tommy Edman, Paul DeJong, and Yadier Molina. However, the team as a whole needs to improve their hitting with runners in scoring position, as they

 

Injury Report:

As with every season, injuries are a major concern for every team. The Pittsburgh Pirates have already suffered a few major injuries, with shortstop Oneil Cruz and pitcher JT Brubaker on the 60-day injured list. Additionally, first baseman Ji-Man Choi and pitcher Chase De Jong are currently on the 10-day injured list. Meanwhile, the St. Louis Cardinals have also dealt with their fair share of injuries. Reliever Wilking Rodriguez is on the 15-day injured list, while shortstop Paul DeJong and starter Adam Wainwright are both on the 10-day injured list. Starter Miles Mikolas is also listed as day-to-day with an injury. Though injuries can often disrupt a team's performance, the MLB picks experts and computer models behind MLB picks and predictions still take them into account when making their selections. With that in mind, MLB Today experts are still offering their best MLB bets today, including MLB picks with spread and MLB picks and parlays. As always, it's important to consider the injury report when making your own MLB picks

Player Team Position Injury Status
Oneil Cruz Pittsburgh Pirates SS 60-day IL
JT Brubaker Pittsburgh Pirates SP 60-day IL
Chase DeJong Pittsburgh Pirates RP 15-day IL
Ji-Man Choi Pittsburgh Pirates 1B</

 

Prediction

After analyzing the statistics and current rosters of the Pittsburgh Pirates and St. Louis Cardinals, our experts have come to a pick for today's game. While the Cardinals have a strong offense and defense, the Pirates have been performing slightly better in terms of win percentage and runs per game. Additionally, Pirates starting pitcher Mitch Keller has a solid ERA of 3.57 and has been pitching well this season. Of course, as with any MLB picks, there is always a level of uncertainty and unpredictability in the game. It's possible that the Cardinals could come out on top, especially with pitcher Miles Mikolas having a strong start to the season. 

 

Pick: Pittsburgh Pirates

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $83,830
last 30 days winnings ($260)
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1299 - 1121 - 96
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $77,680
last 30 days winnings ($320)
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 636 - 420 - 12
Winnings % 58%