Cardinals vs Pirates Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/15

Cardinals vs Pirates Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/15

© Jeff Curry-USA TODAY Sports

 

Game Preview: Pirates vs Cardinals - April 15, 2023

It's an NL Central showdown as the Pittsburgh Pirates take on the St. Louis Cardinals on April 15, 2023. Both teams are looking to climb the standings and secure a spot in the postseason. MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer, and MLB picks emp predictions are all weighing in on this game, and the MLB today experts have offered their expert opinions on which team will come out on top. Both teams have had their struggles early in the season, but as the season progresses, the competition is only going to get tougher. In this article, we will take a closer look at the matchups and make our best MLB picks and parlay for this game, with predictions from the best MLB experts picks today. Don't miss out on the action as the Pirates take on the Cardinals in what is sure to be an exciting game.

 

Pirates: Pitching Analysis

The Pittsburgh Pirates have had a solid start to the 2023 MLB season with an 8-5 record through their first 13 games. However, their success has largely been attributed to their offense, which has scored 4.31 runs per game and boasts a .231 team batting average. It's their pitching staff that has been a point of concern. Roansy Contreras has been the Pirates' best starter so far, with a 1-1 record and a 0.00 ERA through two starts. However, he has only pitched 5.2 innings and has yet to face a lineup as potent as the St. Louis Cardinals. The rest of the rotation has struggled, with Steven Matz posting an 0-2 record and an 8.18 ERA in his first two starts. The bullpen has also had its issues, with closer Robert Stephenson blowing a save and surrendering three earned runs in just one inning of work. Overall, the Pirates' pitching staff has a 4.54 ERA, which ranks 17th in the league.

Pirates: Hitting Analysis

The Pittsburgh Pirates have started the season with a record of 8-5, and their offense has been a key factor in their success so far. With an average of 4.31 runs per game, the Pirates sit in the middle of the pack in terms of offensive production. However, they have shown the ability to hit for power, as they rank eighth in the league with an average of 1.31 home runs per game. Bryan Reynolds has been the standout hitter for the Pirates thus far, leading the team with five home runs and 14 RBIs while batting .340. Nolan Gorman has been the top hitter for the St. Louis Cardinals, with four home runs and 13 RBIs while batting .286. According to MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks and predictions, the Pirates are favored to win the upcoming game against the Cardinals. Their offense will need to continue to produce in order to secure another victory, as the Cardinals have a strong pitching staff led by Steven Matz with an ERA of 2.00. MLB today experts and MLB picks and parlays

 

Cardinals: Pitching Analysis

The Cardinals have had a slow start to the season, and their pitching is one of the main reasons. The team is currently ranked 21st in the MLB in earned run average (4.89) and their WHIP (1.544) is the fourth-worst in the league. Steven Matz, who is set to pitch against the Pirates on April 15th, has a 0-2 record and an ERA of 8.18 in three starts this season. MLB picks experts and computers have not been too kind to the Cardinals' pitching staff, as their record suggests. MLB picks and parlay predictions have not been in their favor, and even the MLB Today experts have a pessimistic outlook on the Cardinals' chances of turning their season around. However, things may slowly be looking up for the Cardinals. Adam Wainwright is set to return from the injured list soon, which will provide a much-needed veteran presence and stability to the rotation. Furthermore, Jack Flaherty and Carlos Martinez have shown glimpses of their potential in their early starts this season

Cardinals: Hitting Analysis

The St. Louis Cardinals are coming off of a disappointing 2022 season, where they finished fifth in the National League Central with a 77-85 record. However, their offense showed some signs of improvement, finishing 13th in the league in runs scored with 725. Heading into the 2023 season, MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks and predictions have the Cardinals ranked in the middle of the pack in terms of hitting. However, there are some areas where they could see improvement and potentially exceed expectations. One area to watch is the performance of newly-acquired third baseman Nolan Gorman. Gorman was acquired from the Arizona Diamondbacks in a mid-season trade last year and showed promise, hitting .286 with four home runs and 10 RBIs in just 10 games. He is expected to have a larger role with the team this season and could provide a boost to their power numbers. The Cardinals also have a solid core of hitters in first baseman Paul Goldschmidt, outfielders Tyler O'Neill and Dylan Carlson, and shortstop Paul DeJong. Goldschmidt

 

Injury Report

Injuries can have a significant impact on a team's performance, especially in the long and grueling MLB season. It's always important to keep an eye on the injury report when making MLB picks, whether you're using expert MLB picks or computer MLB picks. Unfortunately for the Pittsburgh Pirates, they have a few players on the injury report. Shortstop Oneil Cruz and starting pitcher JT Brubaker are both on the 60-day IL, while relief pitcher Chase De Jong is on the 15-day IL. First baseman Ji-Man Choi is also listed as day-to-day. On the other side, the St. Louis Cardinals have a few players dealing with injuries as well. Shortstop Paul DeJong is on the 10-day IL, as is left fielder Lars Nootbaar. Starting pitcher Adam Wainwright was recently placed on the 15-day IL as well. Inohan Paniagua and Tink Hence are both listed as day-to-day. When making MLB picks and predictions, taking into account the injury report can be crucial. It's important to note which players are out and how it could affect the team's

Player Team Position Injury Status
Oneil Cruz Pittsburgh Pirates SS 60-day IL
JT Brubaker Pittsburgh Pirates SP 60-day IL
Chase DeJong Pittsburgh Pirates RP 15-day IL
Ji-Man Choi Pittsburgh Pirates 1B day-to-day</

 

Prediction

After analyzing the stats and information for the Pittsburgh Pirates and St. Louis Cardinals matchup on April 15, 2023, our pick is the St. Louis Cardinals. While the Pirates have been playing well, winning their last five games, the Cardinals have a strong offense and defense that can potentially overpower the Pirates. Many MLB picks and predictions also favor the Cardinals to win this game. Computer simulations and expert analysis suggest that the Cardinals have a 60.9% chance of winning, while the Pirates only have a 39.1% chance. When making MLB picks and parlays, it's important to not always go for the favorite. However, in this case, the Cardinals seem to be the stronger team and the safer bet. Overall, the best MLB bet for today is to take the Cardinals to win with the spread at -1.5. 

 

Pick: Cardinals -1.5

Winnings $81,845
last 30 days winnings $295
Yesterday winnings $760
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 718 - 482 - 13
Winnings % 58%
Winnings $75,787
last 30 days winnings $1,020
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 405 - 262 - 8
Winnings % 59%