Cardinals vs Braves Prediction MLB Picks and Parlays 4/4

Cardinals vs Braves Prediction MLB Picks and Parlays 4/4

© Jeff Curry-USA TODAY Sports

 

MLB Picks Experts Predictions: Braves vs Cardinals

On April 4, 2023, the Atlanta Braves and St. Louis Cardinals will face off in what's sure to be an exciting game. Both teams have had a strong start to the season, with a 2-1 record heading into this matchup. MLB Picks experts and computer models are split on the outcome, with some leaning towards the Braves and others favoring the Cardinals. The Braves come into the game with a solid offense, averaging 5 runs per game and boasting a .262 batting average. Catcher Travis d'Arnaud has been a standout player, hitting .462 with 3 RBIs. Pitcher Dylan Dodd will take the mound for the Braves, looking to build on his strong performance in his last outing. The Cardinals have been even more impressive offensively, averaging 7.33 runs per game and leading the league in batting average at .373. First baseman Paul Goldschmidt has been a standout performer, hitting .500 with a .571 on-base percentage and .583 slugging percentage. 

 

Braves: Pitching Analysis

The Atlanta Braves are off to a strong start in the 2023 MLB season, holding a 2-1 record after their first series against the Washington Nationals. One key reason for their success has been their pitching staff, which has held opponents to just four runs over three games. Dylan Dodd, the Braves' left-handed starter, has been impressive in his first start of the season. He allowed just one run over five innings while striking out five batters. Steven Matz will take the mound for the Cardinals in the upcoming game against the Braves. According to MLB picks by experts and computer MLB picks, the Braves are the underdogs in this game with a 43.4% chance of winning. However, many MLB expert picks today favor the Braves to pull off the upset. In terms of run line and money line consensus picks, the current odds favor the Cardinals at -135. However, the Braves have been a strong underdog pick, with many experts predicting they'll cover the spread of +1.5 runs. 

Braves: Hitting Analysis

The Braves have been on a roll lately, with a 2-1 record in their first three games of the season. For the rest of the season, they’ll need to maintain this momentum, especially in terms of hitting. According to MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks & predictions, the Braves are expected to have a strong hitting game in their next matchup against the Cardinals. Experts at MLB today have predicted that the Braves will have a 43.4% chance of winning, while the Cardinals will have a 56.6% chance. MLB picks and parlays suggest that the Braves will continue their success into the game. The MLB experts’ picks today have indicated that the best MLB bets today include taking the Braves with the spread. The MLB picks with spread also suggest that the Braves will win against the Cardinals. The MLB picks odds are in favor of the contestants, with an over/under of 8.5 runs expected. Overall, the experts predict a strong hitting game for the Braves, with offensive leaders such as Matt Olson and Nolan Gorman leading the way. However, they’ll need to stay focused and maintain their performance throughout the game. In

 

Cardinals: Pitching Analysis

The St. Louis Cardinals have started the 2023 MLB season with a 2-1 record, and their pitching staff has been a big reason for their success. The team's pitchers have a combined ERA of 5.00, which places them 22nd in the league. However, they have only allowed 15 hits in three games, which shows that their pitchers have been able to limit their opponents' offense. One standout pitcher for the Cardinals has been left-hander Steven Matz. Matz has started one game this season and allowed only two runs in six innings pitched. He has a 3.00 ERA and has struck out six batters while only allowing one walk. With this performance, Matz has established himself as a reliable starter for the Cardinals. In addition to Matz, the Cardinals have a strong bullpen that has been able to close out games effectively. Closer Jordan Hicks has recorded one save in two appearances, and he has not allowed a run in two innings pitched. Right-handers Giovanny Gallegos and Ryan Helsley have also contributed to the team's success out

Cardinals: Hitting Analysis

The Cardinals have started the season strong with a 2-1 record and impressive offensive numbers. According to MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks and predictions, the Cardinals are favored to continue their success on the hitting front. Their batting leaders include Matt Olson at first base with two home runs and a .364 batting average and Nolan Gorman at third base with six RBIs and a .444 batting average. Travis d'Arnaud at catcher for the Braves also has an impressive .462 batting average. The Cardinals' offense ranks in the top two for total bases/game and slugging percentage, while also having a strong run differential of +7.0. However, they do have a slightly higher strikeout percentage than the Braves at 15.6%. Overall, MLB today experts and MLB picks and parlays predict that the Cardinals will have a strong performance in their upcoming game against the Braves on April 4, 2023. Fans can expect to see impressive hitting from the Cardinals' lineup and potentially a high-scoring game. As always, be sure to check the latest MLB picks and odds before placing any bets on this game. Injury Report Heading into the game, both the Atlanta Braves and St. Louis Cardinals have a few players dealing with injuries. For the Braves, Kyle Wright and Raisel Iglesias are both on the 15-day IL, while Michael Soroka and Daysbel Hernandez are day-to-day. Jesse Franklin Jr. is also day-to-day with an injury, and his status for the game is uncertain. On the Cardinals side, Wilking Rodriguez and Adam Wainwright are both on the 15-day IL, while Paul DeJong and Lars Nootbaar are both on the 10-day IL. Jose Fermin is day-to-day for the Cardinals, and it remains to be seen if he will be available to play in the game. The injury report could have an impact on the game, as both teams will need to adjust their lineups and pitching rotations accordingly. It will be interesting to see how the teams handle the injuries and how it affects the outcome of the game.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Kyle Wright Atlanta Braves SP 15-day IL
Michael Soroka Atlanta Braves SP day-to-day
Daysbel Hernandez Atlanta Braves RP day-to-day
Jesse Franklin Atlanta Braves CF day-to-day
Raisel Igles

 

Prediction:

After analyzing the stats and current rosters of both teams, our experts and computer MLB picks predict a close game between the Braves and Cardinals. However, our pick for this game is the Cardinals. They have a strong offense and defense, and their current roster is filled with talented players. Plus, they have a great record at home. And for those looking for the best MLB bets today, consider adding the Cardinals to your parlay or mlb picks with spread. 

 

Pick: Cardinals

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $80,704
last 30 days winnings $9,330
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 243 - 148 - 5
Winnings % 61%
Winnings $84,140
last 30 days winnings $2,450
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 696 - 463 - 13
Winnings % 58%