Blue Jays vs Tigers Prediction MLB Picks Free 4/12

Blue Jays vs Tigers Prediction MLB Picks Free 4/12

© Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports

 

MLB Game Preview: Detroit Tigers vs Toronto Blue Jays

The struggling Detroit Tigers will take on the Toronto Blue Jays in an American League clash on April 12th, 2023 at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario. According to MLB picks experts, the Blue Jays are heavy favorites with a 77.3% chance of winning, while the Tigers stand at 22.7%. MLB picks computer and predictions also favor the Blue Jays, who boast a 6-4 record with a 0-0 home record, while the Tigers sit at 2-7 with a 2-4 away record. MLB today experts have already made their MLB picks and parlay, with most favoring the Blue Jays to win the game. However, MLB experts picks today suggest that the Tigers could pull off an upset if their pitching and batting improve. Stay tuned for the full analysis and best MLB bets today, including MLB picks with spread and MLB predictions today.

 

Tigers: Pitching Analysis

The Detroit Tigers have had a rough start to the 2023 MLB season, with a record of 2-7 as of April 12, 2023. The pitching staff has struggled, with an ERA of 6.84 which ranks 29th in the league. However, there are a few bright spots in the rotation. Left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez, acquired in the offseason, has been one of the few bright spots on the pitching staff. In two starts, he has a 2.30 ERA with 12 strikeouts in 15.2 innings pitched. He will be taking the mound against the Toronto Blue Jays on April 12, 2023. Another promising young arm is Spencer Turnbull, who has shown flashes of potential in his career. In two starts this season, he has a 3.09 ERA with 12 strikeouts in 11.2 innings pitched. If he can continue to develop, he could provide a solid option in the rotation. Overall, the Tigers pitching staff

Tigers: Hitting Analysis

The Detroit Tigers have struggled at the plate this season, with a team batting average of just .205 and an average of only 3 runs per game. The team's lack of offensive production has contributed to their 2-7 record, placing them at the bottom of the American League Central standings. MLB picks experts and computer predictions have not been favorable for the Tigers thus far. They have been consistently projected to lose in most of their games, and their recent performance supports these predictions. However, it's important to note that it's still early in the season and the Tigers have the potential to turn things around. MLB today experts have stated that the Tigers' best chance for improvement lies in their hitting. The team has shown glimpses of power with Jake Rogers leading the way with 2 home runs. The Tigers' young core of hitters, including Spencer Torkelson and Matt Vierling, also have the potential to contribute more to the team's offense. MLB picks and parlay experts suggest that the Tigers should

 

Blue Jays: Pitching Analysis

When it comes to predicting MLB picks, experts often rely on a combination of human analysis and computer algorithms. As we look at the Blue Jays' pitching lineup, both methods point to a promising season ahead. MLB picks and parlay predictions consider the overall performance of the team, which includes evaluating the starting rotation and bullpen. Currently, the Blue Jays have a strong starting rotation with Eduardo Rodriguez expected to lead the charge as the team's left-handed starting pitcher. He will face off against Detroit Tigers' right-handed starting pitcher Kevin Gausman, who has shown promise but needs to work on consistency. Looking at MLB picks today, many experts have given the Blue Jays the edge in this matchup. Baseball analysts like the team's chances of winning, based on their strong pitching lineup and overall talent. Furthermore, MLB picks with spread show the Blue Jays favored, with an expected run line of -1.5. This means the Blue Jays are predicted to win by more than one run. Similarly, MLB picks odds suggest

Blue Jays: Hitting Analysis

The Blue Jays have been a competitive team over the past few years, and they seem to be headed in the right direction again in 2023. With a strong offense that is backed by their solid pitching staff, the Blue Jays have the potential to make it deep into the playoffs this year. Experts and computer picks are already predicting a positive season for the Blue Jays, with MLB picks and parlay bets heavily favoring the team. MLB today experts are also predicting wins for the Blue Jays, and fans can expect the best MLB bets today to involve this team. One area where the Blue Jays shine is their hitting. The team boasts some of the most talented hitters in the league, including Bo Bichette and Matt Chapman. These players, along with the rest of the Blue Jays lineup, have been hitting at an incredibly high level so far this season. This is reflected in the team's stats, with the Blue Jays ranking first in batting average and runs/game. Their offense is a force to be reckoned with, and they have been consistently

 

Injury Report

As with any sports season, injuries can have a major impact on a team's performance. So far this season, both the Detroit Tigers and Toronto Blue Jays have had their fair share of players dealing with injuries. For the Tigers, outfielder Austin Meadows was placed on the 10-day injured list on April 8th, and infielder Wenceel Perez has been listed as day-to-day. Starting pitcher Michael Lorenzen is also on the 15-day injured list, while pitcher Jackson Jobe is listed as day-to-day. On the Blue Jays side, pitcher Ricky Tiedemann is listed as day-to-day, while pitcher Brandon Barriera is out. Pitchers Trent Palmer and Irv Carter are also listed as day-to-day. These injuries could certainly impact the performance of both teams, particularly if key players are unable to return to the lineup in a timely manner. MLB picks experts and computers will need to take these injuries into account when making their MLB picks and predictions for today's games. 

 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Austin Meadows Detroit Tigers RF 10-day IL
Wenceel Perez Detroit Tigers 2B Day-to-day
Michael Lorenzen Detroit Tigers SP 15-day IL
Jackson Jobe Detroit Tigers SP Day-to-day

 

Prediction

There are several reasons why the Blue Jays are favored to win this game against the Tigers. First, the Blue Jays have a better record than the Tigers, with a 7-4 record compared to the Tigers' 2-8 record. Additionally, the game is being played at home for the Blue Jays, which could give them an advantage.

Furthermore, the Blue Jays have a strong offense with a batting average of .288, which is higher than the Tigers' .205 average. The Blue Jays have also hit more home runs with 10 compared to the Tigers' 5. The Blue Jays' offense is led by Bo Bichette, who has four home runs and nine RBIs so far this season.

On the pitching side, the Blue Jays' Kevin Gausman has been outstanding with a 0.00 ERA in 12 innings pitched and 14 strikeouts. In contrast, the Tigers' Eduardo Rodriguez has struggled with a 6.30 ERA in 10 innings pitched and six strikeouts.

Based on these factors, it is reasonable to expect that the Blue Jays will win the game against the Tigers. However, as with any sports game, there is always a chance for an upset, and the Tigers could come out strong and surprise the Blue Jays.

 

Pick: Blue Jays -1.5

Winnings $84,090
last 30 days winnings $0
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1285 - 1108 - 96
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $78,000
last 30 days winnings $0
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 607 - 394 - 11
Winnings % 59%