Blue Jays vs Rays Prediction MLB Picks Free 4/16

Blue Jays vs Rays Prediction MLB Picks Free 4/16

© John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Sports

 

MLB Game Preview: Rays vs. Blue Jays - April 16, 2023

The Tampa Bay Rays take on the Toronto Blue Jays in a matchup of two top teams in the American League. The Rays come into the game with a 13-2 record and are 3-2 on the road, while the Blue Jays have a 10-5 record and are 4-1 at home. Both teams have been on a roll as of late, and fans can expect to see a lot of fireworks in this game. MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer predictions have favored the Rays in this matchup, but anything can happen in baseball. In this MLB preview, we'll take a look at both teams' recent performances, their probable pitchers, and injury reports to provide you with the best MLB picks and predictions for this game. So, get ready for an exciting matchup between two top teams in the American League!

 

Rays: Pitching Analysis

The Tampa Bay Rays are off to a hot start this season, boasting a 13-2 record entering their April 16 game against the Toronto Blue Jays. One of the primary reasons for their success has been their pitching staff. According to MLB picks experts and computer predictions, the Rays have been one of the top pitching teams in the league this season. Their staff has helped them become the consensus pick for the game against the Blue Jays, with odds favoring them to win. The Rays have been especially dominant on the mound when it comes to run prevention. Their 2.45 ERA is the lowest in the league, and they've only allowed more than three runs in a game twice this season. Left-handed pitcher Shane McClanahan has been a standout performer for the Rays, compiling a 3-0 record with a 1.59 ERA and striking out 21 batters in 17 innings pitched. He will be the probable starting pitcher against the Blue Jays. Overall, the Rays have been a strong team in terms of pitching, and it will be interesting to see if they can maintain this level of performance throughout the season. As they continue to perform, MLB picks and parlay experts and MLB today experts alike may continue to predict success for Rays: Hitting Analysis The Tampa Bay Rays have been on fire lately, winning 13 of their last 15 games. Their hitting has been a big part of their success, as they have averaged 7.43 runs per game during that stretch. According to MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer, the Rays are favored to win their upcoming game against the Toronto Blue Jays on April 16, 2023. The MLB picks and parlay for this game are also in favor of the Rays, as they have a 57.7% chance of winning, according to analytics. The Rays' top hitters this season have been Brandon Lowe and Wander Franco. Lowe leads the team with 5 home runs and 12 RBIs, while Franco is hitting .339 with a .379 on-base percentage and a .661 slugging percentage. The team has also received contributions from Randy Arozarena, who leads the team with 17 RBIs and 3 home runs. The Blue Jays, on the other hand, have a solid offense led by Bo Bichette and Matt Chapman. Bichette is hitting .368 with 4 home runs and 11 RBIs, while Chapman is hitting .453 with a .517 on-base percentage and a .774 slugging percentage. Overall, the Rays' hitting has

Blue Jays: Pitching Analysis

When it comes to predicting MLB picks, experts use a combination of computer models and their own experience and expertise. And when it comes to the Blue Jays this season, the pitching staff has been a major factor in their success so far. Starting with their probable pitcher for today's game, Alek Manoah has been a standout rookie so far this season. With a 1-0 record and a 4.91 ERA, he's shown potential to be a long-term asset for the team. But Manoah isn't the only one contributing to the Blue Jays' solid pitching performance. Shane McClanahan has also been solid with a 3-0 record and a 1.59 ERA, while Robbie Ray has a 2-1 record with a 1.80 ERA. Overall, the Blue Jays rank 9th in the league for team ERA at 3.42, and their pitching staff has allowed the 3rd fewest hits in the league so far this season. With their strong performance on the mound, the team has been able to stay in close games and come out with more wins than losses. Looking ahead, the Blue Jays will need to continue relying on their pitching staff if they want to maintain their BlueJays: Hitting Analysis When looking at the Blue Jays' hitting performance so far, it's clear that they have a strong offense. With a batting average of .285, they are ranked first in the league. They also have an impressive total bases/game average of 15.36, placing them in the top 10. Their run differential of +4.0 is also noteworthy. MLB Picks Experts and Computer MLB Picks Emp Predictions have the Blue Jays as the favorites to win against Tampa Bay Rays on April 16, 2023. With a consensus pick of -115, the Blue Jays are expected to win by at least 1.5 runs. Bo Bichette and Vladimir Guerrero Jr. have been leading the offensive charge for the Blue Jays. Bichette is hitting .368 with 11 RBI while Guerrero Jr. is hitting .300 with 11 RBI. The rest of the lineup has also been contributing, with Marcus Semien and Teoscar Hernandez providing power with three home runs each. Overall, the Blue Jays' hitting performance has been strong and consistent. With a potent offense led by Bichette and Guerrero Jr., they have the ability to put up runs against any team in the league. Expect the Blue Jays to continue their hitting success throughout the season.

 

Injury Report:

As with every sport, injuries are always a concern for MLB teams and their fans. Heading into the game between the Tampa Bay Rays and the Toronto Blue Jays, there are a few players who are currently dealing with injuries. For the Rays, Tyler Glasnow, Shane Baz, Jeffrey Springs, Ryan Thompson, and Johan Lopez are all currently on the injured list. While this is certainly not ideal for the Rays, they do have a deep roster that should be able to fill in adequately until these players are healthy again. On the other side, the Blue Jays have Brandon Barriera, Trent Palmer, Irv Carter, Jose Berrios, and Jordan Romano all listed as day-to-day with various injuries. Despite this, the Blue Jays have been playing well and should have enough depth to handle any short-term injuries. 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Tyler Glasnow Tampa Bay Rays SP 15-day IL
Shane Baz Tampa Bay Rays SP 60-day IL
Jeffrey Springs Tampa Bay Rays SP Out
Ryan Thompson Tampa Bay Rays RP 15-day IL
Johan Lopez Tampa Bay Rays SS  

 

Prediction

There are several factors that suggest the Tampa Bay Rays are likely to win the game against the Toronto Blue Jays. Here are a few reasons:

Overall Record: The Rays have an impressive record of 13-2 so far this season, while the Blue Jays are at 10-5. This suggests that the Rays have been playing better overall and are likely to continue that trend in this matchup.

Pitching: The probable starting pitcher for the Rays, Shane McClanahan, has been performing well with a record of 3-0 and a low ERA of 1.59. In contrast, the probable starting pitcher for the Blue Jays, Alek Manoah, has a record of only 1-0 and a higher ERA of 4.91. This indicates that the Rays may have the advantage on the mound.

Run Line Performance: The Rays have a strong record of 12-3 against the spread (ATS), while the Blue Jays are at 8-7. This suggests that the Rays have been more consistently beating the spread and may continue to do so in this game.

Matchup Predictor: According to ESPN Analytics, the Rays have a 57.7% chance of winning the game, while the Blue Jays only have a 42.3% chance. While this is not a guarantee, it does suggest that the Rays are more likely to come out on top.

Overall, based on their strong record, pitching performance, and past run line success, it seems likely that the Tampa Bay Rays will win the game against the Toronto Blue Jays. 

 

Pick: Rays 

Winnings $74,767
last 30 days winnings $19,620
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 248 - 8
Winnings % 59%
Winnings $79,704
last 30 days winnings $12,300
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 241 - 147 - 5
Winnings % 61%