Athletics vs Reds Prediction MLB Picks Free 4/28

Athletics vs Reds Prediction MLB Picks Free 4/28

© Sam Greene/The Enquirer / USA TODAY NETWORK

 

Game Preview: Reds vs Athletics (Apr 28, 2023) Pregame

The Cincinnati Reds will take on the Oakland Athletics on April 28, 2023, at Oakland Coliseum. The Reds will be looking to improve their record of 10-15, which includes a disappointing 1-9 away record. The Athletics, on the other hand, have struggled with a 5-21 record, including a 2-10 home record. As both teams look to turn around their seasons, MLB picks experts, computer MLB picks, and MLB picks emp predictions will play a critical role in determining the outcome of this matchup. The probable pitchers for this game are Luis Cessa (0-3, 10.80 ERA) for the Reds and Kyle Muller (0-2, 7.23 ERA) for the Athletics. The Reds' offense will be led by Jason Vosler, who has hit three home runs and has a batting average of .161, while the Athletics will look to Brent Rooker, who has hit seven home runs and has a batting average of .305, to lead their offense. In terms of betting, MLB today experts, MLB picks and parlay, MLB experts picks today, and best MLB bets today will be closely watched by bettors. The MLB picks with spread and MLB predictions today will also be important factors for those looking to place their bets on this game. Both teams have struggled so far this season, but with the right approach, either side can come out on top. As the Reds and Athletics take the field tonight, the matchup predictor currently gives the Reds a 52.7% chance of winning, while the Athletics have a 47.3% chance of winning. .

 

Reds Pitching Analysis: 

As the Cincinnati Reds prepare to face the Oakland Athletics on April 28, 2023, experts and computer-generated MLB picks indicate a fairly evenly matched pitching contest. According to analytics, the Reds have a 52.7% chance of winning, while the Athletics have a 47.3% chance. Looking at the probable pitchers for today’s game, Luis Cessa will take the mound for the Reds as a right-handed pitcher. He currently stands at 0-3 with a 10.80 ERA, 1.78 WHIP, and 7.83 K/9 in 13.1 innings pitched. On the Oakland side, Kyle Muller will start as the left-handed pitcher with a record of 0-2, a 7.23 ERA, 1.41 WHIP, and 7.23 K/9 in 18.2 innings pitched. The Reds’ pitching has struggled this season, ranking 26th in the league for earned run average at 5.01. Their defense, however, ranks 18th in the league for earned run average against at 4.15. In terms of individual performance, no pitcher on the Reds’ roster has recorded more than three wins this season. The Athletics’ pitching has also struggled this season, ranking 24th in the league for run differential at -18.0. Their defense ranks slightly better, at 15th in the league for earned run average against at 4.00. The team's pitching has been hampered by a significant number of injuries, including to starting pitcher Paul Blackburn and catcher Manny Pina, both currently on the 10-day injured list. Despite both teams' pitching weaknesses, today’s game is expected to be a close contest. The Reds will likely rely on their offense, with first baseman Jason Vosler leading the team in home runs with three, while left fielder Brent Rooker leads the Athletics with seven home runs and a .305 batting average. Overall, experts predict that today’s game will be closely fought, with both teams having a chance to win. MLB picks and parlay options are also available, with betting sites offering various options for those looking for the best MLB bets today. MLB Picks Experts Predictions for

Reds: Hitting Analysis

As the Cincinnati Reds prepare to take on the Oakland Athletics on April 28, 2023, both MLB picks experts and computer predictions are pointing in different directions. While some experts are leaning toward the Reds, others are putting their money on the Athletics. But one thing is for sure, the Reds' hitting performance will be a crucial factor in determining their success. Currently sitting at a 10-15 record and 1-9 away, the Reds are looking to turn things around. Their offense is ranked 23rd in the league with a .236 batting average and 4.28 runs per game. Their slugging percentage of .349 ranks 26th and their on-base percentage of .320 ranks 18th. The Reds' pitching staff has an earned run average (ERA) of 5.01, which ranks 26th in the league. Despite this, the Reds do have some standouts at the plate. Jason Vosler leads the team with three home runs and a .161 batting average, while TJ Friedl boasts a .298 batting average and .355 on-base percentage. Jake Fraley leads the team with 12 runs batted in. The Athletics, on the other hand, have a 5-21 record and 2-10 at home. Their offense ranks 29th in the league with 11.36 total bases per game and a .225 batting average. They have a run differential of -50 and their pitching staff has an ERA of 4.15, which ranks 18th in the league. While the Reds will have their work cut out for them, they have the potential to turn things around with some strong hitting performances. MLB picks and parlay bets may vary, but ultimately it will come down to the players' performances on the field. Only time will tell who will come out on top in this matchup.

 

Athletics Pitching Analysis: 

As the Cincinnati Reds visit the Oakland Athletics at Oakland Coliseum tonight, pitching analysis is crucial for both teams. Experts, computer algorithms, and empirical predictions alike have their say on who will come out on top. Starting for the Reds is Luis Cessa, who boasts a 0-3 record with a 10.80 ERA. On the other hand, Kyle Muller will pitch for the Athletics with a 0-2 record and a 7.23 ERA. MLB picks and parlay experts at ESPN predict a close matchup, with a 52.7% chance of the Reds winning and a 47.3% chance of the Athletics winning. The computer algorithms at CBS Sports, on the other hand, give the Reds a stronger edge with a predicted score of 5.1-3.3. Looking at empirical predictions, both teams have struggled in pitching this season, with the Reds having a 5.01 ERA and the Athletics at 4.15. However, the Reds have allowed 183 hits compared to the Athletics' 171 hits. With the Reds' mediocre performance on the road at 1-9, the Athletics may have a slight advantage, especially with Muller having a 2.03 WHIP. While the predictions may differ, it's clear that both teams will need to bring their A-game tonight to clinch the win. It's anyone's game, making for an exciting matchup at Oakland Coliseum.

Athletics: Hitting Analysis 

Taking a closer look at the hitting analysis, the Reds have a slight advantage with a .236 team batting average compared to the Athletics' .225 average. However, the Athletics have a better slugging percentage of .369 compared to the Reds' .319. Brent Rooker of the Athletics is leading the team in batting average with .305 and has hit seven home runs this season with 18 RBI. Meanwhile, the Reds' top hitter, Jason Vosler, has hit three home runs and has a batting average of .161. In terms of pitching, Luis Cessa (0-3, 10.80 ERA) will take the mound for the Reds while Kyle Muller (0-2, 7.23 ERA) will pitch for the Athletics. Cessa has struggled this season with 17 runs and 23 hits allowed in just over 16 innings pitched. Muller, on the other hand, has allowed 13 runs and 17 hits in just over 16 innings this season. MLB experts' picks for today's game are split with some favoring the Reds and others picking the Athletics. The spread for this game is -1.5 for the Reds, with most MLB picks and predictions pointing towards the underdog Athletics to cover the spread. Betting odds for this game also favor the Reds at -125, while the Athletics are at +110. Overall, this matchup between the Reds and Athletics is expected to be a closely contested game, with both teams having their strengths and weaknesses. With MLB picks and experts split over the outcome, it will be interesting to see which team comes out on top.

 

Injury Report

As the Cincinnati Reds prepare to take on the Oakland Athletics on April 28, 2023, both teams will have to deal with some key injuries. Joey Votto of the Reds is currently on the 10-day IL due to a hand injury, while Wil Myers is still out after suffering a hamstring injury on April 27. For the Athletics, Manny Pina is on the 10-day IL after spraining his ankle, while Adrian Martinez is also out due to a shoulder injury. Paul Blackburn and Ramon Laureano are both on the 10-day IL as well, with Drew Rucinski on the 15-day IL. These injuries could have a significant impact on how both teams perform in the upcoming game. MLB picks experts will certainly be taking these injuries into account when making their MLB picks and computer MLB picks predictions for the game. MLB today experts are predicting a close matchup between the Reds and Athletics, with the Matchup Predictor giving Cincinnati a slight edge with a 52.7% chance of winning. However, these predictions could change as more information becomes available about the players' injuries and the overall state of both teams. 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Joey Votto Cincinnati Reds 1B 10-day IL (Apr 24)
Wil Myers Cincinnati Reds RF out (Apr 27)
Graham Ashcraft Cincinnati Reds SP Bereavement (Apr 27)
Manny Pina Oakland Athletics C 10-day IL (Apr 26)
Adrian Martinez Oakland Athletics RP 15-day IL (Apr 26)
Paul Blackburn Oakland Athletics SP 15-day IL (Apr 26)
Ramon Laureano Oakland Athletics RF 10-day IL (Apr 26)
Drew Rucinski Oakland Athletics RP 15-day IL (Apr 27)

 

Prediction

While experts and computer MLB picks may lean towards the Athletics due to their home advantage, it's important not to overlook the Reds. In fact, our pick for this game is the Cincinnati Reds. Despite their losing record, the Reds have shown some strength in their batting leaders, including Jason Vosler and Jake Fraley, and have the potential to score some runs. Additionally, pitcher Luis Cessa has a 0-3 record but a respectable 3.80 ERA, and could potentially have a strong outing against the struggling Athletics lineup.

 

Pick: Reds ML

Winnings $80,704
last 30 days winnings $7,720
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 243 - 148 - 5
Winnings % 61%
Winnings $71,767
last 30 days winnings $13,090
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 251 - 8
Winnings % 59%