Athletics vs Guardians Prediction MLB Picks and Parlays 4/3

Athletics vs Guardians Prediction MLB Picks and Parlays 4/3

© Ken Blaze-USA TODAY Sports

 

MLB Game Preview: Cleveland Guardians vs Oakland Athletics

The Cleveland Guardians will take on the Oakland Athletics on April 3, 2023, in what promises to be an exciting match-up between two American League teams. With both sides boasting impressive lineups and strong pitching, this game could go either way.  Overall, this game promises to be a thrilling match-up between two talented teams, and fans should tune in to see which side comes out on top.

 

Guardians: Pitching Analysis

When it comes to MLB picks and predictions, experts and computer models have had mixed opinions on the Cleveland Guardians' pitching staff. However, after analyzing their recent performances and the matchups ahead, there are some promising signs for the Guardians' pitchers. Starting pitcher Zach Plesac, who is slated to start against the Oakland Athletics on April 3, 2023, has shown consistency and command on the mound. He has an impressive 2-1 record and a 1.86 ERA in his last three starts. Meanwhile, the Athletics' probable starter, James Kaprielian, has struggled in his last three starts, giving up 10 runs in just 12 innings pitched. The Guardians' bullpen has also been solid so far this season. They have a 2-1 record, with closer Emmanuel Clase recording two saves in two opportunities. Their relievers have a combined ERA of 2.84, which ranks in the top half of the league. Overall, the Guardians' pitching staff has the potential to be a strong asset for the team in the upcoming matchup against the Athletics. While there may be some inconsistency, there are several pitchers who have shown the ability to dominate on the mound. It will be interesting to see how they perform against the Athletics lineup on April 3, 2023. 

Guardians’ Hitting Analysis

According to PickCenter, the Guardians are currently favored to win with a 49.2% chance, while the Athletics are close behind with a 50.8% chance of winning. The ATS (against the spread) for the Guardians is 2-1, while the Athletics are 1-1. When it comes to the money line, the consensus pick seems to be leaning towards the Guardians. However, the run line and the over/under are still up in the air. MLB picks and parlays are also available, with experts giving their opinions on the best MLB bets for today. For those looking for the best MLB picks with spread, there are plenty of options to choose from. Overall, the MLB experts’ picks are leaning towards the Guardians, with many citing their strong hitting performance as a key factor in their potential victory. The Guardians’ lineup boasts top batting leaders such as Josh Naylor, Ramon Laureano, and Andres Gimenez. The pitching matchup is also worth noting, with the Guardians’ Zach Plesac facing off against the Athletics’ James Kaprielian. Both pitchers have shown promising performances in the past, and their matchup could be a deciding factor in the game. In terms of injury reports, the Guardians have several players on the IL, including Cody Morris, Triston McKenzie, Sam Hentges, and Ethan Hankins. The Athletics are dealing with their own injury concerns, with Drew Rucinski, Manny Pina, Paul Blackburn, and Freddy Tarnok all currently on the IL. In conclusion, while the Guardians’ hitting performance may tip the scales in their favor, the Athletics are not to be underestimated. This promises to be an exciting matchup, with MLB experts’ picks and predictions adding to the anticipation.

Athletics: Pitching Analysis 

As the Cleveland Guardians face off against the Oakland Athletics for their first game of the season, the focus shifts towards the pitching analysis of both teams. MLB experts and computers have run their analyses to give their predictions for the game. MLB experts predict that the Athletics will come out on top with a 50.8% chance of winning, according to Pick Center analysis. However, that does not mean the Guardians are to be underestimated, as they have a 49.2% chance of winning. Regarding betting picks, experts suggest taking the Guardians to win at +135, while computer models are inclined towards the Athletics with a -160 Moneyline. When it comes to the spread, MLB picks and parlay suggest taking the Guardians with a spread of +1.5 (-165), while predictions from MLB today experts lean towards the Athletics. Overall, the predictions seem to favor the Athletics slightly, but it is important to consider that this is only the first game of the season, and anything can happen. It will be interesting to see how both teams perform on the mound and how their strategies develop throughout the game.

Athletics: Hitting Analysis

Based on the analytics, the Athletics are favored to win with a 50.8% chance of victory. In terms of hitting analysis, the Athletics have struggled early in the season with a batting average of .186 and only one home run in their first two games. However, player Andres Gimenez has stood out with a .300 batting average and a .417 on-base percentage. On the other side, the Guardians' Josh Naylor leads in home runs with one and has a .250 batting average with two RBIs. Both teams are led by strong pitchers with the Guardians' Zach Plesac facing off against the Athletics' James Kaprielian. Plesac has yet to allow a run in his first start of the season, while Kaprielian posted a solid outing with no runs allowed in his debut. Based on the numbers and pitching matchups, experts are making their MLB picks for today and picking the Athletics to come out on top. However, with early season stats and unpredictable outcomes, anything can happen in this matchup.

 

Injury Report

When it comes to making MLB picks, experts use a variety of sources including computer MLB picks, expert MLB picks, MLB picks and parlay, as well as MLB picks with spread. However, one factor that can heavily influence these predictions is the injury report. Both the Cleveland Guardians and Oakland Athletics have several players on the injured list, including Cody Morris, Triston McKenzie, and Sam Hentges for the Guardians, and Drew Rucinski, Manny Pina, Paul Blackburn, and Freddy Tarnok for the Athletics. These injuries can impact the starting lineup and potentially shift the odds of the game. It's important for MLB today experts and MLB picks em to carefully analyze the injury report before making their predictions, as it can be a crucial factor in determining the outcome of the game.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Cody Morris Cleveland Guardians SP 60-day IL
Triston McKenzie Cleveland Guardians SP 15-day IL
Sam Hentges Cleveland Guardians RP 15-day IL
Ethan Hankins Cleveland Guardians SP day-to-day
George Valera Cleveland Guardians RF out
Drew Rucinski Oakland Athletics RP 15-day IL
Manny Pina Oakland Athletics C 10-day IL
Paul Blackburn Oakland Athletics SP 15-day IL
Freddy Tarnok Oakland Athletics RP 15-day IL

 

Prediction

The Guardians have a better record and are on a three-game winning streak, with a strong pitching performance. The Athletics, on the other hand, have a weaker record and are coming off two losses. Zach Plesac, who is starting for the Guardians, had a strong season in 2022 with an ERA of 3.79 and 131 strikeouts in 153 innings pitched. In his last Plesac pitched 6 innings and gave up just 1 run. His performance indicates that he is in good form and is likely to continue pitching well. On the other hand, the Athletics' starting pitcher, James Kaprielian, had a rough season in 2022 with an ERA of 6.51 and 54 strikeouts in 62 innings pitched. In his first start of the 2023 season, Kaprielian gave up 4 runs in 4 innings pitched. This indicates that he may not be in top form and could struggle against a strong Guardians lineup.Additionally, the Guardians' batting leaders have been performing well, giving them an advantage over the Athletics. Lastly, the Guardians have a better overall ERA and WHIP, indicating that their pitching is stronger than the Athletics.

 

Pick: Guardians ML

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $97,650
last 30 days winnings $20,640
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1511 - 1298 - 105
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $92,745
last 30 days winnings $7,070
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 781 - 523 - 14
Winnings % 58%