Astros vs Blue Jays Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/18

Astros vs Blue Jays Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/18

© Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports

 

Game Preview: Toronto Blue Jays vs Houston Astros

The Toronto Blue Jays will face off against the Houston Astros in an exciting MLB matchup on April 18, 2023. Both teams are motivated to secure a win, but who will come out on top? Experts, computers, and predictions are all suggesting different outcomes, making this game even more intriguing. According to MLB picks from experts, the Astros have the upper hand with a 57.0% chance of winning. However, MLB picks from computers give the Blue Jays a slightly better chance with a 43.0% chance of winning. MLB picks and parlays also suggest a tight game, with the consensus pick still up in the air. Both teams have had a mixed season so far, with the Blue Jays holding a record of 10-6 and the Astros at 7-9. However, anything can happen on the day of the game, making MLB expert picks today and MLB picks with spread crucial for making the best MLB bets today. Don't miss out on this exciting matchup and check out the full MLB prediction for today's Blue Jays vs Astros game.

 

Blue Jays: Pitching Analysis

As the Blue Jays continue their quest for a playoff spot, their pitching staff will be a critical component of their success. But what do the experts and computers predict for the team's pitching performance? According to MLB picks and predictions from experts and computers, the Blue Jays have a solid pitching staff that should be able to compete with the best in the league. The team has a 43.0% chance to win their upcoming game against the Astros, according to Analytics, while PickCenter gives them a 50/50 chance to win with an even moneyline. In terms of run line performance, the Blue Jays have an overall record of 10-6 with a 6-4 record away from home. They are 5-5 as favorites and 1-1 as underdogs. The Astros, on the other hand, have an overall record of 7-9 with a 4-6 record at home. They are 8-8 ATS with a 3-5 record as favorites and a 1-1 record as underdogs. The probable pitchers for the upcoming game are Chris Bassitt for Toronto and Jose Urquidy for Houston. 

Blue Jays: Hitting Analysis

The Toronto Blue Jays have been one of the most exciting teams to watch this season, as their offense has been firing on all cylinders. Experts, including MLB picks by computer and MLB picks today by experts, have taken note of their hitting prowess and have even made MLB picks and parlays that include the Blue Jays. The Blue Jays' offense boasts a batting average of .277, which ranks third in the league. They have also scored an average of five runs per game, which places them in the top ten in the league. Their lineup is led by Bo Bichette, who has hit an impressive four home runs and has a batting average of .375. Their offense has also been efficient, as evidenced by their .346 on-base percentage and .410 slugging percentage. As the Blue Jays continue to dominate at the plate, MLB experts picks today have also highlighted the team's success on the road. They have won six out of their ten games away from home and have covered the spread in eight of those games. Looking ahead, MLB picks experts predict that the Blue Jays will continue their hitting streak and make a strong push for the playoffs. With their offense firing on all cylinders, they are definitely a team to watch out for in the

 

Astros: Pitching Analysis

When it comes to pitching analysis, the Astros have been a mixed bag so far this season. Some mlb picks experts predict that the team's pitching will improve as the season progresses, while others believe that they will continue to struggle. Looking at the computer mlb picks and predictions, it seems that the Astros' pitching staff is performing below average. With a team ERA of 4.41, they rank 16th in the league. However, there are some bright spots on the staff, such as pitcher Cristian Javier, who has a 2.57 ERA in three starts. Today's experts mlb picks indicate that Jose Urquidy will be the starting pitcher for the Astros against the Toronto Blue Jays. Urquidy has had a solid start to the season, with a 2.35 ERA in two starts. He will be matched up against Toronto's Chris Bassitt, who has a 1-2 record with a 7.63 ERA. Some of the best mlb bets today may involve taking the over on the game's 9-run total. 

Astros: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to selecting winners in MLB games, experts and enthusiasts alike look to a variety of sources for predictions. While some rely on the opinions of MLB picks experts, others turn to computer-generated MLB picks and predictions. No matter the method, it's clear that the Houston Astros are a team with a lot of potential this season. Looking at MLB today experts' predictions, the Astros seem to be a popular pick for their upcoming games. Their strong batting lineup includes players like Kyle Tucker and Yordan Alvarez, who have been some of the best hitters in the league this year. On the pitching front, the Astros have also been performing well, with Jose Urquidy and Chris Bassitt headlining the rotation. Not only do experts expect the Astros to win games, but they also see potential for them to cover the MLB picks and spread. The Astros have been favored in several games this season and have often exceeded expectations. MLB picks and parlays that include the Astros are considered to be some of the best MLB bets today because of their consistent performance. In addition to their solid record and performance, the Astros also have favorable MLB picks odds. With their combination of talented hitting and pitching, it's no surprise that they are often favored to win games.

 

Injury Report:

Injuries are a common issue in sports, and the MLB is no exception. As teams continue to battle it out on the field, some players may have to sit out due to injuries sustained during gameplay. For the Toronto Blue Jays, relief pitcher Jordan Romano is currently listed as day-to-day after experiencing some discomfort in his right elbow. Meanwhile, starting pitcher Mitch White has been placed on the 15-day injured list due to a strained back. On the Houston Astros side, designated hitter Michael Brantley is currently on the 10-day injured list due to a hamstring strain. Starting pitcher Lance McCullers Jr. has also been placed on the 15-day injured list due to right shoulder soreness. Outfielder Chas McCormick is listed as day-to-day after leaving a recent game with a hand injury. These injuries can certainly have an impact on each team's performance, as they may have to adjust their lineups or bring in replacement players. 

 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Jordan Romano Toronto Blue Jays RP day-to-day (Apr 15)
Mitch White Toronto Blue Jays SP 15-day IL (Apr 17)
Michael Brantley Houston Astros DH 10-day IL (Apr 15)
Lance McCullers Jr. Houston Astros SP 15-day IL (Apr 16)

 

Prediction

Based on the current statistics and performance of both teams, the Houston Astros have a slight advantage over the Toronto Blue Jays for their upcoming game on April 18, 2023. However, every game is unpredictable, and anything can happen on the field. While the Astros may be the favorites, the Blue Jays have the potential to cause an upset and take the win.

 

Pick: Toronto Blue Jays. 

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $97,650
last 30 days winnings $26,030
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1511 - 1298 - 105
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $89,885
last 30 days winnings $6,040
Yesterday winnings ($290)
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 780 - 525 - 14
Winnings % 58%