No. 21 Northwestern Takes on Maryland in Big Ten Battle PREDICTION (2/26/2023)

No. 21 Northwestern Takes on Maryland in Big Ten Battle PREDICTION (2/26/2023)

The No. 21 Northwestern Wildcats will take on the Maryland Terrapins in a Big Ten battle on Sunday. The Wildcats come into this game after a close loss to the Illinois Fighting Illini, where Boo Buie put up an impressive 35 points. Maryland, on the other hand, has been dominant at home, with a 15-1 record at the Xfinity Center. KingPin.pro is here to provide analysis and predictions for this exciting matchup.

Analysis: Northwestern Wildcats

Northwestern has had a solid season so far, with a 20-8 record and an 11-6 record in Big Ten play. Buie has been one of the team's stars this season, averaging 19.2 points over the past 10 games. He is shooting 42.7% from the field and will be looking to continue his impressive form against Maryland. Chase Audige has also been a key contributor, averaging 14.5 points per game and shooting 34.1% from beyond the arc. The Wildcats rank seventh in the Big Ten for offensive rebounds, with Matthew Nicholson leading the way with 2.1 offensive rebounds per game.

Northwestern has won seven of their last ten games and will be looking to bounce back after a close loss to Illinois in their last outing. They have been averaging 67.3 points per game over their last ten games, while also averaging 27.4 rebounds and 12.4 assists per game. The Wildcats have also been solid defensively, averaging 7.6 steals and 3.6 blocks per game over their last ten outings.

Analysis: Maryland Terrapins

Maryland has been dominant at home this season, with a 15-1 record at the Xfinity Center. They have a 19-9 overall record and a 10-7 record in Big Ten play. Jahmir Young has been the team's star player, averaging 16.1 points, 4.8 rebounds, and 3.4 assists per game. Hakim Hart has also been impressive, averaging 11.4 points and 4.3 rebounds per game over the last ten games. The Terrapins will be looking to take advantage of their home court advantage against the Wildcats.

Maryland has a 7-3 record over their last ten games, averaging 71.1 points per game over this stretch. They have also averaged 29.7 rebounds and 13.1 assists per game over their last ten outings. The Terrapins have been solid defensively, averaging 5.6 steals and 3.9 blocks per game over this stretch.

Betting Trends:

KingPin.pro shows that the Wildcats are 11-6 against Big Ten opponents, while Maryland has a 10-7 record against conference rivals. Northwestern is 16-12 against the spread this season, while Maryland is 14-14 ATS. The total has gone over in four of the last five games for Northwestern, while the total has gone under in three of Maryland's last five games.

Public Betting Data:

According to the public betting data available on KingPin.pro, 57% of the bets are in favor of Maryland covering the spread. On the other hand, 43% of the bets favor Northwestern. This indicates that the betting public sees Maryland as the more likely team to cover the spread and win the game.

Prediction:

Both Northwestern and Maryland have been playing well in their recent games, and it is expected that the game will be close. Northwestern is expected to put up a fight, and they are likely to be boosted by their recent loss to the Illinois Fighting Illini, where Buie scored 35 points.

However, Maryland is the stronger team in this matchup, and their home record of 15-1 further reinforces their position. With their home advantage and the momentum they have built up in their recent games, Maryland is predicted to cover the spread and win the game.

Pick: Maryland (-6)

Conclusion:

The matchup between Northwestern and Maryland promises to be a thrilling encounter, with both teams looking to secure a win. Northwestern will be hoping to bounce back after a recent loss, while Maryland will be aiming to maintain their impressive home record.

KingPin.pro is the ultimate sports betting app that provides users with the latest information and tools they need to make informed decisions when placing bets. With its comprehensive data and analysis, KingPin.pro makes it easy for sports fans to stay ahead of the game and increase their chances of winning.

Winnings $31,130
last 30 days winnings $0
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 404 - 267 - 5
Winnings % 60%
Winnings $21,610
last 30 days winnings $0
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NBA
W-L-D 331 - 248 - 5
Winnings % 57%