White Sox vs Twins Prediction MLB Experts Picks 5/4

White Sox vs Twins Prediction MLB Experts Picks 5/4

© Kamil Krzaczynski-USA TODAY Sports

 

Preview

On May 4, 2023, the Minnesota Twins and the Chicago White Sox will play each other at the Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago, Illinois. This game is expected to be a close match. In this article, we will provide a thorough review of each team's pitching, hitting, and injuries, which will help us make a more informed prediction.

 

Pitching Analysis

The Twins will start with their right-handed pitcher, Pablo Lopez, who has a 2-2 win-loss record with a 4.00 ERA and 1.11 WHIP in 36.0 innings pitched this season. He has given up 31 hits, walked nine batters, and struck out 46. Lopez has been consistently good in his recent starts, allowing only three earned runs in his last three games combined. His opponent, Lucas Giolito, has a 1-2 win-loss record with a 4.15 ERA and 1.18 WHIP in 34.2 innings pitched this season. Giolito has struggled with his command this season, walking six batters in his last 11.1 innings pitched. Based on these stats, we believe that Lopez has an advantage over Giolito, and that the Twins will have a better chance of winning.

 

Hitting Analysis

The Twins have been hitting the ball well this season, with Byron Buxton leading the team with a .262 batting average, seven home runs, and 18 RBIs. Trevor Larnach has also contributed 19 RBIs and three home runs. The team has a batting average of .232, with an on-base percentage (OBP) of .309 and a slugging percentage (SLG) of .407. The White Sox, on the other hand, have a batting average of .237, with an OBP of .299 and an SLG of .377. Jake Burger and Andrew Vaughn are tied for the team lead in home runs with seven each, but the team lacks consistency in their hitting. Based on these stats, we believe that the Twins have an advantage over the White Sox in hitting, and that they will have a better chance of scoring runs.

 

Injury Analysis

The Twins have two players on the injury list, Tyler Mahle and Ronny Henriquez, both of whom are pitchers. The White Sox have two players on the injury list as well, Romy Gonzalez and Joe Kelly. Gonzalez is a right fielder, and Kelly is a relief pitcher who is on paternity leave. While these injuries may affect the teams' lineups, we believe that they will not have a significant impact on the outcome of the game.

 

Final Prediction

Based on our extensive analysis of both teams' pitching, hitting, and injuries, we predict that the Minnesota Twins will win against the Chicago White Sox. We believe that Lopez's recent form and the Twins' hitting consistency will give them an advantage over the White Sox. Our prediction is supported by the Matchup Predictor, which gives the Twins a 51.6% chance of winning and the White Sox a 48.4% chance of winning.

 

Pick: Twins ML

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $74,767
last 30 days winnings $19,620
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 248 - 8
Winnings % 59%
Winnings $79,704
last 30 days winnings $12,300
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 241 - 147 - 5
Winnings % 61%
Winnings $76,760
last 30 days winnings ($2,690)
Yesterday winnings ($790)
Top Sport NBA
W-L-D 677 - 455 - 13
Winnings % 58%