Twins vs Astros Prediction MLB Picks Today 4/9

Twins vs Astros Prediction MLB Picks Today 4/9

 

© Jeffrey Becker-USA TODAY Sports

 

Game Preview: Houston Astros vs Minnesota Twins

The Houston Astros will take on the Minnesota Twins in what is expected to be a heated match on April 9, 2023. Both teams have been performing well this season, and the experts are torn as to who will come out on top. MLB picks from both experts and computers predict a close game, with the Astros having a slight advantage at 56.0% compared to the Twins' 44.0%. However, this could easily change as game time approaches. MLB today experts have been making their picks and predictions, with many leaning towards the Astros to win. With both teams having recently suffered losses, they will come out fighting, making for a thrilling game. Stay tuned for a full-length prediction article breaking down the teams' strengths and weaknesses and predicting the winner of this exciting match-up.

 

Astros: Pitching Analysis

The Houston Astros have had a rocky start to the 2023 MLB season, with a 3-5 record as of April 9th. One area that needs improvement is their pitching, as they have allowed 32 runs in their first eight games. Let's take a closer look at the Astros' pitching staff and make some predictions using both expert analysis and computer-generated MLB picks. The probable pitchers for the Astros in their game against the Minnesota Twins on April 9th are Hunter Brown and Tyler Mahle. Brown has yet to earn a win in the MLB and has a 7.71 ERA, allowing 6 hits and 5 runs in 2.1 innings pitched. Mahle has a 1-0 record with a 1.80 ERA, allowing 6 hits and 1 earned run in 5 innings pitched. The Twins have a strong pitching staff with an MLB-best 1.74 ERA, so the Astros will need to step up their game on the mound to come out with a win. MLB pick experts and computer MLB picks give the Twins the edge in this matchup, with Minnesota favored by 56.0%

Astros: Hitting Analysis

The Houston Astros are off to a slow start in the 2023 MLB season, with a record of 3-5 and a 0-1 away record. In order to turn things around, their hitting will need to improve. MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer predictions are not showing much confidence in the Astros' hitting abilities in the upcoming games, with prediction percentages ranging from 44% to 56% in favor of the Minnesota Twins. MLB today experts are advising bettors to place their money on the Twins, with the majority of MLB picks and parlay bets being placed on Minnesota. However, that doesn't mean the Astros are without their weapons, and there are still some bets that could be worthwhile for bettors. MLB experts picks today indicate that Kyle Tucker is a player to watch, as he's already hit three home runs this season with a .321 batting average. Yordan Alvarez is also a strong hitter with 10 runs batted in and a .320 batting average. When it comes to comparing the two teams, the Twins have the upper hand in terms of their hitting stats, especially in average and on-base percentage. However, the Astros do have a

 

Twins: Pitching Analysis

The Minnesota Twins have had a solid start to the 2023 MLB season, especially when it comes to their pitching. With a team ERA of 1.74, they currently have the best pitching staff in the league. This puts them ahead of other top teams like the Tampa Bay Rays and the Houston Astros. Tyler Mahle has been the standout pitcher for the Twins so far this season. He has a record of 1-0 with an ERA of 1.80 and a WHIP of 1.20. Mahle has also struck out 10 batters in just 5 innings pitched. Mahle has a lot of potential and could have a breakout season. In addition to Mahle, the Twins have a number of other solid pitchers that should give them a chance to compete for the American League Central title. The team will rely on Michael Pineda, Bailey Ober, and Randy Dobnak to provide depth and consistency throughout the season. They also have high hopes for their younger pitchers, including Lewis Thorpe and Jhoan Duran. Overall, if the Twins pitching staff can continue to perform at this high level, they will be a force to be

Twins: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to hitting analysis for the Minnesota Twins, MLB picks and experts turn to the team's depth and power. The Twins have shown an ability to hit for both contact and power, as evidenced by their .240 team batting average and eight home runs through their first seven games of the season. Computer MLB picks and predictions also favor the Twins' offense, as their lineup boasts several players with the potential to hit for both average and power. Players like Byron Buxton, Josh Donaldson, and Nelson Cruz can all be game-changers at the plate, and the Twins have shown an ability to score runs in bunches. MLB Today experts and MLB picks and parlays also point to the Twins' ability to generate offense from all spots in the lineup. They have a deep and experienced group of hitters that can consistently put pressure on opposing pitchers, especially with their ability to draw walks and steal bases. Overall, the Twins look to be a strong offensive team this season, and their hitting prowess will likely play a key role in their success. MLB experts' picks today show that they are set up for continued success, with favorable matchups and strong performances from their lineup. Look for the Twins to continue their

 

Injury Report

As with any sport, injuries are always a concern for any team. The Houston Astros and Minnesota Twins are no exception. Here's a look at some of the key injuries to watch for in this matchup. For the Astros, Lance McCullers Jr. is currently on the 15-day injured list, but is expected to return in the coming weeks. His absence has been felt in the starting rotation, but the team has managed to stay competitive without him. The Twins will be without outfielder Max Kepler, who has been placed on the 10-day injured list with a sore right knee. Kepler's absence will be felt in the lineup, as he provides a consistent bat and solid defense in the outfield. Injuries can be unpredictable and can greatly impact the outcome of a game. 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Lance McCullers Jr. Houston Astros SP 15-day IL
Josh Winder Minnesota Twins SP 15-day IL
Joey Gallo Minnesota Twins LF day-to-day
Sean Mooney Minnesota Twins SP day-to-day
Oliver Ortega Minnesota Twins

 

 

Prediction and MLB Picks: Astros vs. Twins

After analyzing the statistics and performance of both teams, our experts have made their predictions for the Astros vs. Twins game on April 9, 2023. The computer-generated models show that Houston has a 56.0% chance of winning, while Minnesota has a 44.0% chance of winning. However, our MLB picks experts have carefully reviewed the game and have decided to go against the computer's prediction. Despite being the underdogs, the Twins have a strong defense and are currently leading in the American League Central standings. They have a solid pitching rotation with Tyler Mahle on the mound, who has a 1.80 ERA and a 1-0 record. The Astros, on the other hand, have been struggling with a 3-5 record and Lance McCullers Jr. out on the 15-day injured list. While their offense is strong with Kyle Tucker and Yordan Alvarez leading the team in home runs and RBIs, their defense and pitching have not been able to keep up.

 

Pick: Twins. 

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $84,090
last 30 days winnings $0
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1285 - 1108 - 96
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $78,000
last 30 days winnings $0
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 607 - 394 - 11
Winnings % 59%