Red Sox vs Angels Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/17

Red Sox vs Angels Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/17

© Brian Fluharty-USA TODAY Sports

 

Game Preview: Los Angeles Angels vs Boston Red Sox - MLB Picks and Predictions for April 17, 2023

The Los Angeles Angels will face off against the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park on April 17, 2023. MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer predictions are picking the Angels to win the game with a 56.4% chance, while the Red Sox have a 43.6% chance of winning according to analytics. MLB today experts, MLB picks and parlay tipsters and MLB experts picks today are expecting a close and exciting game with both teams battling it out for victory. The Angels are currently 7-8 with a 4-5 away record, while the Red Sox hold an 8-8 record with a 5-4 home record. Best MLB bets today and MLB picks with spread are predicting a tight game, with odds currently set at -160 for the Angels and +135 for the Red Sox. MLB picks odds and parlays suggest that the game may have an over/under of 9, however, this may change closer to the game day. Both teams will have their starting pitchers on hand,

 

Angels: Pitching Analysis

The Los Angeles Angels have been struggling with their pitching in recent years, but the 2023 season could bring about some changes. The team has acquired some new pitchers and has a strong core of veterans, which could lead to a better overall performance on the mound. The MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks algorithms predict that the Angels will improve their pitching this season. Experts believe that Shohei Ohtani, the team's top pitcher, will continue to dominate on the mound. Ohtani has a 2-0 record so far this season with an impressive 0.47 ERA and 24 strikeouts in 19 innings pitched. However, the Angels will need more than just Ohtani in order to make a playoff run this season. The team has also added Reid Detmers, their top pick in the 2022 MLB draft, to the roster. Detmers has yet to make his major league debut, but the team has high hopes for the left-handed pitcher. Additionally, the Angels have signed veteran right-handed pitcher Griffin Canning to a contract extension through 2026. Canning, who has struggled with injuries in the past, has shown promise

Angels: Hitting Analysis

The Los Angeles Angels have struggled at the plate so far this season, with a team batting average of .246 and just 5.36 runs per game. However, they do have some bright spots in their lineup, including Logan O'Hoppe who leads the team with 4 home runs and Hunter Renfroe who has driven in 11 runs. On the other side of the diamond, the Boston Red Sox have been more successful offensively, scoring 5.67 runs per game with a team batting average of .238. Rafael Devers has been a standout, leading the team with 7 home runs and 15 RBI, while Alex Verdugo has been a consistent contributor with a .317 batting average. Both teams will face tough pitching matchups in this series, with the Angels' Shohei Ohtani (2-0, 0.47 ERA) squaring off against the Red Sox's Brayan Bello (0-0, 0.00 ERA) in the first game of the series. The Angels will also have to contend with the likes of Nathan Eovaldi and Eduardo Rodriguez, while the Red Sox will have to face Griffin Canning and Jose Suarez. Overall,

 

Red Sox: Pitching Analysis

The Boston Red Sox have had their ups and downs with pitching so far this season. MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks and predictions have varied on the team's overall performance. However, recently, the Red Sox have been showing improvement. In the game against the Los Angeles Angels on April 17, 2023, starting pitcher Brayan Bello had a solid outing, allowing only three runs in five innings. This performance hints at his potential as a reliable starter for the Red Sox in the future. Additionally, relievers like Ryan Brasier and Kaleb Ort have been consistently solid out of the bullpen. MLB today experts' MLB picks and MLB picks and parlay show that the Red Sox have gone 7-8 overall and 5-4 at home. The team's success has heavily relied on their offense, with an impressive 5.67 runs per game. However, their defense has been struggling, with an earned run average of 5.36. Nevertheless, MLB expert picks today suggest that there is hope for the Red Sox. With the improvement of their pitching and the continuous productivity of their offense, the team has the potential to turn their

Red Sox: Hitting Analysis

The Red Sox have been having a fairly inconsistent season so far, especially when it comes to their hitting. However, the MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer, and MLB picks empredictions seem to indicate that things might be looking up for them. According to MLB today experts, the RedSox have a strong chance of winning their upcoming game against the Angels with a 56.4% probability. Looking at the RedSox hitting statistics, they are currently ranked 21st in batting average with .238 and 10th in slugging percentage with .422. This indicates that while they are not performing exceptionally well, they do have some strong hitters on their team that are contributing significantly to their overall performance. One such hitter is Rafael Devers, who leads the team with 7 home runs and 15 RBIs. He has a batting average of .262 and a slugging percentage of .508, making him one of the most valuable players on the team. Another player to watch out for is Alex Verdugo, who has a batting average of .317 and an on-base percentage of .386. While the RedSox may not have the strongest hitting lineup in the league Injury Report As the season progresses, injuries are unfortunately inevitable. MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer models, and MLB picks and parlays will need to take into account which players may be sidelined due to injury. Currently, the Los Angeles Angels have Chris Rodriguez on the 60-day injured list, while the Boston Red Sox have Brayan Bello and Trevor Story on the 15-day injured list, as well as Chris Martin, Wyatt Mills, and Zack Kelly on the 60-day injured list. These injuries could affect MLB predictions for today, including MLB picks with spread and MLB picks odds. It's important for MLB experts and those making MLB picks to stay up to date with injury reports, as it can greatly impact the outcome of a game.

.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Chris Rodriguez Los Angeles Angels RP 60-day IL
Brayan Bello Boston Red Sox SP 15-day IL
Trevor Story Boston Red Sox 2B 60-day IL
Chris Martin Boston Red Sox RP 15-day IL
Wyatt Mills

 

Prediction

The Angels and the Red Sox have both had a somewhat average start to the season, with the Angels currently holding a 7-8 record and the Red Sox an 8-8 record. The game is being played at Fenway Park, where the Red Sox have a slightly better home record of 5-4, while the Angels have a 4-5 record away from home.

The probable pitchers for the game are Shohei Ohtani for the Angels and Brayan Bello for the Red Sox. Ohtani has been in excellent form, with a 2-0 record and a 0.47 ERA in 19 innings pitched. Bello, on the other hand, has not yet played this season and has no recorded statistics.

According to ESPN Analytics, the Angels have a 56.4% chance of winning the game, while the Red Sox have a 43.6% chance. This may be due to the Angels' slightly better overall record, as well as Ohtani's strong performances so far this season.

 

Pick: Angels ML -160

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $80,704
last 30 days winnings $7,720
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 243 - 148 - 5
Winnings % 61%
Winnings $71,767
last 30 days winnings $13,090
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 251 - 8
Winnings % 59%
Winnings $80,590
last 30 days winnings ($330)
Yesterday winnings $560
Top Sport NBA
W-L-D 690 - 462 - 13
Winnings % 58%