Rays vs Pirates Prediction MLB Experts Picks 5/3

Rays vs Pirates Prediction MLB Experts Picks 5/3

© Matt Marton-USA TODAY Sports

 

Game Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates vs Tampa Bay Rays (May 3, 2023)

The Pittsburgh Pirates will face off against the Tampa Bay Rays on May 3, 2023, in what promises to be an exciting game. With a 20-9 record and 11-5 away record, the Pirates are poised to challenge the Rays, who currently boast a 23-6 record and 14-2 home record. Baseball experts and MLB picks computer predictions suggest that the Rays have the upper hand, with a 74.8% chance of winning, while the Pirates have a 25.2% chance of winning. The game will take place at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida, with the first pitch scheduled for 6:40 PM. The weather is expected to be clear and warm, providing ideal conditions for a great game of baseball. The probable pitchers for the game are Mitch Keller (PIT) and Shane McClanahan (TB), who will have the daunting task of keeping the opposing team's batting lineup in check. The Pirates will look to their key players, such as Jack Suwinski, Bryan Reynolds, and Mitch Keller, to lead them to victory. The Rays will rely on the likes of Yandy Diaz and Randy Arozarena to produce the runs needed to win the game. With both teams having a strong offense and defense, it promises to be a closely contested matchup. 

 

Pirates: Pitching Analysis

The Pirates are set to face the Rays on May 3, 2023, and experts across the MLB picks are predicting a tough game for Pittsburgh. The Pirates will be relying on their pitching staff to pull out a win against a strong Rays team, and their statistics suggest they may have some difficulty. Starting pitcher Mitch Keller will take the mound for the Pirates, bringing with him a 3-0 record and a 3.53 ERA. He will face off against Rays left-hander Shane McClanahan, who boasts a 5-0 record and an impressive 2.12 ERA. While Keller has had a strong start to the season, the Pirates' overall pitching statistics leave something to be desired compared to other teams in the league. They currently have a 3.55 ERA, ranking 7th overall, and a WHIP of 1.303, which puts them at 16th in the league. In contrast, the Rays have a team ERA of 3.10, ranking them 3rd overall, and a WHIP of 1.118, which puts them at 2nd in the league. This suggests that the Pirates will have a tough time scoring runs against the Rays' stingy pitching staff. Overall, while the Pirates will be looking to their pitching staff to keep them in the game against the Rays, their statistics suggest they may struggle to keep up with one of the best teams in the league. Only time will tell if they can pull off an upset and secure a win on May 3rd.

Pirates: Hitting Analysis

The Pittsburgh Pirates will face off against the Tampa Bay Rays on May 3, 2023, and both MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks and predictions are buzzing about this matchup. The Pirates have been on a roll, with a 20-9 record, while the Rays boast an impressive 23-6 home record. MLB today experts are split on who will come out on top, but there are a few indicators that suggest the Pirates may have the upper hand. Firstly, the Pirates' batting leaders, Jack Suwinski and Bryan Reynolds, have been playing at an exceptional level. Suwinski has hit six home runs, while Reynolds boasts a .320 batting average and 23 RBIs. On the other hand, the Rays' Yandy Diaz leads his team with seven home runs and a .319 batting average, but the rest of the team has not been as consistent. Secondly, the Pirates have been successful in hitting with runners in scoring position, averaging 3.59 runs per game compared to the Rays' 4.17 runs per game. This could be the difference-maker in a close game. Finally, when it comes to the spread, MLB picks and parlays experts have the Pirates favored at +1.5. This means that even if they lose by one run, they can still cover the spread and potentially be a good pick for those looking for MLB expert picks today. Overall, the Pirates' hitting prowess and success with runners in scoring position make them a strong contender against the Rays. While the Rays have a great home record, the Pirates have been playing well on the road with an 11-5 record. With a close matchup predicted, it will be interesting to see which team comes out on top.

 

Rays: Pitching Analysis

As the Pittsburgh Pirates take on the Tampa Bay Rays on May 3, 2023, experts and computer MLB picks and predictions favor the Rays. With a home record of 14-2, the Rays have been dominant on their turf, and the probable pitcher, Shane McClanahan, holds a 5-0 record with a 2.12 ERA and 42 strikeouts. On the Pirates side, Mitch Keller has a 3-0 record with a 3.53 ERA and 40 strikeouts. MLB experts' picks today also anticipate the Rays as the better team with a 74.8% chance of winning against the Pirates' 25.2%. The odds also show a predicted spread for the Rays to win by 1.5 points, which means they will need to score at least two runs more than the Pirates to cover the spread. As for the Pirates, outfielder Jack Suwinski and left fielder Bryan Reynolds lead the team in home runs and batting average, respectively. Meanwhile, for the Rays, Yandy Diaz leads the team in home runs, and Randy Arozarena boasts the highest batting average and Runs Batted In (RBIs). Injuries may also play a factor in this game, as Pirates pitcher Wil Crowe is on the 60-day Injured List, and Rays pitcher Tyler Glasnow and first baseman Yandy Diaz are both day-to-day. Overall, based on MLB picks and parlays, the Rays are the favorites to win this game. Still, anything can happen in baseball, and the Pirates could potentially pull off an upset. It will be interesting to see how the pitchers perform and if the Pirates can keep up with the Rays' dominant home record.

Rays: Hitting Analysis

As the Pittsburgh Pirates take on the Tampa Bay Rays on May 3, 2023, MLB picks experts are analyzing the hitting performances of both teams. MLB picks computer models and predictions show that the Rays are heavily favored to win with a 74.8% chance according to analytics. MLB today experts' MLB picks and parlays show that the Rays are not only predicted to win, but they are also expected to do so with a comfortable lead. MLB experts' picks today suggest that picking the Rays for the best MLB bets today is a no-brainer. When it comes to MLB picks with spread, the Rays are expected to win by at least two runs. MLB predictions today show that the odds are in their favor with an impressive 23-6 record, including a near-perfect 14-2 record at home. With MLB picks odds and MLB picks and parlays in their favor, the Rays are looking to continue their dominant performance against the Pirates. However, the Pirates should not be underestimated, as they have a respectable 20-9 record and have been performing well on the road with an 11-5 record. It will be interesting to see how the hitting performances of both teams play out on May 3, 2023, and which team will ultimately come out on top in this matchup.

 

Injury Report:

As the Pittsburgh Pirates and Tampa Bay Rays gear up for their matchup on May 3rd, 2023, both teams are dealing with injuries. Wil Crowe, a right-handed relief pitcher for the Pirates, is expected to be out for 60 days due to an undisclosed injury. For the Rays, relief pitcher Pete Fairbanks is listed as day-to-day and Tyler Glasnow, a starting pitcher, is on the 15-day injury list. First baseman Yandy Diaz is also listed as day-to-day and shortstop Johan Lopez is serving a suspension and will not be available for the game against the Pirates. These injuries could have an impact on the MLB picks, both by experts and computers, as well as on the MLB picks and parlay bets made by fans. It is important to consider these injuries when making MLB picks with spread and MLB picks with odds, as they could potentially impact the outcome of the game.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Wil Crowe Pittsburgh Pirates RP 60-day IL
Pete Fairbanks Tampa Bay Rays RP day-to-day
Tyler Glasnow Tampa Bay Rays SP 15-day IL
Yandy Diaz Tampa Bay Rays 1B day-to-day
Johan Lopez Tampa Bay Rays SS Suspension

 

Prediction

The Pirates, with a record of 20-9 and 11-5 away, will be facing the Rays, who have a record of 23-6 and 14-2 at home. The Rays are favored to win, with a 74.8% chance of pulling off the victory, according to the analytics. However, while the Rays may be the favorite, it's important to remember that upsets can happen in baseball. With that in mind, the MLB picks and experts are split on their opinions for this game. Some are sticking with the favorite and picking the Rays to win, while others are going against the odds and choosing the Pirates as their pick. So, for our pick of the day, we're going to go against the favorite and choose the Pittsburgh Pirates to pull off the upset and take home the win. While it may be a risky bet, the Pirates have been playing well this season and have the potential to come out on top. 

 

Pick: Pirates +1.5

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $80,704
last 30 days winnings $9,330
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 243 - 148 - 5
Winnings % 61%
Winnings $84,140
last 30 days winnings $2,450
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 696 - 463 - 13
Winnings % 58%