Rangers vs Diamondbacks Prediction MLB Picks for Today 5/3

Rangers vs Diamondbacks Prediction MLB Picks for Today 5/3

© Rob Schumacher/The Republic / USA TODAY NETWORK

 

Game Preview: Diamondbacks vs Rangers (May 3, 2023) Pregame

The Arizona Diamondbacks will face the Texas Rangers on May 3, 2023, in a highly anticipated matchup. Both teams have been performing well this season, with the Diamondbacks holding a 16-13 record and the Rangers holding a 17-11 record. As fans eagerly await the game, MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks have started making predictions and MLB picks and parlay options for this game. On this day, we will see the Diamondbacks and Rangers face off at Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas, with a game time of 2:05 PM. The probable pitchers for this game are currently undecided for the Texas Rangers and Andrew Heaney LHP for Arizona. MLB picks today experts are analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of both teams to make their MLB picks with spread and MLB predictions today. Both teams have talented players, and the teams' batting and pitching leaders will play a significant role in the outcome of the game. 

 

Diamondbacks: Pitching Analysis

The Diamondbacks pitching staff has been a mixed bag this season, with some standout performances and some struggles as well. As we look ahead to the matchup against the Rangers on May 3, 2023, it's worth taking a closer look at the stats and predictions for the Arizona pitchers. According to MLB picks experts, the Diamondbacks are facing some tough odds in this matchup, with computer MLB picks and predictions giving them just a 34.6% chance of coming out on top. MLB today experts also predict that the Rangers will have the advantage, with MLB picks and parlays favoring Texas as well. That being said, the Diamondbacks do have some strong pitchers on their roster. Left-hander Andrew Heaney has been a key player for Arizona this year, boasting a 2-2 record with a 4.38 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, and 26 strikeouts. He's expected to start against the Rangers on May 3, and given his strong performance so far, could help the Diamondbacks turn the odds in their favor. Other pitchers to watch on the Diamondbacks roster include right-hander Zac Gallen, who has a 3.78 ERA and 1.35 WHIP, and left-hander Tommy Henry, who has a 4.50 ERA and 1.00 WHIP in limited innings pitched. Of course, the Rangers have some impressive pitching of their own, with left-hander Adrew Heaney set to take the mound against the Diamondbacks. Heaney has a 2-2 record with a 3.24 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, and 32 strikeouts, and will likely pose a challenge to the Arizona lineup. Overall, the pitching matchup for the Diamondbacks vs. Rangers game on May 3, 2023 will be key to determining the outcome. While the odds may not be in Arizona's favor, strong performances from Heaney, Gallen, and Henry could help them pull off an upset.

Diamondbacks: Hitting Analysis

The Diamondbacks have been performing well in terms of hitting, with some key players leading the way. Christian Walker, first baseman, has hit 4 home runs so far this season and has a batting average of .248. Corbin Carroll, left fielder, has been holding steady with a .309 batting average and .374 on-base percentage. Their offense value is ranked at #10 in the league, and their runs per game is at 5.00 which is among the top 10 in the league. MLB Picks Experts and the computer MLB picks and predictions have predicted a tight game between the Diamondbacks and the Rangers on May 3, 2023. According to the analytics, the Rangers are favored to win the game with a 65.4% probability, while the Diamondbacks only have a 34.6% chance of winning. However, these predictions should be taken with a grain of salt, as upsets and surprises can always happen in baseball. Overall, the Diamondbacks have been doing decently well in terms of hitting, but they will need to continue to improve and work together as a team if they hope to win games consistently. With the leadership of key players like Walker and Carroll, and the support of their fans, they have the potential to be a competitive team in the league.

 

Rangers: Pitching Analysis

As the Arizona Diamondbacks visit the Texas Rangers for their May 3, 2023 game, the pitching match-up is still undecided for the Diamondbacks, while the Rangers will have left-hander Andrew Heaney on the mound wearing number 44. MLB experts and computer predictions alike are favoring the Rangers in this game, with a 65.4% chance of winning according to analytics. It's no surprise, considering the Rangers have a strong home record of 11-5. Heaney comes into the game with a 2-2 record, a 4.38 ERA, a 1.22 WHIP, and 26 strikeouts across 20 2/3 innings pitched. Although Heaney's overall numbers are not strong, he has been solid at home this season with a 2.35 ERA across three starts. As for the Diamondbacks, their pitching situation is still up in the air, with the team yet to announce a starting pitcher for this game. They have relied on the likes of Zac Gallen, Merrill Kelly, and Madison Bumgarner this season, but nothing is confirmed yet. In terms of MLB picks and parlays, it seems experts and computer predictions are leaning towards a Rangers victory with Heaney on the hill, as they look to hold onto their home-field advantage. However, as we all know, anything can happen in baseball, so fans of both teams will be eager to tune in to see the outcome.

Rangers: Hitting Analysis

As the Arizona Diamondbacks and Texas Rangers gear up to face each other on May 3, 2023, experts are already making their MLB picks. Computer MLB picks and MLB picks by experts predict that the Rangers will come out on top with a 65.4% chance of winning. MLB picks and parlays also favor the Rangers, with many MLB experts picking today's game as one of the best MLB bets. MLB picks with spread suggest that while the Rangers may have the upper hand, the Diamondbacks are not to be discounted. However, MLB predictions today heavily favor the Rangers as they boast a strong home record and a talented offense. Looking at hitting statistics, the Diamondbacks are led by Christian Walker with 4 home runs and a .248 average, while the Rangers' Adolis Garcia has 8 home runs and a .267 average. Corbin Carroll leads the Diamondbacks in batting average with .309, while Jonah Heim has a .303 average for the Rangers. Both teams have been playing well and have a number of key players to watch out for. With a gametime weather forecast of 81 degrees and a capacity crowd of 40,000, fans can expect an exciting matchup between these two teams.

 

Injury Report:

As with every sports team, injuries are always a concern for the Diamondbacks and Rangers as they head into their May 3rd matchup. For the Diamondbacks, center-fielder Kristian Robinson is listed as out for the game. On the Rangers' side, starting pitcher Jacob deGrom is on the 15-day injured list while shortstop Corey Seager is on the 10-day injured list. Both teams will be looking for their healthy players to step up and lead them to victory. As always, injuries can have a significant impact on the outcome of a game, so be sure to check for updates before making any MLB picks or predictions.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Kristian Robinson Arizona Diamondbacks CF Out - May 2
Jacob deGrom Texas Rangers SP 15-day IL - Apr 29
Corey Seager Texas Rangers SS 10-day IL - May 1

 

Prediction

Despite the analytics giving the Rangers a 65.4% chance of winning, I believe the Diamondbacks have a good chance to come out on top with my pick being the Diamondbacks. Although the Rangers have had a strong start to the season and have a home field advantage, anything can happen in baseball. The Diamondbacks have been a solid team so far and have key players like Christian Walker and Corbin Carroll leading the way in batting. Plus, their pitching has been consistent thus far, giving them a chance to win any game they play, as shown in their record. If you are looking for MLB picks and parlay options for this game, consider taking the Diamondbacks with the spread. It may be a risky bet, but with their recent performance and potential, they could surprise everyone and come out with a win. 

 

Pick: Diamondbacks ML

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $83,830
last 30 days winnings ($260)
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1299 - 1121 - 96
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $80,140
last 30 days winnings $2,140
Yesterday winnings $690
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 641 - 422 - 12
Winnings % 59%