Pirates vs Blue Jays Prediction MLB Picks Today 5/5

Pirates vs Blue Jays Prediction MLB Picks Today 5/5

© Nathan Ray Seebeck-USA TODAY Sports

 

Blue Jays vs Pirates(May5,2023) Pregame: MLB Picks and Predictions

On May 5, 2023, the Toronto Blue Jays will face off against the Pittsburgh Pirates in a highly anticipated MLB matchup. As the game approaches, MLB picks experts, computer MLB picks, and MLB picks emp predictions are flooding in, making it tough for baseball fans to know which team to bet on. Both teams have had a decent start to the season, with the Blue Jays holding an 18-13 record, while the Pirates have won 20 out of their 32 games. MLB today experts and MLB picks and parlay analysts are predicting a tight game, and most MLB experts picks today are split between the two teams. The Pirates have the home advantage, and their 9-4 record at home this season is impressive. However, the Blue Jays have a quality pitching lineup and strong batting leaders such as Bo Bichette and Matt Chapman. The best MLB bets today are those that combine the latest MLB picks with spread predictions and MLB picks odds. The Moneyline consensus pick currently favors the Blue Jays, but the run line looks set to be a close race, making it a tough call for bettors. The starting pitchers for this game are Chris Bassitt for the Blue Jays and Rich Hill for the Pirates. Both pitchers have impressive statistics, and this matchup is shaping up to be a battle on the mound. Stay tuned for our full MLB picks and predictions article as we dive deeper into the stats and break down who we think will come out victorious in this matchup!

 

Blue Jays: Pitching Analysis

The Toronto Blue Jays have been performing well in the first part of the 2023 MLB season, posting an 18-13 record and currently sitting in third place in the American League East standings. The team's success can largely be attributed to their pitching staff, which has been consistently performing at a high level. Experts and computer-generated MLB picks and predictions have been favoring the Blue Jays in their upcoming game against the Pittsburgh Pirates on May 5th, 2023. The Blue Jays are projected to win the game by a narrow margin, with a 48.6% chance of victory according to analytics. In terms of pitching, Chris Bassitt is expected to take the mound for the Blue Jays. Bassitt has been dominant this season, boasting a 3-2 record with a 1.81 ERA and only allowing 3.0 hits per game. Rich Hill is projected to start for the Pirates, and although he has a similar 3-2 record and 1.39 ERA, he has allowed more hits per game at 6.2. Overall, the Blue Jays' pitching staff has been performing well as a unit, with a combined ERA of 4.12 which ranks 13th in the league. They have also been successful at limiting walks and striking out batters at a high rate, with a strikeouts-to-walks ratio of 3.22 which is third-best in the league. In terms of betting, the Blue Jays are currently favored at -145 on the moneyline and the over/under for the game is set at 9 runs. MLB experts and analysts suggest that betting on the Blue Jays with the spread could be a safe bet given their recent performance and consistency on the mound.

Blue Jays: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to the Blue Jays' offensive lineup, the MLB picks experts and computer algorithms alike are predicting a strong hitting performance against the Pirates on May 5th, 2023. With a team batting average of .254, the Blue Jays are ranked 11th in the league in terms of hitting. Bo Bichette, the team's shortstop, leads the team with seven home runs. Matt Chapman, the team's third baseman, boasts an impressive .364 batting average and 21 RBIs. The Pirates, on the other hand, have a slightly better team batting average at .259 and are ranked 8th in hitting. Their DH/1B Andrew McCutchen has six home runs but only maintains a .238 batting average. Left fielder Bryan Reynolds is the team's top performer at the plate with a .325 batting average and 23 RBIs. Despite the Pirates having a higher team batting average, the Blue Jays have a strong lineup and have been consistently hitting all season. 

 

Pregame Pitching Analysis: 

The pitching matchup for the Blue Jays vs. Pirates game on May 5, 2023, features Chris Bassitt taking the mound for the Blue Jays and Rich Hill for the Pirates. MLB Picks Experts, MLB Picks Computer, and MLB Picks Emp Predictions have favored the Pirates with a 51.4% chance of winning, while the Blue Jays have a 48.6% chance of winning. Bassitt has a record of 3-2 with an ERA of 1.81 and a WHIP of 0.96. He has struck out 28 batters in 25 innings pitched and has allowed only 6 earned runs. Bassitt has been consistent throughout the season and has allowed only one or fewer runs in four out of five starts. On the other hand, Hill has a record of 3-2 with an ERA of 1.39 and a WHIP of 0.80. His strikeout numbers are slightly lower than Bassitt's, with 36 in 32.1 innings pitched. However, he has been equally consistent and has allowed only 5 earned runs in his five starts. Both pitchers have been in top form this season, making this a promising and exciting matchup. However, the Pirates have a slightly better record at home this season, which could give them a slight advantage. Nevertheless, the game could go either way, and both teams will need to bring their A-game to secure a victory. MLB Today Experts Picks, MLB Picks and Parlay, MLB Experts Picks Today, Best MLB Bets Today, MLB Picks with Spread, MLB Predictions Today, MLB Picks for Today and MLB Picks Odds are all in favor of a closely contested matchup between these two talented teams. It will be interesting to see which team emerges victorious when they take to the field at PNC Park on May 5, 2023.

Pirates Hitting Analysis and Predictions

The Pirates have been on a tear as of late, winning their last four games and 7 of their last 10. They rank in the top 5 in the league in runs scored per game at 5.35, and they have a solid batting average of .259. Their top hitters, Bryan Reynolds and Andrew McCutchen, have been driving in runs and hitting home runs at key moments in games. MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks and predictions are split on their opinions for the Blue Jays vs. Pirates matchup on May 5th, 2023. However, most MLB today experts and MLB picks agree that the Pirates have the advantage in this game, especially considering that they will be playing at home. Best MLB bets today and MLB picks with spread also favor the Pirates, with the most common prediction being a victory by a margin of 2-3 runs. 

 

Injury Report

As always, injuries can have a major impact on any MLB picks and predictions. Here's a look at the injury report for the Blue Jays vs Pirates matchup on May 5, 2023: For the Toronto Blue Jays, starting pitcher Mitch White is currently on the 15-day injured list as of May 1. As for the Pittsburgh Pirates, starting pitcher Vince Velasquez is listed as day-to-day as of May 4. It's important for MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer models to factor in these injuries and their potential impact on the game. With the Blue Jays and Pirates both competing for playoff spots, every game counts, and injuries can tip the balance in one team's favor. Keep an eye on the injury report leading up to game day to make the most informed MLB picks and predictions.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Mitch White Toronto Blue Jays Starting Pitcher 15-day IL
Vince Velasquez Pittsburgh Pirates Starting Pitcher Day-to-Day

 

Prediction

With the odds currently in their favor, it may be tempting to pick the Blue Jays as the winner. However, in sports, anything can happen, and it's crucial not to take the favorite every time. After careful analysis and consideration, our pick for this game is the Pittsburgh Pirates. While the Blue Jays have a strong offensive lineup, the Pirates have proven to be a formidable opponent, with excellent defensive and pitching capabilities. Furthermore, according to MLB picks and parlays, the Pirates have an outstanding record at home, making it even more likely for them to secure a win in this game against the Blue Jays. 

 

Pick: Pirates ML

Winnings $82,100
last 30 days winnings $11,160
Yesterday winnings $810
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1449 - 1255 - 102
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $79,985
last 30 days winnings ($45)
Yesterday winnings ($1,200)
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 727 - 491 - 14
Winnings % 58%