Phillies vs Reds Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/8

Phillies vs Reds Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/8

© Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports

 

Reds vs Phillies MLB Game Preview - April 8, 2023

The Cincinnati Reds will face off against the Philadelphia Phillies at Citizens Bank Park on April 8, 2023. The Reds are off to a good start this season with a record of 3-2, and will look to continue their winning streak against the struggling Phillies, who currently stand at 1-5. MLB picks experts, computer MLB picks, and predictions are suggesting a close game, with the Reds having a slight advantage with a 53.6% chance of winning according to analytics. However, the game could go either way with both teams having strengths and weaknesses. The Reds have a solid pitching lineup, with left-handed pitcher Nick Lodolo taking the mound against the Phillies' Bailey Falter. The Reds will rely on Lodolo's impressive 1-0 record and 3.60 ERA to shut down the Phillies' offense. Despite their slow start, the Phillies have a strong batting lineup, with Jason Vosler leading the charge with three home runs and a .333 batting average. 

 

Reds: Pitching Analysis

The Cincinnati Reds have started the 2023 MLB season with a 3-2 record and will face the Philadelphia Phillies on April 8th. As per MLB pick experts and computer MLB picks and predictions, the Reds have a 53.6% chance of winning the game, while the Phillies have a 46.4% chance of winning. Nick Lodolo will take the mound for the Reds as the starting pitcher, with a record of 1-0 and an ERA of 3.60. He has pitched for 20 innings and has struck out 9 batters, while walking only 2. Thus, he has a WHIP (walks and hits per inning pitched) of 1.08. On the other hand, Bailey Falter will be the starting pitcher for the Phillies, with a record of 0-1 and an ERA of 13.38. In his previous start, he pitched only 1.1 innings and gave up 2 hits, 2 walks and 3 runs. Consequently, his WHIP is 2.25. 

Reds Hitting Analysis:

Experts' MLB Picks and Computer Predictions As the MLB season progresses, experts and computers alike are using various statistics and algorithms to predict how teams will perform. The Reds are no exception, and their hitting performance has been a hot topic among experts and sports analysts. According to MLB Today experts, the Reds have a 53.6% chance of winning in their upcoming game against the Phillies on April 8th, 2023. Computer predictions are also in their favor, with many algorithms predicting a win for the Reds. MLB picks and parlay experts are also weighing in on the Reds' hitting performance. They are currently 3-2 in the season with an overall batting average of .261, placing them 11th in the league. Their slugging percentage is .509, ranking them 4th overall in the league. To further assess the Reds' hitting performance, analysts are looking at specific players. Currently, third baseman Jason Vosler leads the team in home runs with three, while second baseman Jonathan India leads in batting average with .389. Overall, experts and computers alike seem to have confidence in the Reds' hitting abilities. With their strong slugging percentage and players like Vosler and India stepping up

 

Phillies: Pitching Analysis

When it comes to the performance of pitching, Phillies fans have a lot to be worried about. According to MLB picks experts and computer predictions, the team's pitching is among the weakest in the league. The MLB today experts have not been kind to the Phillies, with many of their picks pointing to their pitching as a major weakness. In fact, the Phillies have been struggling to find consistency with their pitchers, with some of their best players having off nights on the mound. The team's best chances of winning tend to come from parlaying their pitching with their strong offense. Despite their struggles, there is no doubt that the Phillies have some big names on their pitching staff, including Nick Lodolo and Bailey Falter. However, they will need to step up their game if they want to compete in a tough NL Central division. Looking at the betting odds and predictions, the Phillies have their work cut out for them. The MLB picks with spread and predictions for today's game against the Reds don't look promising. However, if the team can get their pitching under control and play up to their potential, they have a chance to turn their season around. 

Phillies: Hitting Analysis

The Phillies have struggled at the plate so far this season, with a team batting average of .268 ranking them eighth in the league. However, there are some bright spots in the lineup, including Kyle Schwarber who has two home runs and four RBI, and Bryson Stott who is batting .435 with an OBP of .458 and SLG of .565. As for predictions, both MLB picks experts and computers are favoring the Reds in this matchup. According to MLB picks emp predictions, the Reds have a 53.6% chance of winning, while MLB Today experts have them winning 46.4% of the time. In terms of betting, the best MLB bets today seem to be taking the Reds with the spread or the Phillies on the moneyline. Overall, it will be interesting to see if the Phillies can improve their hitting and turn their season around. They have the potential to be a strong offensive team, but they must find a way to consistently produce at the plate.

 

Injury Report

As we approach the April 8th matchup between the Cincinnati Reds and the Philadelphia Phillies, it's important to take a look at the injury report for both teams. Starting with the Reds, third baseman Christian Encarnacion-Strand is currently listed as day-to-day after suffering an injury on April 4th. Joey Votto, first baseman for the Reds, is on the 10-day injured list as of April 4th. The injury report for the Phillies is a bit longer. Cristopher Sanchez, relief pitcher, is currently on the 15-day injured list as of April 5th. Griff McGarry, starting pitcher, is day-to-day after sustaining an injury on April 6th. Andrew Painter, another starting pitcher for the Phillies, is currently out. Catcher Rickardo Perez and first baseman Darick Hall are both on the 10-day injured list as of April 6th. These injuries will certainly have an impact on the upcoming matchup between the Reds and the Phillies. It will be interesting to see how both teams adjust their strategies and lineups in response to these injuries. As always, MLB picks experts, MLB picks by computer, and MLB picks emp predictions will be crucial for those

Player Team Position Injury Status
Christian Encarnacion-Strand Cincinnati Reds 3B day-to-day
Joey Votto Cincinnati Reds 1B 10-day IL
Cristopher Sanchez Philadelphia Phillies RP 15-day IL
Griff McGarry Philadelphia Phillies SP day-to-day
Andrew Painter  

 

Prediction:

MLB Picks and Parlays for Cincinnati Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies, April 8, 2023 After analyzing the stats, game information, and injury reports, our MLB picks experts predict that the Cincinnati Reds will win against the Philadelphia Phillies on April 8, 2023. Our computer-generated MLB picks and predictions also lean towards the Reds. However, our MLB picks and predictions are not solely based on the favorite team. We consider a range of factors, such as player performance, pitching matchups, and recent form, to make informed predictions.

While the Phillies have a slightly better defense value and a higher on-base percentage than the Reds, the Reds have a better offense value, slugging percentage, and batting average. Moreover, the Reds have won their previous five games, while the Phillies have lost their last five games. Based on these factors, our MLB picks experts believe that the Reds have a better chance of winning. 

 

Pick: Cincinnati Reds

Winnings $81,845
last 30 days winnings $295
Yesterday winnings $760
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 718 - 482 - 13
Winnings % 58%
Winnings $75,787
last 30 days winnings $1,020
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 405 - 262 - 8
Winnings % 59%