Phillies vs Marlins Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/11

Phillies vs Marlins Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/11

© Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sports

 

Marlins vs Phillies: MLB Game Preview - April 11, 2023

The Miami Marlins and Philadelphia Phillies will face off in an exciting MLB matchup on April 11, 2023, at 6:40 PM. Both teams have had rough starts to the season and are looking to improve their record. As the Marlins sit at 4-6 and the Phillies at 3-6, this game is crucial for both teams to gain momentum. MLB picks experts and computer predictions are split on who will come out on top in this matchup. Currently, the Phillies are favored with a 57.2% chance of winning over the Marlins' 42.8%. However, anything can happen in baseball, and the game is sure to be an exciting one to watch. 

 

Marlins: Pitching Analysis

The Miami Marlins have been off to a disappointing start this season, with a current record of 4-6. A major factor in their struggles has been their pitching staff, which has ranked towards the bottom of the league in many statistical categories. Jesus Luzardo, who will be starting against the Philadelphia Phillies on April 11th, has been one of the bright spots in the Marlins' rotation. With a 1-0 record and an ERA of 0.71, Luzardo has provided stability and consistency for the team. However, the rest of the pitching staff has not been able to follow suit. The Marlins' bullpen has struggled with a combined ERA of 4.60, ranking them 17th in the league. To make matters worse, the Marlins have also struggled to score runs, which puts even more pressure on the pitching staff to perform well. With a lack of offensive support, the Marlins' pitchers have little room for error. 

Marlins: Hitting Analysis

As the Miami Marlins continue their season, the team's hitting performance has been a major area of concern. While analysts and experts have differing opinions on how the Marlins will perform in upcoming games, many are predicting further struggles for the team at the plate based on their current statistics. According to MLB picks and predictions made by experts and computer models, the Marlins are unlikely to perform well in upcoming games. With a batting average of just .230, the Marlins offense has not been able to consistently produce runs. Additionally, their total bases per game is only at 11.80, which ranks towards the bottom of the league. Despite having some standout performers such as Jorge Soler and Garrett Cooper, who have combined for 10 RBI and five home runs, the team has not been able to translate those individual performances into collective success. 

 

Phillies: Pitching Analysis

The Phillies have had a mixed start to their season, but their pitching staff has shown some promise. Here, we will take a look at what both MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks &emp; predictions are saying about the Phillies' pitching and where they stand today. Starting with the probable pitchers for their upcoming game against the Marlins on April 11, 2023, the Phillies will be sending Aaron Nola to the mound. Nola has had a slow start to the season, with a 0-1 record and an ERA of 7.45, but he has shown potential in the past and could turn his season around. On the other side, the Marlins will be starting Jesus Luzardo, who has a record of 1-0 with an ERA of 0.71 so far this season. He will be a tough matchup for the Phillies' hitters. 

Phillies: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to MLB picks and predictions, experts and computers are split on the Philadelphia Phillies' hitting abilities. Currently, the team has a 3-6 record at home, but their offense has shown flashes of potential. In terms of betting, experts suggest keeping an eye on their performance against left-handed pitchers, as their batting average jumps from .261 to .294. As of now, the Phillies are averaging 3.33 runs per game, ranking them 26th in the league. However, they have a respectable slugging percentage of .426 and a BABIP of .350, indicating that they are making contact with the ball and getting on base, but struggling to bring runners home. A strong point for the Phillies' offense has been their ability to hit doubles and triples, with an average of 2.11 doubles and 0.56 triples per game, both ranking in the top 15 of the league.

 

Injury Report

Injuries can often have a huge impact on a team's performance, so it's important to take note of players who may be unavailable for upcoming games. As of now, both the Marlins and Phillies have a few players on their injury report. For the Marlins, relief pitcher Steven Okert is currently on the 15-day IL with an undisclosed injury. Catcher Jacob Stallings and outfielder Avisail Garcia are listed as day-to-day, while relief pitcher JT Chargois and pitcher Jacob Andrew Eder are also dealing with injuries and their availability for the upcoming game is uncertain. On the Phillies side, first baseman Darick Hall is currently on the 10-day IL with an undisclosed injury. Starting pitcher Griff McGarry is listed as day-to-day, while catcher Rickardo Perez and pitcher Andrew Painter are also dealing with injuries. 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Steven Okert Miami Marlins RP 15-day IL (Apr 7)
Jacob Stallings Miami Marlins C day-to-day (Apr 9)
Avisail Garcia Miami Marlins RF day-to-day (Apr 9)
JT Chargois Miami Marlins</td

 

Prediction

After analyzing the statistics, both expert and computer MLB picks, and predictions, we believe that the Philadelphia Phillies will come out victorious in their matchup against the Miami Marlins on April 11, 2023. However, our pick for this game is the Miami Marlins because they are currently the underdogs and have a +135 money line. It's important to note that taking the favorite every time is not the best strategy for making MLB picks, as upsets happen frequently in baseball. That being said, the Phillies have a slightly better record overall and at home, which gives them a slight edge in this matchup. 

 

Pick: Phillies ML -160

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $74,767
last 30 days winnings $19,620
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 248 - 8
Winnings % 59%
Winnings $79,704
last 30 days winnings $12,300
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 241 - 147 - 5
Winnings % 61%