Padres vs Braves Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/17

Padres vs Braves Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/17

© Dale Zanine-USA TODAY Sports

 

MLB Game Preview: Atlanta Braves vs San Diego Padres

It's game time for the Atlanta Braves and San Diego Padres as they go head-to-head on April 17, 2023, at Petco Park in San Diego, California. The Braves come into the game with a dominant 12-4 record, winning eight out of nine games on the road. Meanwhile, the Padres hold an 8-8 record, winning four out of five games at home. MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer, MLB picks emp, predictions MLB today experts, MLB picks and parlay, and MLB experts picks today have all predicted a close competition between the two teams. According to analytics, the Braves hold a 57.4% chance of winning while the Padres have a 42.6% chance of taking the victory. Fans and analysts can expect a riveting matchup between Atlanta

 

Braves Pitching Analysis: 

The Atlanta Braves have had a strong start to the 2023 MLB season, holding a 12-4 record and leading the National League East. One of the keys to their success so far has been their pitching staff, which ranks eighth in the league with a 3.73 ERA. As we look ahead to their upcoming game against the San Diego Padres on April 17, 2023, let's examine some expert and AI predictions for the Braves' pitching performance. According to MLB picks experts, the Braves are favored to win the game with a 57.4% chance of victory. The computer and AI predictions also favor the Braves, with most models projecting a win for the team. This could be attributed to the strength of their starting pitcher, Max Fried. Fried has been exceptional this season

Braves: Hitting Analysis

The Atlanta Braves have been one of the hottest teams in the MLB lately, with a record of 12-4 and six consecutive wins. When it comes to hitting, the Braves have some of the best statistics in the league. Their offense value ranks second in the MLB, thanks to their impressive win percentage of 73.3 percent and runs per game of 5.47. They also lead the league in total bases per game with 16.13 and have a run differential of 23.0. The Braves' batting leaders are also worth mentioning. Ronald Acuna Jr. currently has a batting average of .373, an on-base percentage of .455, and a slugging percentage of .567. Matt Olson, the team's first baseman, has hit five home runs and has 17 RBIs with an average of .313.

 

Padres: Pitching Analysis

The San Diego Padres have been making headlines lately, thanks in part to their impressive pitching lineup. MLB experts and computer-generated MLB picks and predictions have been weighing in on their potential for the season. Today, we take a closer look at the Padres' pitching analysis and make some MLB picks and parlay predictions for their upcoming games. The Padres' pitching rotation has been a key factor in their success so far this season. Led by Max Fried and Ryan Weathers, the Padres' pitching has been solid and consistent. The team has an overall ERA of 4.42 which ranks 17th in the league. In terms of run differential, the Padres have struggled a bit with a -1.0 ranking which puts them at 17th in the league. However, their solid pitching group has done a good job of keeping opposing teams in check. 

Padres: Hitting Analysis

The Padres have shown a lot of potential in 2023, with their lineup looking solid overall. However, their hitting has been inconsistent at times and they will need to step up if they want to make a deep playoff run. MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks and predictions have the Padres ranked as a middle-of-the-pack offensive team. Their batting average of .236 is ranked 24th in the league, but they make up for it with 1.38 home runs per game, which is tied for 7th in the league. The Padres also rank 11th in doubles per game at 1.81. However, they have struggled with getting hits in crucial situations, ranking just 7th in the league in RBIs per game at 4.19 and 22nd in runners left in scoring position per game at 3.25. 

 

Injury Report

Injuries can have a significant impact on a team's performance, and both the Atlanta Braves and the San Diego Padres have had their fair share of setbacks. The Braves have placed relief pitcher Brooks Wilson and starting pitcher Ian Anderson on day-to-day injury status. Shortstop Orlando Arcia and center fielder Michael Harris II are on the 10-day injured list, and catcher Travis d'Arnaud is on the 7-day injured list. Meanwhile, the Padres have placed starting pitcher Drew Pomeranz and outfielder Adam Engel on the 10-day injured list, with pitcher Joe Musgrove on the 15-day injured list. Catcher Luis Campusano is currently day-to-day with an injury as well. These injuries could impact the MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks also the predictions for MLB today from experts, as they could affect the team's ability to perform at their best. However, the

Player Team Position Injury Status
Brooks Wilson Atlanta Braves RP day-to-day
Ian Anderson Atlanta Braves SP day-to-day
Orlando Arcia Atlanta Braves SS 10-day IL
Michael Harris II  

 

Prediction

As we approach the April 17, 2023 matchup between the Atlanta Braves and San Diego Padres, experts and computer MLB picks and predictions are leaning towards the Braves with a 57.4% chance of winning. However, when making your MLB picks and bets for today, it's important to not always go with the favorite. Looking at the stats and analysis, we recommend taking the Padres with a spread of +1.5. While the Braves may have a strong offense and defense, the Padres have been evenly matched in many categories and could pull off an upset at home in Petco Park. 

 

Pick: Padres +1.5

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $83,830
last 30 days winnings ($260)
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1299 - 1121 - 96
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $79,450
last 30 days winnings $1,450
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 640 - 422 - 12
Winnings % 58%