Orioles vs Yankees Prediction MLB Pics Today 4/9

Orioles vs Yankees Prediction MLB Pics Today 4/9

© Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports

 

Yankees vs Orioles - MLB Game Preview - April 9, 2023

The New York Yankees and the Baltimore Orioles will face off at Oriole Park at Camden Yards on April 9, 2023. As MLB picks experts and computers make their predictions for this game, it's anyone's guess who will come out on top. With both teams having played 7 games each, both have a record of 4-3 with the Yankees posting a 0-1 away record while the Orioles have won their only home game so far this season. MLB picks and parlays suggest that the Yankees have a 55.6% chance of winning while the Orioles have a 44.4% chance of winning. This game is sure to be a nail-biter and we can't wait to see who will emerge victorious.

 

Yankees: Pitching Analysis

The New York Yankees have always been a strong team, especially in terms of pitching. Experts and computer MLB picks have consistently favored them when it comes to predictions and MLB today experts have high expectations for the team. The MLB picks and parlay predictions for the Yankees often show them as one of the top teams in the league. Looking at the team's current roster, it's clear that they have a strong pitching staff. Their probable pitchers for the upcoming game against the Baltimore Orioles include Nestor Cortes, who has a 1-0 record with a 1.80 ERA and Tyler Wells, who has a 0-0 record with a 0.00 ERA. The team's pitching leaders include Gerrit Cole, who has a 2-0 record with a 1.47 ERA and Aroldis Chapman, who has a 0-0 record with a 0.00 ERA

Yankees: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to the Yankees' hitting in the 2023 season, it's clear they have a talented lineup. According to MLB picks and predictions from experts and computers, the Yankees rank high in many offensive categories. They have a win percentage of .571 which is ranked ninth in the league, while their runs per game average of 5.00 is ranked thirteenth. Moreover, they have a total bases per game average of 14.57, which is fifth best in the league. The team's impressive run differential of +14.0 puts them at fifth in the league. Gleyber Torres has had an excellent start to the season, leading the team in batting average with an impressive .409. He also leads the team in runs batted in (RBI) and has hit two home runs. Giancarlo Stanton has also hit two home runs and has an average of .250. However,

 

Orioles: Pitching Analysis

When it comes to the Orioles' pitching staff, the predictions from MLB experts have been mixed. Some of the MLB picks by computer models and analysts have projected a lackluster performance from Baltimore's pitchers this season, while others have been more optimistic. One area of concern for the Orioles is their starting rotation. However, there are a few bright spots that could provide some hope for the team. One of these is left-hander Nestor Cortes, who has shown promise in his limited appearances for the Orioles. The 26-year-old has a career ERA of 2.06 and could prove to be a key contributor in the rotation this season. Another area of optimism is the bullpen, which saw some improvements in the offseason. The addition of veteran relievers like Cole Sulser and Shawn Armstrong could help solidify the bullpen and give the Orioles a fighting chance in close games. Despite some concerns, the Orioles are not without

Orioles: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to the Orioles' hitting, there are mixed opinions among MLB experts and predictions made by both humans and computers. Some experts believe that the Orioles have a strong lineup that can compete with the best of the best, while others have doubts about their ability to consistently produce at the plate. MLB picks and parlays favor the Orioles for some games, especially when playing weaker opponents or when their starting pitcher has a favorable matchup. However, there are also times when the odds are against them, and they are predicted to struggle against stronger opponents. Looking at the Orioles' performance so far in the season, they seem to have an above-average offense. Their batting average of .259 is higher than the league average, and they have hit 13 home runs in the first 10 games. Their slugging percentage and total bases per game also rank in the top 5 in the league. However, there are areas where the Orioles

 

Injury Report

As with any sport, injuries can greatly impact a team's success. The New York Yankees and Baltimore Orioles have both been dealing with some injuries early in the season. For the Yankees, pitcher Jonathan Loaisiga is on the 15-day IL, which could weaken their bullpen. As for the Orioles, starting pitcher Kyle Bradish and relievers Mychal Givens and James McCann are all on the 15-day IL, while starting pitcher Bruce Zimmermann is day-to-day with an injury. These injuries could certainly affect the outcome of the upcoming game between the Yankees and Orioles. 

 

 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Jonathan Loaisiga New York Yankees RP 15-day IL (as of Apr 8)
Seth Johnson Baltimore Orioles SP Day-to-day (as of Apr 4)
Kyle Bradish Baltimore Orioles

 

Prediction

As we head into the second week of the season, the New York Yankees will take on the Baltimore Orioles in Game 3 of their 4-game series on Sunday, April 9, 2023, at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Both teams will be looking for a crucial victory, with the Yankees coming off a 6-7 loss against the Orioles in Game 1 and the Orioles looking to continue their winning streak and take the series. According to the MLB picks experts and computer predictions, the Yankees are favored to win with a 55.6% chance of victory. However, this is not a guarantee, as the Orioles have been playing well lately and may surprise the Yankees. For my pick, I'm going with the Yankees to win this matchup. With their strong pitching staff and talented lineup, they have the edge over the Orioles in this game. 

 

Pick: Yankees

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $84,090
last 30 days winnings $0
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1285 - 1108 - 96
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $78,000
last 30 days winnings $0
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 607 - 394 - 11
Winnings % 59%