Marlins vs Diamondbacks Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/16

Marlins vs Diamondbacks Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/16

© Sam Navarro-USA TODAY Sports

 

Diamondbacks vs Marlins MLB Game Preview: April 16, 2023

The Arizona Diamondbacks will be facing off against the Miami Marlins in a highly anticipated MLB match on April 16, 2023. As the game draws closer, MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer, and MLB picks em predictions have been pouring in from various sources. MLB today experts picks, MLB picks and parlay, and MLB expert picks today will be highly sought after as fans eagerly look for the best MLB bets today, MLB picks with spread, and MLB predictions today in hopes of securing a winning bet.

The Diamondbacks head into the game with an 8-7 record and a 3-5 away record. They will be facing off against the Marlins, who have an 8-7 record and a 5-4 home record. Both teams have been performing well, making it a highly competitive match-up.

 

Diamondbacks: Pitching Analysis

The Arizona Diamondbacks have had a shaky start to the 2023 MLB season, currently sitting at 8-7. One factor that has contributed to their inconsistency is their pitching staff. Let's take a closer look at their pitching statistics and predictions from various MLB picks experts. According to MLBPicks.com, the Diamondbacks' pitching performance has not been impressive, with an earned run average (ERA) of 4.72 which ranks 21st among all MLB teams. Their strikeouts per 9 innings (K/9) is 8.63, which ranks 18th. However, their ground ball percentage is quite impressive at 52.3%, which ranks 6th among all MLB teams. MLBPicksEmpire.com, on the other hand, predicts that the Diamondbacks' pitching staff will improve over the course of the season, stating that their individual pitchers have shown promise and potential. Meanwhile, MLB computer predictions from Diamondbacks: Hitting Analysis The Arizona Diamondbacks have had an up and down season thus far. Experts and computer MLB picks have predicted a variety of outcomes for the team, making it difficult to predict their success. However, with the help of analysis and prediction tools, it is possible to make educated MLB picks and predictions for the Diamondbacks. MLB today experts have analyzed the Diamondbacks' hitting statistics and compared them to their opponents to make predictions for upcoming games. The Diamondbacks have struggled with consistency in their offense, ranking 18th in runs per game and 14th in slugging percentage. However, there are bright spots in their lineup, including Corbin Carroll who has hit 3 home runs and a .273 batting average. Some MLB picks and parlay options for the Diamondbacks include looking at their performance against opponents with weaker pitching staffs or focusing on games where their hitters have shown success in the past. MLB experts' picks today suggest that the Diamondbacks may struggle when facing strong pitching, and could

Marlins: Pitching Analysis

When it comes to the Marlins' pitching, experts and computer MLB picks and predictions have not been kind to the team. Currently sitting in the middle of the National League standings, the Marlins have had to rely on their pitching staff to keep them competitive in games. Despite the challenges, the Marlins have a solid pitching rotation led by ace Sandy Alcantara. Alcantara has been the most consistent pitcher for the Marlins this season, posting a 1-1 record with a 3.55 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 25.1 innings pitched. The rest of the rotation has struggled to find their footing, with the likes of rookie Edward Cabrera and Trevor Rogers both holding ERAs above 5.00. However, Dylan Floro has provided some relief in the bullpen, racking up six saves while holding a 2.70 ERA. While the Marlins' pitching staff has not been a standout in the league, it has kept them in games Marlins: Hitting Analysis The Miami Marlins have struggled on the offensive side of the game this season, with an average of only 3.29 runs per game, the lowest in the league. However, there is hope for the team as they have some key players who have shown great promise in recent games. Outfielder Jorge Soler has been the Marlins' top performer with four home runs and eight RBIs in just 11 games. Meanwhile, Corbin Carroll has been a bright spot with three home runs and a .273 batting average. On the pitching side, Sandy Alcantara has been a reliable starter for the Marlins with a 1-1 record and a 5.79 ERA. The team also boasts a strong bullpen led by Dylan Floro and Braxton Garrett. While the Marlins' offense has struggled, their pitching has kept them in games. If the team can find a way to generate more runs, they have the potential to make a push for a playoff spot. As for expert predictions

 

Injury Report

As the MLB season progresses, injuries are becoming a more prominent issue for teams. This week, both the Arizona Diamondbacks and Miami Marlins have several players listed on their injury reports. For the Diamondbacks, Madison Bumgarner is currently listed as day-to-day after experiencing some discomfort in his pitching arm. The team is being cautious with their ace, but is hopeful he will be able to return to the mound soon. The Marlins have a few more players dealing with injuries, including Joey Wendle and Sixto Sanchez who are on the 10-day IL. Jorge Soler and Luis Arraez are both listed as day-to-day and may miss some time on the field. These injuries could have an impact on the upcoming game between the Diamondbacks and Marlins.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Madison Bumgarner Arizona Diamondbacks SP day-to-day
Johnny Cueto Miami Marlins SP 15-day IL
Joey Wendle Miami Marlins SS 10-day IL
Sixto Sanchez Miami Marlins SP</

 

Prediction

As the Diamondbacks take on the Marlins on April 16, 2023, the experts and computer MLB picks and predictions are split with a 47.4% chance of an Arizona victory and a 52.6% chance of a Miami win. While the odds favor the Marlins, my pick for the game is the Diamondbacks. In MLB, picks by experts are not always reliable, and as the season progresses, teams can surprise you. The Diamondbacks have been improving their batting and pitching performance in recent games, and I believe they have the potential to take home the victory against the Marlins. 

 

Pick: Diamondbacks ML

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $74,767
last 30 days winnings $15,090
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 248 - 8
Winnings % 59%
Winnings $79,704
last 30 days winnings $4,760
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 241 - 147 - 5
Winnings % 61%