Mariners vs Guardians Prediction MLB Experts Picks 03/31

Mariners vs Guardians Prediction MLB Experts Picks 03/31

© Aaron Josefczyk-USA TODAY Sports

 

Guardians vs Mariners: MLB Game Preview for March 31, 2023

The Cleveland Guardians and the Seattle Mariners are set to face off at T-Mobile Park on March 31, 2023. As the season opener, both teams are looking to start off strong and gain an early advantage in what promises to be a competitive season. MLB picks and experts have started to give their predictions for this game, with many using computer models and analytics to provide MLB picks and parlay options with predictions for the game. With both teams having a talented roster of players, it will be interesting to see which team comes out on top. In this MLB game preview, we will take a closer look at both teams and provide analysis on the MLB picks with spread, MLB picks today, and MLB picks odds. Stay tuned for a full-length prediction article on this exciting match-up between the Cleveland Guardians and the Seattle Mariners.

 

Guardians: Pitching Analysis

The Cleveland Guardians will kick off their 2023 MLB season against the Seattle Mariners on March 31st, and experts and computer picks alike are already making their predictions for the game and the season as a whole. When it comes to pitching, the Guardians have some promising arms in their rotation. Hunter Gaddis, a right-hander, is slated to take the mound against lefty Robbie Ray of the Mariners on opening day. Gaddis has been impressive in spring training, boasting a 2.25 ERA with 18 strikeouts in 20 innings pitched. Ray, on the other hand, has struggled in the preseason with a 6.10 ERA through four starts. In addition to Gaddis and Ray, the Guardians have some other talented pitchers to watch, including right-handers Shane Bieber and Aaron Civale. Bieber is coming off a Cy Young award-winning season in which he posted a 1.63 ERA with 122 strikeouts in 77.1 innings pitched. Civale also had a strong 2022 campaign, finishing with a 3.82 ERA and 108 strikeouts in 98.1 innings pitched. Overall, the Guardians pitching staff has the potential to be a major strength for the team this season. MLB experts and computer picks alike are predicting that Cleveland will be a strong contender in the American League Central, and their pitching is a big reason why. If the Guardians can keep their starting rotation healthy and performing at a high level, they could very well make a deep playoff run in 2023. Only time will tell if they can live up to those high expectations, but for now, fans and analysts alike are excited to see what this team can do on the mound. 

Guardians Hitting Analysis:

Expert Picks and Predictions As the Guardians prepare to take on the Mariners in their opening game of the season, MLB pick experts and computer models have weighed in with their predictions. According to Pick Center, the Mariners have a slight advantage with a 52.5% chance of winning, while the Guardians sit at 47.5%. MLB computer models have also predicted a strong performance from the Guardians. As for the Guardians' hitting performance, their recent games have been a mixed bag with some big wins and some tough losses. However, their offense shows promise with a total bases/game of 12.98, run differential of +68.0 and a secondary average of 0.279. Their pitching is also strong with an earned run average of 3.59 and a WHIP of 1.187. Guardians fans are hopeful that their team will start the season strong and continue to improve throughout the year. With the support of their loyal fans and the talent of their players, the Guardians have the potential to make a splash in the MLB this season.

 

Mariners: Pitching Analysis

The Seattle Mariners are looking to improve their pitching staff in the upcoming 2023 MLB season. Experts and computer MLB picks predict the Mariners to have a successful season with their current roster. One of the starting pitchers for the Mariners is Hunter Gaddis, who had a strong debut season in 2022. He finished with a 3.29 ERA and 1.15 WHIP in 21 starts. Gaddis is expected to continue to improve in 2023 and provide consistency for the Mariners' rotation. Another starting pitcher for the Mariners is Robbie Ray, who was acquired in the offseason via trade. Ray is coming off a great season in 2022 with a 2.84 ERA and 1.08 WHIP with the Toronto Blue Jays. He's expected to be a major contributor to the Mariners' rotation in 2023. In addition to Gaddis and Ray, the Mariners have a strong bullpen made up of Diego Castillo, Matt Festa, Chris Flexen, and Paul Sewald. These relievers had success in 2022 and are expected to continue to perform well in 2023. Overall, the Mariners' pitching staff is expected to be a major reason for their success in 2023. MLB picks and experts predict the team to have a successful season, and with these pitchers leading the way, it's likely they'll meet those expectations.

Mariners: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to predicting the success of a team, experts have historically relied on a combination of their own experience and intuition, as well as statistics-based analyses. But with the rise of sophisticated computer algorithms and the increasing availability of data, MLB picks and predictions have become more accurate than ever before. Looking at the Mariners' hitting from a statistical standpoint, they have some promising players. Their run differential of +68 ranks them in the top ten in the league, indicating that they have a strong offense. Their on-base percentage of .314 and slugging percentage of .389 both rank in the middle of the league, but their isolated power of .159 and secondary average of .279 suggest that they have players who can hit for extra bases. One area where the Mariners have excelled is drawing walks. Their 3.67 walks per game ranks third in the league, indicating that they have a disciplined approach at the plate. But they also strike out at a higher rate than some of the other top teams in the league, with 8.72 strikeouts per game. When it comes to predicting their hitting performance for today's game, experts have varying opinions. Some believe that the Mariners' offense will continue to perform well and make them one of the best MLB picks of the day. Others think that the Guardians will come out on top, given their strong pitching and defensive capabilities. Ultimately, it will come down to which team is able to execute their game plan and make the most of their opportunities at the plate. Both teams have their strengths and weaknesses, so it should be an interesting game to watch.

 

Injury Report

As the 2023 MLB season begins, injuries will be a major factor in determining which teams succeed and which teams falter. MLB picks experts, including both computer-generated MLB picks emp predictions and expert MLB picks, will be studying injury reports closely in order to make the best MLB picks for today. The Cleveland Guardians and Seattle Mariners will undoubtedly be affected by injuries throughout the season, and their injury reports will be closely monitored by MLB experts. As of March 30th, the Guardians have already placed three players on the disabled list: starting pitcher Cody Morris (60-day IL), starting pitcher Triston McKenzie (15-day IL), and relief pitcher Sam Hentges (15-day IL). Meanwhile, the Mariners have three players currently listed as out due to injuries: relief pitcher Casey Sadler (out since March 26th), right fielder Taylor Trammell (out since March 26th), and right fielder Dylan Moore (out since March 27th). MLB experts will be keeping a close eye on the injury reports for both teams as they make their MLB picks and parlay bets. Ultimately, the teams that are able to manage their injuries effectively and keep key players healthy will have the best chance of success in the 2023 MLB season. MLB expert picks today and the best MLB bets today will reflect this understanding, as experts use injury reports to make informed predictions about which teams will come out on top.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Cody Morris Cleveland Guardians SP 60-day IL
Triston McKenzie Cleveland Guardians SP 15-day IL
Sam Hentges Cleveland Guardians RP 15-day IL
Casey Sadler Seattle Mariners RP Out
Taylor Trammell Seattle Mariners RF Out
Dylan Moore Seattle Mariners RF Out

 

MLB Prediction: 

Today, we've analyzed the data and consulted with MLB insiders to bring you the best MLB picks for today and beyond. Our experts have taken a close look at the current rosters, past performances, and upcoming matchups to determine the best picks for the early games of the season. But remember, don't always take the favorite - a good underdog pick can often pay off big time. For today's game between the Guardians and Mariners, we're giving our pick to the Guardians. Despite being the underdog in this matchup, they have a strong pitcher in Hunter Gaddis who has the potential to lead them to victory. But these predictions are just the beginning - with a long season ahead, there will surely be many twists and turns along the way. Make sure to check back with us for the latest MLB picks and parlays, expert analysis, and up-to-date odds and spreads. Who knows, you could be the one to cash in on the next big upset pick.

 

Pick: Guardians 

Winnings $83,830
last 30 days winnings ($260)
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1299 - 1121 - 96
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $80,140
last 30 days winnings $2,140
Yesterday winnings $690
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 641 - 422 - 12
Winnings % 58%